• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] What MBTI type(s) do you associate with this tritype?

L

LadyLazarus

Hello,I'm new to Typology central.I joined this site in hopes of finding my MBTI type as I am extremely confused about exactly what I am.I feel as if the more I study MBTI, the more it all starts to blur together,as if I am a conglomeration of all the types.Honestly,I think I could be any of them at this point,although that might be the whole 4w5 thing,I really have no idea.

Moving on,there is one thing I am fairly certain about;my tritype.I originally tested as a 4-5-8 but found I could only relate to the description to an extent,after some research I finally came to the conclusion that I am in fact a 4-6-8(or possibly a 6-4-8),being that the description of the Truth Teller was incredibly accurate.It was almost embarrassing finding such a strangely accurate description of my personality(albeit it was made out to be more extroverted than I am),so,getting to the point,I was hoping you all could help me use my tritype as a sort of link to fishing out my MBTI type or at least giving me a general idea of what I might be.

Sorry this is so long winded...
Thank you for reading,and I would appreciate any and all relevant responses :).

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not quite sure what MBTI types I'd associate with 468 and at best it's correlation, no more.

Which MBTI dichotomies and/or functions do you understand well / relate to?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oof, triple reactive. If you think core 4 then maybe ISFP or INFP. INFJ is probably not as likely cus of the 8 fix, but still probable because of the core 4. I don't think looking at correlations will help you find out your type though. It might help you look in certain directions but nothing conclusive. :shrug: I mean even ENFP or ENFJ could be possible.

Alea_iacta_est

For the Scholar tritype, (4-5-8) there is a bit of a preference toward introversion, but not always, and if 8 is in the lead can make the person appear extroverted or actually be extroverted. The Scholar tritype is very INxx oriented excepting the ISTP.

From the actual people who came up with the idea:
8-5-4 and 8-4-5 are more introverted intuition oriented (INxJ)
5-4-8 is usually going to be INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISTP or in some miraculous yet extremely rare cases ENTP.
4-5-8 might usually be INTJ, INFJ, and possibly INFP and ISTP, and sometimes includes the even rarer and almost mythological and legendary ENTP 4

I don't really know for the 4-6-8, but I'd assume around the same lines though slightly more extroverted, 6 adds an ambiverted quality.

Remember that this is a very loose correlation.

L

LadyLazarus

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]
First of all,thank you for your response :) .
Hmmm...well although my understanding of the functions is quite limited,I would have to say I relate to Fi's ability to detect what is authentic and what is not as well as Ne's ability to see several possibilities. I'm.I'm also very emotional expressive which I heard is a Fe thing.
As I mentioned my understanding of the functions is quite vague...could I perhaps trouble you for a quick explanation of them?

L

LadyLazarus

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
Thank you for your response as well.
Haha yes,that triad's label describes it and myself quite well.
I have actually been considering all of the types you mentioned,as I heard four is a common enneagram for ISFP,INFP,and INFJ.I suppose I could be a cynical idealist or an ISFP of the slightly more assertive variety.
Yes,it seems most of the tritype applications to MBTI are not confirmed.
Hmm...I could see ENFJ possibly...are they as bossy as ESFJ's though?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
Thank you for your response as well.
Haha yes,that triad's label describes it and myself quite well.
I have actually been considering all of the types you mentioned,as I heard four is a common enneagram for ISFP,INFP,and INFJ.I suppose I could be a cynical idealist or an ISFP of the slightly more assertive variety.
Yes,it seems most of the tritype applications to MBTI are not confirmed.
Hmm...I could see ENFJ possibly...are they as bossy as ESFJ's though?

Well, from all the types you considered at least F is a clear preference for you? It tends to be a common case with 4s since they're usually very emotional thinkers. :D

Theoretically, ENFJs are supposed to have the In-Charge interaction style (along with ESTs and ENTJ) while ESFJs are supposed to have the Get-Things-Going interaction style (along with ENPs and ESFP) so in that sense they actually could be even more bossy than ESFJs haha. :laugh: Although this is all hypothetically, in the real world YMMV. I've met some EFJs who aren't really controlling but still are as sweet as Fe-doms usually are. Although I did get a little lecture from my ESFJ bestie about my online dating profile account. :blush:

F-dominant individuals or people with a strong preference towards F could actually be pretty assertive when it comes to their values, their sense of right and wrong, etc. So maybe looking into what makes you fired up and assertive could help lead you to an answer?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What about INFJ? That has Fe as a secondary function. That might make it a bit less bossy than us ExFJs. :p

L

LadyLazarus

Well, from all the types you considered at least F is a clear preference for you? It tends to be a common case with 4s since they're usually very emotional thinkers. :D

Theoretically, ENFJs are supposed to have the In-Charge interaction style (along with ESTs and ENTJ) while ESFJs are supposed to have the Get-Things-Going interaction style (along with ENPs and ESFP) so in that sense they actually could be even more bossy than ESFJs haha. :laugh: Although this is all hypothetically, in the real world YMMV. I've met some EFJs who aren't really controlling but still are as sweet as Fe-doms usually are. Although I did get a little lecture from my ESFJ bestie about my online dating profile account. :blush:

F-dominant individuals or people with a strong preference towards F could actually be pretty assertive when it comes to their values, their sense of right and wrong, etc. So maybe looking into what makes you fired up and assertive could help lead you to an answer?

Yes,I think I am probably closer to an F,although most F descriptions I've read have sounded too fluffy to be me,and I've noticed most F's tend to be friendly and giving.While I think I initially tend to come off cold because I'm super shy and anxious around people I don't know,as well as being very self centered and admittedly selfish.Although logic does tend to go out the window under stress haha...plus T descriptions are too cool and unemotional to be me.So yes I'd say so.
Haha and here I was thinking ESFJ's where the bossiest people on earth,turns out there's someone bossier than them!
Yes I think I am only assertive when someone stomps on my values,other than that I am pretty easy-going I guess :D.
Also,yes I will certainly look into that.What do T's get assertive about?

L

LadyLazarus

What about INFJ? That has Fe as a secondary function. That might make it a bit less bossy than us ExFJs. :p

Yes that is certainly a possibility,although I feel as if I am not a giving enough person to be an INFJ, as I have heard they are very giving.I can however relate to their cold exterior and warm interior thing.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes that is certainly a possibility,although I feel as if I am not a giving enough person to be an INFJ, as I have heard they are very giving.I can however relate to their cold exterior and warm interior thing.

Meh, just because you've heard something about a type doesn't mean it's true for everyone who identifies with it. For example, most people assume ESFJs are crafty and domestic. I fail horribly at decorating, and I don't even bother with all the froofy pinterest DIY stuff. But, I'm definitely an ESFJ.

Plus, none of the INFJs I know are particularly giving. Except maybe my mom. But she doesn't have a cold exterior either. Everyone is different. :)

L

LadyLazarus

Meh, just because you've heard something about a type doesn't mean it's true for everyone who identifies with it. For example, most people assume ESFJs are crafty and domestic. I fail horribly at decorating, and I don't even bother with all the froofy pinterest DIY stuff. But, I'm definitely an ESFJ.

Plus, none of the INFJs I know are particularly giving. Except maybe my mom. But she doesn't have a cold exterior either. Everyone is different. :)
Alright,good point,I will keep that in mind :).After all,typology is not flawless,and all encompassing or anything.Yeah that does sound quite a bit different from some of the ESFJ'S(at least I think that's what they where,but maybe that's a bit presumptuous of me)I've met.That being said I have to admit the 4 in me would not mind being an INFJ,but I want to remain honest with myself at the same time.Oh the struggle!:laugh:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello,I'm new to Typology central.I joined this site in hopes of finding my MBTI type as I am extremely confused about exactly what I am.I feel as if the more I study MBTI, the more it all starts to blur together,as if I am a conglomeration of all the types.Honestly,I think I could be any of them at this point,although that might be the whole 4w5 thing,I really have no idea.

Moving on,there is one thing I am fairly certain about;my tritype.I originally tested as a 4-5-8 but found I could only relate to the description to an extent,after some research I finally came to the conclusion that I am in fact a 4-6-8(or possibly a 6-4-8),being that the description of the Truth Teller was incredibly accurate.It was almost embarrassing finding such a strangely accurate description of my personality(albeit it was made out to be more extroverted than I am),so,getting to the point,I was hoping you all could help me use my tritype as a sort of link to fishing out my MBTI type or at least giving me a general idea of what I might be.

Sorry this is so long winded...
Thank you for reading,and I would appreciate any and all relevant responses :).

YAY! Another one!! That's my tritype, too. I agree, it makes us sound more extroverted than we actually are, and there's plenty of lore going around the internet that we are all these crazed, belligerent prophets of doom and gloom. To be honest, I just pick up on things that no one else does and get upset about them. But I'm hardly the asshole screaming in your face all the time. Most of my work is whistle-blowing and myth-busting, and it often occurs behind the scenes, or on my blog. People misunderstand what it means to be "triple reactive". I'd be happy to bitch about it with you in the future, actually.

Unfortunately, tritypes aren't actually linked to MBTI type. I'm an ENTP, but that doesn't necessarily seem the most likely combination with this tritype. Yet it stands.

You may want to get familiar with the cognitive functions before deciding--I always test as ISTP for instance, yet I am sure I'm an ENTP because I've read what each function makes your brain do, and I've observed myself. I'm not extroverted by any means, but there you have it. Jung's cognitive functions often give you a very different picture of yourself than the MBTI scales.

Disregard the profiles. I find that mine actually does give an accurate picture of what my brain is doing, but some people act contrary to type. Go by functions first.

