• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The drug triad

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was thinking more performance enhancing drugs

that could work
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]
maybe an unhealthy 3, but average/healthy 3s are much more aware of what will/won't get in the way of their goals, work habits and productivity, so I can't see them getting super addicted to drugs in most instances
Edit: oh, missed the "it keeps you up and keeps you productive part" in which case, yeah, maybe

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Very much disagree with this. I think both rich and poor people do more drugs than people in the middle.

I think that poor people do the most drugs because their lives suck the most.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that poor people do the most drugs because their lives suck the most.

Yeah, but rich people do a lot of drugs because they can afford it. And have doctors they can pay to prescribe them whatever they want.

Also wanna add that there is a big difference between upper people, downer people and hallucinogen people.

R

Riva

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] if I were you I would listen to [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION].

She has been to places.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm too chicken to do drugs unless caffeine and sugar count. I do food, money, sex, and sloth, but mostly I do books.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] if I were you I would listen to [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION].
She has been to places.
and how are these places relevant? (they might very well be, but this certainly isn't enough to convince me of anything)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and how are these places relevant? (they might very well be, but this certainly isn't enough to convince me of anything)

trust me elfboo, i've been places. i've seen things. i know some folks.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also wanna add that there is a big difference between upper people, downer people and hallucinogen people.
Now I'm interested in the distinction.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd also say Sx/So is the most likely to do drugs (along with anything else that could get them killed ASAP :tongue: )

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes this. "Doing drugs" is really broad.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now I'm interested in the distinction.

hmm well i think people who prefer uppers either like it for the extra energy it gives them for work/projects or they use it to keep themselves socially "up" and confident. especially when paired with drinking, it cancels out the drowsiness of alcohol and makes one able to party all night and talk incessantly. try to stay away from methheads so not a lot if experience with them, but cokeheads are annoying as fuck.

downer people are escapists. not that all drugs aren't an escape in a way, but they're the most numbing and comforting. it can help socially by making someone less anxious or reducing inhibitions but i don't see it as much as a party thing. for people who like to slow their mind down. can easily take over someone's life.

hallucinogen users are bored with the confines of reality and are hoping to expand their mind and find some secret to help themselves understand the world better. vast majority of people I know who've used these drugs do them very occasionally, the people who do it too often are wacked out nutjobs completely out of touch with the world.

typologically speaking hmmm..
(i'm definitely pulling this out of my ass right now, very loose associations)
uppers: 3, 5, 7, 8, so
downers: 2, 4, 6, 9, sp
hallucinogens: 4, 5, 7, 9, sx

let me add that those categories are not mutually exclusive, lots of people fall into multiple categories or just like any drug available. and i can think of many exceptions.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
counter-phobic 6s do a lot of drugs...8 seem very inaccurate in this drug thread. I can't imagine, that the person who strives the most to have the control and power over himself and his enviroment would eventually take drugs to loose it. Though I can imagine cocaine for them... 4s are the most prone to taking drugs of all the enneagram types. Sensitive, dreamers who are prone to depressions and self hate are the perfect target for drugs. 5s might use drugs to get away from the overwhelming enviroment around them. It's been said, that 7s are prone to addiction, but they are not the clasical drug users as they fear of pain, hangover, and unpleasent experiences that might come with drug using. On the other hand 7w8s can be into harsh and exciting expriences that come with drugs. I think 9s are also very prone to drug using... easily manipulated, strive for peace and harmony, but the reality might seem to fast and overwhelming for them, so they might decide to escape it and find their comfort most likely in weed, or other inhibiting drugs.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chana has a good theory there I think. I've never been interested in stimulants for recreation. (I do chug coffee all day err day but that's not for fun). Downers either. I don't even care for the feeling of an alcohol buzz really. What piques my interest in the drug world is the dreamy escapist allure of hallucinogens. I want my mind to go places. I want a rich experience. That is definitely in line with all the other parts of me that I identify with e7 sx.

Edit: my 7w8 ex (or maybe 8w7?) had a much more varied appetite for drugs. He did all kinds without sticking to any real category.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chana has a good theory there I think. I've never been interested in stimulants for recreation. (I do chug coffee all day err day but that's not for fun). Downers either. I don't even care for the feeling of an alcohol buzz really. What piques my interest in the drug world is the dreamy escapist allure of hallucinogens. I want my mind to go places. I want a rich experience. That is definitely in line with all the other parts of me that I identify with e7 sx.

This is interesting. It sounds like typical 7ish reaction. For me it's the right opposite. I fear to halucinate, I am not looking for the experience, but rather stimilation when it comes to drugs. The best one is emotional...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tried most drugs for the experience. I don't really have an addictive personality, though. If I had to pick top three types for that it would be 479.

Adderall is bougie meth anyway.

Amazing.

G

Ginkgo

I've never done any "hard drugs" and don't plan on doing so - I have an addictive personality and alcoholism runs rampant in the family. The "hardest" drugs I've done were intense psychedelics, but those usually don't have any addictive properties outside the realm of "psychological addiction".

Types most likely? 7>4>9>2>8>5>6>3>1 or thereabouts. 6s are iffy there, depending on coping mechanisms, but I'm making the case for phobic 6s.