• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram and Movies

Sunny Ghost

4w5 movie- An INFP and ISFP meet:

4w5 movie- An ISFP 4 falling apart (dom-tert loop):

Now you guy's share some examples of quintissential enneagram themes in movies. :D

Alea_iacta_est

Great examples. I've never seen The Usual Suspects. I have a hard time wrapping my head around a thinker being a heart triad.

It's happened before for type 4. Type 2 I think is the least likely to have thinkers, but I could be wrong. Type 3 is comprised of a lot of thinkers too.

Now you need to go watch The Usual Suspects to understand why that scene is so awesome.

Last edited:

Sunny Ghost

It's happened before for type 4. Type 2 I think is the least likely to have thinkers, but I could be wrong. Type 3 is comprised of a lot of thinkers too.

Now you need to go watch The Usual Suspects to understand why that scene is so awesome.
I do love Kevin Spacey.

Speaking of which...

E6 movie, with an ISFP 9w8 lead (Lester) and ISFP 4w5 (Jane):

Sunny Ghost

e4w5 or 5w4?, Ni/Se+Fi:

Can't decide, but somewhere in the spectrum of e4, 5 and 6. Regardless, a quintessential Ni/Se+Fi movie.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My memories of the movie are a little foggy but I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is basically about this 9 dude who meets an 7 girl and after things go sour in their relationship she goes extremely unhealthy 7 and decides to erase him from her memory so she doesn't have to deal with the pain of thinking about him. At least I think he was a 9. :thinking: Can't remember. But the girl was totes a 7 I'm sure of it.

Sunny Ghost

e9 movie about an INFP 4w5 and ENFP 4w3:

My memories of the movie are a little foggy but I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is basically about this 9 dude who meets an 7 girl and after things go sour in their relationship she goes extremely unhealthy 7 and decides to erase him from her memory so she doesn't have to deal with the pain of thinking about him. At least I think he was a 9. :thinking: Can't remember. But the girl was totes a 7 I'm sure of it.

Possible. I went with the e9, because of the whole inner peace, push away the hurt, thing. Both the characters struck me as 4's, but 9 and 7 are very possible.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Possible. I went with the e9, because of the whole inner peace, push away the hurt, thing. Both the characters struck me as 4's, but 9 and 7 are very possible.

I think they both have 4 fixes (4w5 for Joel and 4w3 for Clementine like you said) but aren't actually 4s. I think Joel is 9w1>4w5>6w5 and Clementine is 7w8>4w3>8w7. "Too many guys think that I'm a concept, I'm gonna complete them, or that I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked up girl who's looking for my own peace of mind." That sounds really 7 to me. :laugh: Plus she's more averse to negative emotion and pain than 4s. And Joel is much more low energy and averse to conflict than 4, he struggles repressing his rage more than he does finding his true identity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 Sp/So and 6w7 Sp/Sx

8w7 Sx/Sp and 8w9 Sx/Sp

1w9 So/Sx and 9w1 Sp/Sx

8w7 Sp/So and 9w1 Sp/Sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 Sx/Sp vs 7w8 So/Sx

8w9 Sx/So and 5w6 Sp/Sx

6w7 Sp/So and 9w1 So/Sx

6w7 Sp/Sx and 4w3 Sx/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w8 Sx/Sp and 8w9 Sp/So

5w6 Sp/Sx and 5w6 Sp/So

3w2 So/Sx and 6w5 Sp/Sx

9w8 Sx/Sp and 1w9 Sp/Sx

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think they both have 4 fixes (4w5 for Joel and 4w3 for Clementine like you said) but aren't actually 4s. I think Joel is 9w1>4w5>6w5 and Clementine is 7w8>4w3>8w7. "Too many guys think that I'm a concept, I'm gonna complete them, or that I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked up girl who's looking for my own peace of mind." That sounds really 7 to me. :laugh: Plus she's more averse to negative emotion and pain than 4s. And Joel is much more low energy and averse to conflict than 4, he struggles repressing his rage more than he does finding his true identity.

yeah, i really identified with her, so i think you're right. but she was a bit too bubbly/light brained for me, i saw her as a classical 7w6. no?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah, i really identified with her, so i think you're right. but she was a bit too bubbly/light brained for me, i saw her as a classical 7w6. no?

I actually originally thought of her as 7w6 and I'm still open to the idea of it (I identified with her a lot too). I don't think she strongly gravitates towards 1 wing or the other which is what I find cool about her. :)