• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Enneagram type would this fall under?

Alea_iacta_est

These past few weeks, I've seen that I've gotten angrier much more often than usual, but the strange thing is that I noticed I enjoy being angry. When I'm angry, it feels like I am in complete control of a scenario; I begin counting myself as superior to the people around me, and it feeds this demented self-esteem high. It has gotten to the point where anger and power have become synonymous linked in my mind because when I'm angry, I feel powerful, formidable, vindictive (which is a good trait in my book), and unstoppable. It seems like I detach from the situation and view it from a high-up pedestal, as if I'm looking down on the people around me as inferior. Anger just feels like control and power now, and I don't let my anger show because I feel as if I don't need to, as if the anger is present around me in the form of social tension.

What type, tri-type, fix, or other Enneagram concept do you think this might be? I'm curious because I can't figure it out.

I

Infinite Bubble

I was thinking that, but I don't release my anger, so I was thinking something between 9,3,8, or possibly just my pissed off core 5 with the vice of avarice.

Well, anger is a gut issue. And 8 is about feeling "powerful, formidable, vindictive, and unstoppable" so that no one can control them.

Then again, that is their problem rather than something they enjoy (typically).

So maybe it is you integrating from 5 to 8, which would be a positive experience.

Although the way you describe it, it sounds unhealthy...

Alea_iacta_est

Well, anger is a gut issue. And 8 is about feeling "powerful, formidable, vindictive, and unstoppable" so that no one can control them.

Then again, that is their problem rather than something they enjoy (typically).

So maybe it is you integrating from 5 to 8, which would be a positive experience.

Although the way you describe it, it sounds unhealthy...

It doesn't feel unhealthy, but it doesn't feel healthy either. Maybe it's a sort of letting go of the social anxiety that plagues the 5 due to the integration to the more extroverted and controlling 8? Or it might be my type 3 heart fix taking a nose-dive into the unhealthy levels and subliminally affecting my 5 and 8 fixes.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like an eightish mindset being held in a 5-core. Then again, the superiority you're feeling sort of hearkens to 3.

Before ruling on that, I'd question if there's anything that's going on to spark it off? Something must have shifted if this is different from your norm.