• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hopefully this will help figure out my type

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know if this is enough info if not let me know and i'll add more

When I was a kid I was very paranoid like legit paranoid. I was one of those kids that was absolutely scared to sleep out of fear her parents being murdered and thought if I didn’t sleep I could save them by just simply not sleeping. And sometimes I’d be scared that wouldn’t work so I’d make my mom sleep in my room. Since the killer wasn’t going to kill me so I figured if she was in my room he wouldn’t kill her either. This started around the age of 3 and lasted til I was 14. Also the other thing I was scared of was the devil possessing me. I even saw the virgin mary once standing there but I knew it was the devil so I ran the other way. I don’t really have issues with paranoia these day though I grew out of it. Looking back I don’t know why my parents never took me to therapy when I was little,

I don’t connect with people often, but when I do it’s usually for life and it’s a whole nother level then I do with most people.
I’m not exactly shy but you’re lucky if you can get more than one word responses out of me, but if I like you (which is rare) I will talk forever
I don’t trust people, like what’s their motive for talking to me

I tend to try and keep the peace

I’ve always been called strange, eccentric, or weird. I don’t know how true that is, but ok

I have a hard time giving a fuck about other people’s problems, I get bored talking about average stuff and would rather talk about things that interest me then what anyone else wants to talk about. So sometimes I’ll just talk and who evers listening can respond, or they can not it doesn’t matter. I do although get frustrated when I ask someone a question and they don’t answer and will keep asking til I get a response

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
lol, you do sound like me to a large degree.

uummmm.... 6????? a nine-ish looking 6???

..I'm just gonna run away now...

Alea_iacta_est

I'd say 6w5 but 6w7 is equally true and a possible Schizotypal PD with paranoid features.
That's only based on this post though.

B

brainheart

I think 6w5 is more likely. 6w5s typically fall more into paranoia and you've got the whole 5 detachment/schizoid thing going on (not saying this in a bad way, cause I know how the five wing thing goes, too).

6w5 makes more sense to me viewing your posts over the years/ looking at things as a whole.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also think 6w5 sounds better. I used have these fears as a kid too! But I wasn't afraid of killers, but ghosts and magical creatures that will come and put a spell on me, or something like that. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I also think 6w5 sounds better. I used have these fears as a kid too! But I wasn't afraid of killers, but ghosts and magical creatures that will come and put a spell on me, or something like that. :D

hmmm :thinking: maybe I wasn't overly paranoid as a kid, but rather quite normal

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if this is enough info if not let me know and i'll add more

When I was a kid I was very paranoid like legit paranoid. I was one of those kids that was absolutely scared to sleep out of fear her parents being murdered and thought if I didn’t sleep I could save them by just simply not sleeping. And sometimes I’d be scared that wouldn’t work so I’d make my mom sleep in my room. Since the killer wasn’t going to kill me so I figured if she was in my room he wouldn’t kill her either. This started around the age of 3 and lasted til I was 14. Also the other thing I was scared of was the devil possessing me. I even saw the virgin mary once standing there but I knew it was the devil so I ran the other way. I don’t really have issues with paranoia these day though I grew out of it. Looking back I don’t know why my parents never took me to therapy when I was little

Hey, it doesn't have to be 6-related. I remember as a kid (at the age of 3 or 4) wondering if my mom had poisoned my food (lol, for no reason). I was convinced monsters grew in my closet when it got dark, and being convinced my friend would somehow turn into a skeleton when we had sleep overs. I was also convinced the gang of teenagers down the street would cut me up with knives if I walked through their territory. Ha, lol, and I'm not even a 6.

My mother, a 9w1, was similarly convinced that intruders were about to break into the house at night, and she would flail around in bed because "it's harder to hit a moving target". She's not even 6-fixed.

I'm not saying you're not a 6, I'm just saying, your instances of paranoia sound like relatively normal childhood stuff to me, not necessarily indicative of core existential anxiety. The other stuff you've related actually sounds more 9ish to me (and yeah, 9s do have a 6 connection).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hey, it doesn't have to be 6-related. I remember as a kid (at the age of 3 or 4) wondering if my mom had poisoned my food (lol, for no reason). I was convinced monsters grew in my closet when it got dark, and being convinced my friend would somehow turn into a skeleton when we had sleep overs. I was also convinced the gang of teenagers down the street would cut me up with knives if I walked through their territory. Ha, lol, and I'm not even a 6.

My mother, a 9w1, was similarly convinced that intruders were about to break into the house at night, and she would flail around in bed because "it's harder to hit a moving target". She's not even 6-fixed.

I'm not saying you're not a 6, I'm just saying, your instances of paranoia sound like relatively normal childhood stuff to me, not necessarily indicative of core existential anxiety. The other stuff you've related actually sounds more 9ish to me (and yeah, 9s do have a 6 connection).
i've been called a 9,6,7,and 4 in the past

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, what do you think you are?

I don't know different parts of me describe those types I'm not a simple nor a complex person I'm just an average person. I know I'm not a 4

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, what do you think you are?

I don't know different parts of me describe those types I'm not a simple nor a complex person I'm just an average person. I know I'm not a 4