Also, it might help to definitively establish your core enneagram type--there are rumored to be correlations, so look into it! Fours tend to be NFs, and 6s can be quite a lot of things.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to get back to you.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm...well although my understanding of the functions is quite limited,I would have to say I relate to Fi's ability to detect what is authentic and what is not as well as Ne's ability to see several possibilities. I'm.I'm also very emotional expressive which I heard is a Fe thing.
As I mentioned my understanding of the functions is quite vague...could I perhaps trouble you for a quick explanation of them?

how about INFP in MBTI and INFp in socionics, then. of course I know nothing about you so I just said this as something to consider.

as for the functions, this isn't a bad site: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Cognitive-Functions/index.cfm

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wanna add one thing.

I typed as an Fi-dom for a long time because of this ability of mine--I see what's authentic and what's not. I say what needs to be said. That's tritype-related, though. Remember that your cognitive preferences are the way your brain works--how it perceives information, draws conclusions, and makes impersonal and interpersonal calculations.

I found this an extremely handy starting point:
http://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...I-Functional-Descriptions-by-J-H-van-der-Hoop

Forgive me if you've already seen it; I find it to be a readable summary of Jung's work, and it's also highly applicable.

L

LadyLazarus

YAY! Another one!! That's my tritype, too. I agree, it makes us sound more extroverted than we actually are, and there's plenty of lore going around the internet that we are all these crazed, belligerent prophets of doom and gloom. To be honest, I just pick up on things that no one else does and get upset about them. But I'm hardly the asshole screaming in your face all the time. Most of my work is whistle-blowing and myth-busting, and it often occurs behind the scenes, or on my blog. People misunderstand what it means to be "triple reactive". I'd be happy to bitch about it with you in the future, actually.

Unfortunately, tritypes aren't actually linked to MBTI type. I'm an ENTP, but that doesn't necessarily seem the most likely combination with this tritype. Yet it stands.

You may want to get familiar with the cognitive functions before deciding--I always test as ISTP for instance, yet I am sure I'm an ENTP because I've read what each function makes your brain do, and I've observed myself. I'm not extroverted by any means, but there you have it. Jung's cognitive functions often give you a very different picture of yourself than the MBTI scales.

Disregard the profiles. I find that mine actually does give an accurate picture of what my brain is doing, but some people act contrary to type. Go by functions first.

Also, it might help to definitively establish your core enneagram type--there are rumored to be correlations, so look into it! Fours tend to be NFs, and 6s can be quite a lot of things.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to get back to you.
Nice to meet a fellow triple reactive :). To be honest I actually find the lore kind of flattering they paint such a pretty picture of us:laugh:;a lone dissenter calling out truth from a rooftop and so on...I agree it's not really that dramatic at all,and for me it was not a concious thing until a few people pointed out that I always seem to hate a certain type of person,that is to say a person I sensed to have ulterior motives.I guess that's why I've never been one to be used or taken advantage of.Although,now I am much more tactful if I choose to share my "premonitions" with someone,which is rare.
Haha I wouldn't mind actually,I enjoy new perspectives,so "bitch away":laugh:
Yes,I will read up on them further,thank you for your advice.Agreed those profiles are very badly written.
Thank you,will do!

L

LadyLazarus

I have actually not seen it,I will make sure to check it out,thanks.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice to meet a fellow triple reactive :). To be honest I actually find the lore kind of flattering they paint such a pretty picture of us:laugh:;a lone dissenter calling out truth from a rooftop and so on...I agree it's not really that dramatic at all,and for me it was not a concious thing until a few people pointed out that I always seem to hate a certain type of person,that is to say a person I sensed to have ulterior motives.I guess that's why I've never been one to be used or taken advantage of.Although,now I am much more tactful if I choose to share my "premonitions" with someone,which is rare.
Haha I wouldn't mind actually,I enjoy new perspectives,so "bitch away":laugh:
Well I'm glad you like our depictions anyway! I personally am tired as being seen as criminally insane or in need of a bitchslap. But that's just me.

I like the bolded. I had this problem as a kid of instantly taking extreme likes or dislikes to my best friends' friends and later my initial reaction turned out to be deadly accurate. The folks I disliked revealed themselves to be crap, and the folks I liked turned out to be great friends.

I'm also really good at picking up on the aura of places. Like this one time in Thailand (no I'm not a pedophile, it's just where the nearest international airport is), I became instantly convinced my presence was unwanted in the country, and a number of long-term expats later told me that my perception was extremely accurate but that most people had to live there for months in order to realize it.

I'm also psychic about global affairs. So consequently, I tend to trust my instincts on things immensely. The main problem is that no one else listens to me.

It's funny though, because most of this really is subconscious. I didn't really think about it till I read the 468 profile, but I knew they were talking about me when I did.

Yes,I will read up on them further,thank you for your advice.Agreed those profiles are very badly written.
Thank you,will do!
Good luck!!