• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Adapting your confrontation style to another person's: what is this reminiscent with?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I knew I was always meant for stardom.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]
I wonder how fast these 8ish tendencies would start to show in a person?
Well I think at healthier levels, the 8 is more about pragmatism and being enterprising. It takes metric fuck-tons of psychic violation for 8s to go into that survival-of-the-fittest, bully-who-doesn't-give-a-shit, my-way-or-the-highway stage. Unfortunately, many descriptions emphasize the more negative aspects of this without a clear explanation of its psychological underpinnings.

No that was a guy I'm pretty sure. I think you are referring to Storm. Storm died of liver failure if I remember correctly. They never bullied someone to suicide. However, they are like a damn cult, you can be sure of that. Never go there, if you are unsure of your identity.
You could be right about Storm. All I know is that I heard "rumors" about s.o. committing suicide. Damn, that's upsetting regardless.

wolfy

awsm
people always say i seem artsy...and i am in love with all things creative. like if i won the lottery i would just spend my time taking various art and design courses.

You are really artsy. I could see 749 for you. I typed myself as 947 I think...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Well I think at healthier levels, the 8 is more about pragmatism and being enterprising. It takes metric fuck-tons of psychic violation for 8s to go into that survival-of-the-fittest, bully-who-doesn't-give-a-shit, my-way-or-the-highway stage. Unfortunately, many descriptions emphasize the more negative aspects of this without a clear explanation of its psychological underpinnings.

I don't think that it takes much to get into survival of the fittest mode.

She definitely vibes 749 in her videos.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

oh yeah?? okay cool. i can see that for you too! hmm yeah ima think on it.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think that it takes much to get into survival of the fittest mode.
For me, though, it's more like "war" mode; I don't endorse "survival of the fittest" as a mentality, because to me, it's associated with Social Darwinism, and correspondingly, racial discrimination, subjugation of entire continents, women forced into corsets, over-the-top prudery, and bullshit theories about The Uber Mensch. Too Victorian for me.

It's just an impulse to be strong, and it's only at lower levels that this strength starts coming OVERTLY and ARTICULATELY at other peoples' expense. At least for me.

bluejay

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
You would have hated typewatch even more then. They all basically just brainwash you into thinking that you're a certain type there. If you disagree with them, they call you an ignoramus as well. Oh, and everyone is "supposedly" sexual last on that site. Pretty much every SX dom that I have known that has gone there has been mis-typed. Elfboy was a 3w4 sp/so there, I was a 6w5 so/sp, Promethea was a 6w7 so/sp and they typed her as ENFP (LMAO), and Pink Rasputin was 6w7 so/sp. That site was ridiculous, and I'm almost happy that I got banned.

It's pretty much the same no matter the enneagram environment.. ppl who claim they are sx, and don't act perfectly like it at all times, who claim everyone else has lower sx than them. Sx is psychic nudity not bravado.. I suspect the higher someone says their sx is, the lower it actually is.

I had so called "sx/sp's" on that site try and message me and tell me that they had their own enneagram lists etc. the gossiping was offensive to me, I couldn't care less about what anyone is doing, and I didn't like trying to be 'bribed' via bizarre lists. Also had others try to convince me of other stuff... oh, but because I don't want to 'connect' after attempted manipulations, it makes me a sp/so. Please.

This type of anti-sx behaviour (SOCIAL) from so called sx typists was hypocritcal to say the least.

Also got typed as a sp/so 2w1 which is so far away from me, it's positively laughable. Thanks to a lot of these typing folks, I thought I was a 6w7/2w1 for so long... but I am the biggest prototypical 5w4 / 3w4 / FLAMING 9w1. If you look at my art, writing and self expression... how ppl either hate me or fall in love with me. Chronic self destruction. Shifting self expression/styles.. have been on the brink of death many times. It's so obvious what I am. And this was BEFORE I even knew about enneagram. These folks have spent time crafting themselves around their type so that they can have the SOCIAL validation of being a knowledgable typer and aficionado. And for the SOCIAL validation of being recognised as their type. I just don't 'get it'. It's truly fake edginess. I think i've probably met only a handful of sp/sx in my life, and 1-2 sx/sps.

Sniper and Jase would be the only good typers on there imho.

Also my life... i'm pretty sure I know my own bloody life better than these folks who go on very sensory (s) reads... not even gut feel or intuition. It's all surface based on surface patterns. The EIDB were the biggest pushers of that kind of S culture.

Best thing with types is always to go with your first gut feel and don't let anyone else type you. Too many egos. I also have really moulded how I type others too. Never tell them, and I don't assume anything. I also look beyond just one impression and look at multiple sources to get at the right insight. It needs to 'click' and reflects the persons self view and life as well.

Biggest tell if it's a wrong typing if it feels weird and doesn't reflect your life at all. Usually a bad typing is a surface typing that someone is merging you into to suit their own patterns. The correct typing makes you go, "fucking hell, that's why my life is so shit in this area". It makes your life make sense for once. 5w4/3w4/9w1 makes my whole life make sense lol. It's not a source of pride either, it's like... embarrassing/shameful knowing what your real drives are in a way.. because it mirrors all your weak spots. You can already tell what mine are based on my types.

There's no good guide for how to interpret external expresison of enneagram patterns, because ennegram types are all written from the point of view of someone internally experiencing a type. The way it manifests can be SO DIFFERENT based on tritype, stack, life experience, mbti etc. We are all like collages. There is a thread that joins things together, but it is not always and hardly ever so obvious!!! i've spent months exploring certain folks types. It is not straight forward process.

Typing others has to go back to this. The internal lived experience, not overweighting the external presentation which can be faked, altered, and affected. Many in the ennea crowd try to hard to resemble 100% their self identified types and their behaviour shows this. We are not plastic creatures and types are shades of grey, not black and white. You don't have to be the extreme version of a type to be it. It's a type reasonably fitting your life, and not the other way around. No one has to cut their limbs off to perfectly fit a type. It's just weird. Be your weird self.

It's like being a doctor, treat the cause not the symptoms. The enneagram typing system is often the opposite, typing based on 'symptoms' which we all know is not the root and doesn't reflect true type.

For example, plenty of 7s are not happy go lucky.. they can be misanthropic and sullen. To confuse this outward behaviour for 4, or 5 is mis-using the system in my view. It ignores the core of what it's really about.