• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Having a 3 fix + assigning each person a social value

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So I'm seeing that with core 3's and with 3 fixers, they tend to assign social values to themselves and others. These value systems tend to be based on number of things: How much money a person has, how sexually attractive that person is, how attractive that person's significant other is, what they do for a living, how nice a person's house is, what type of car they drive, how many college degrees that person has, etc. It also seems like the higher up the scale that a person ranks in the previously listed categories, the greater social value that they have. For example, movie star "Will Smith" for example would have a social value of 10, because he is rich, attractive, famous, drives luxury cars, has an amazing house, and dates breathtakingly beautiful women. It seems like 3's constantly compare themselves to others and see how high up this social value chart they would be.Really I thought that all humans did this, but what I am seeing is that many people who aren't core 3's, aren't 3 fixers, and who don't have a strong 3 wing, don't really do this as much. Am I wrong about my assumptions here?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Really I thought that all humans did this, but what I am seeing is that many people who aren't core 3's, aren't 3 fixers, and who don't have a strong 3 wing, don't really do this as much. Am I wrong about my assumptions here?

I might just be putting my foot in my mouth, but maybe what you describe is generally mostly attributed towards extroverted rational than 3s specifically? I'm pretty sure that image types in general do this more often than the other types too for whatever reason.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I might just be putting my foot in my mouth, but maybe what you describe is generally mostly attributed towards extroverted rational than 3s specifically? I'm pretty sure that image types in general do this more often than the other types too for whatever reason.

So in other words you think that this is EXTROVERSION + image type?

S

Stansmith

To answer your question (I'm a 3w4 fixer), I'm usually left more impressed by a man's taste or depth of character (among other intangibles) than I am by his material possessions. The latter is a convenient shroud.

As opposed to the cliche success narrative, I'm interested in hearing about people who've managed to triumph over themselves...so to speak.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
To answer your question (I'm a 3w4 fixer), I'm usually left more impressed by a man's taste or depth of character (among other intangibles) than I am by his material possessions. The latter is a convenient shroud.

As opposed to the cliche success narrative, I'm interested in hearing about people who've managed to triumph over themselves...so to speak.

Interesting. [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] how do you relate to this thread?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] how do you relate to this thread?

All I care about is if the person is kind or can help me in some way or provide company to me. If 3's do this, I'm not very 3ish...

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm seeing that with core 3's and with 3 fixers, they tend to assign social values to themselves and others. These value systems tend to be based on number of things: How much money a person has, how sexually attractive that person is, how attractive that person's significant other is, what they do for a living, how nice a person's house is, what type of car they drive, how many college degrees that person has, etc. It also seems like the higher up the scale that a person ranks in the previously listed categories, the greater social value that they have. For example, movie star "Will Smith" for example would have a social value of 10, because he is rich, attractive, famous, drives luxury cars, has an amazing house, and dates breathtakingly beautiful women. It seems like 3's constantly compare themselves to others and see how high up this social value chart they would be.Really I thought that all humans did this, but what I am seeing is that many people who aren't core 3's, aren't 3 fixers, and who don't have a strong 3 wing, don't really do this as much. Am I wrong about my assumptions here?

I easily note these things but not from the standpoint of "social value". More about how it's useful in a material sense ;) I see it as the amount of resources and power one has, not in terms of how socially attractive it makes one. I don't have 3 in my tritype and I'm probably extraverted but I am social-last instinct.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
All I care about is if the person is kind or can help me in some way or provide company to me. If 3's do this, I'm not very 3ish...

I see.

I easily note these things but not from the standpoint of "social value". More about how it's useful in a material sense ;) I see it as the amount of resources and power one has, not in terms of how socially attractive it makes one. I don't have 3 in my tritype and I'm probably extraverted but I am social-last instinct.

If this isn't a 3 fix at work, then what is it?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Assigning people social value sounds more like so/sp at work

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If that's not what you were referring to then what were you referring to?

I was talking about noting who has what kind of power. As said in my original post

I will try to make myself clearer if that's not clear enough; things like how much money one are related to what resources the person has and that to me is closely related to power.

I don't care about social value for itself.

I assume a 3 goes for that social value thingie, though? Or so/sp or whatever?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another question; how does a core 4 or 4-fixed person approach this social value topic?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Is this not be the social value you assign people? It doesn't sound 3ish, like TGO's does.

I guess social value can mean different things to different people, but the concept of it sounds like so/sp.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly size up people intellectually. Screw 'social value'.

I'm a 539, if you're into tri types.

G

garbage

I don't relate to this at all. I'm not exactly jealous of, say, Will Smith. :shrug: