• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The good in Enneagram.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram seems to often be focused on the negative sides - and rightly so - of our psyche, how we fixate on certain things, coping mechanisms, idealistic images etc.

Maybe it's just me being a 4, but it makes it sometimes hard to actually see yourself as anything but broken, striving for an ideal - to surpass your type.

And I was wondering if it was maybe not time to ask people to mirror what it is they like about your type.

So, tell us what type of enneagram you appreciate, would consider your perfect partner, would love to have in your life, whatever. Tell us how you see that type and why they are awesome.

Permabanned
Enneagram seems to often be focused on the negative sides - and rightly so - of our psyche, how we fixate on certain things, coping mechanisms, idealistic images etc.

Maybe it's just me being a 4, but it makes it sometimes hard to actually see yourself as anything but broken, striving for an ideal - to surpass your type.

And I was wondering if it was maybe not time to ask people to mirror what it is they like about your type.

So, tell us what type of enneagram you appreciate, would consider your perfect partner, would love to have in your life, whatever. Tell us how you see that type and why they are awesome.

We're all born broken and lost and alone, unknowingly striving to reunite with The Source.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Personals:

I love my 9w1. He's gentle, responsible, light-hearted, funny, and positive, while also intelligent, knowledgeable, and resourceful. He has a natural way of simultaneously addressing a situation seriously in behavior while making light of it in discourse. He's calm and reasonable, secure in himself but concerned about being good and respectful. He's compassionate, generous, and humble, but a force to be reckoned with when he's angry. He makes everyone feel comfortable and acknowledged, he's open to new information and experience, and he's genuinely interested in rational discussion of improving self and world. He's my trifecta of heart, mind, and soul, and body to boot!

My brother is a 9w8 and shares many of the same qualities in terms of being light-hearted, calm, humble, generous, and rational. He is also solid, active, down-to-earth, no-frills, independent, and diplomatic, tending to moderate situations to keep the peace. He's surprisingly serious and responsible under his surface of go-with-the-flow. He has an excellent sense of humor, occasionally bordering on obnoxious and offensive in a pleasingly relatable way, and always good for a deep belly laugh. He's the best combination of wholesome and irreverent, active and passive, funny and earnest.

My mom is a 2w1. The most generous person I have ever encountered, she continuously pours herself out to everyone around her without drawing attention to herself or making it seem out of the ordinary. She is practical, witty, likeable, energetic, goal-oriented, hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly patient. She's a natural facilitator and has the incredible gift of being able to leverage situations so that everyone gets what they want and everyone leaves happy. She is an embodiment of love, works with the most critically in-need, and still keeps everyone else's lives running smoothly and positively simply by virtue of going about her own life.

My dad is a 5w6. His intellect, rationality, wisdom, and knowledge base are incredible. Ever a tinkerer, his understanding of the world as a holistic system is incredible. He is a rampant gatherer and examiner of information and therefore both reliable and trustworthy. He is a master of the crafts that he dedicates himself to, and it is inspiring to see him demonstrate his expertise. He tends to be reticent and nervous, but he overcomes that to bring his work to the world so that others can benefit from enjoying it and/or live better lives as a result of it. He also has a quiet, sweet, watchful way of continuously monitoring systems to ensure that everyone stays protected.

As a 6w7, I'm questioning, analytical, and solution-seeking. I'm responsible and hard-working, cooperative and protective. I tend to have my external life in good order; I take life seriously and generally make decisions that put myself and my loved ones in healthy, stable positions - though I relish enjoyment and adventure. I try to be an advocate of compassion and meaning.

More broadly:

1w9 - philosophical idealists, the nascent source of growth
1w2 - human manifestation of "be the change you wish to see in the world"
2w1 - the parent and teacher we all need
2w3 - warmly welcoming us to existence, showing the way
3w2 - a positive feedback loop of loving everyone and everyone loving them
3w4 - inspires others to be better just by being themselves
4w3 - how to celebrate being uniquely oneself
4w5 - bastions of originality and self-understanding, deeply existing
5w4 - the iconoclast, challenging and reinventing what it means to be oneself
5w6 - filters for quality and substance, doubly-perceptive insight
6w5 - detectives and defenders, guardians at the fringe
6w7 - true peers, cooperative with and protective of all
7w6 - they enjoy life and others enjoy them
7w8 - trailblazers, entrepreneurs, open humanity to newness
8w7 - embodiment of personal drive and willpower
8w9 - how to be secure and powerful in oneself
9w8 - being at peace with the world while respecting one's own boundaries
9w1 - in communion with the All and enlightened to growth

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I wasn't gonna post here until I had the proper amount of time but I just want to say that this list...damn this list. :wubbie: I think this is a really accurate positive representation of all the e-types in short. I'm saving this for later.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:wubbie: this thread is lovely. The enneagram hurts my feelings lol.

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heh well a system describing neurotic patterns should be negative.
Only beauty is the growth points and whenever you manage to reconnect with the source for fleeting moments.
Personally I'm conviced that the so called enlighenment that spiritual teachings talk about is getting back to the source.

G

garbage

The positive is in the ideal--the set of traits that we can at least approximate when we recognize and transcend our neuroses.

Really, I'd get along well with most any 'healthy' version of each type--no mature versions of any type turn me off.
Of the positive feedback that I receive, this happens to be among the most common.
Heh well a system describing neurotic patterns should be negative.
Only beauty is the growth points and whenever you manage to reconnect with the source for fleeting moments.
Personally I'm conviced that the so called enlighenment that spiritual teachings talk about is getting back to the source.
+1 to this

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps. But it is people's flaws that make them unique. And often are the very things we love about them. Things that those people themselves cringe at and feel self-conscious about.

And it was with that in mind, that this thread was created :)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My perfect partner is one who loves herself for who she is, and uplifts others with her, but also enjoys trance, dancing, and large parties.

I suspect E2, E4, E6, and E8 can fit that bill.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, and every sword has two sides. Health and harm are like most attributes contextual. An enneagram 6 in a dangerous situation is a huge boon. The problem is when we take the 6 out of the danger and they continue to think like it is still present. An enneagram 4's imagination is beautiful and their ability to craft their own identity is inspiring. But when they take it too far and create an identity that is far beyond themself and see themself as failing to live up to it, those skills move from healthy to harmful. There is no reason not to celebrate the good in one's Enneatype as long as one understands that they must be able to let go of the Enneatypical viewpoint to grow healthfully.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Trust skylights to write something so beautiful, haha :)

G

garbage

Perhaps. But it is people's flaws that make them unique. And often are the very things we love about them. Things that those people themselves cringe at and feel self-conscious about.

And it was with that in mind, that this thread was created :)
I originally wrote that this contraposes my own life philosophy so, so much. But now I wonder if I'm simply taking another route to that particular truth.

'Flaws' can be spun into great and wonderful gifts, but only when the person holding them is (a) mature and (b) given opportunities to do so. Opportunities and growth (into maturity) come when one is given the confidence that he needs to view his flaws as gifts. One's given that confidence when he learns to accept himself, which can be facilitated by the love, support, and acceptance from others--such as in this thread.

(My own blind spot is that I don't accept flaws, which is a flaw in and of itself; the gift spun from it perhaps being that it keeps me driven. Mayhaps a product of a 3w4's struggle with reconciling identity, ideal, and image :ohmy:)