• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would happen if we locked all 9 unhealthy enneatypes in a room together?

Alea_iacta_est

If we locked all of the Enneagram types in a room together when they are all at pathological destruction health levels, what would happen and how are they going to stop the grizzly bear from killing them all (yes, type 8s, that's you). Do you think it would just be a slaughter in the room or do you think everyone would ally up against the grizzly.

I personally think that the grizzly is going to kill at least 1,2,3,4,6, and 7 no matter what but then the grizzly would be left scared shitless of the schizophrenic 5 and 9 drawing on the walls with the dead types' blood and muttering about how the end is nigh and that they need a live sacrifice.

Standuble

Type 1 - Criticises everyone in the room. Tries to explain what the others are doing wrong. Becomes concerned that they will become corrupt by succumbing to emotions or by having to use brutal force against the others. After a while they commit suicide.

Type 2 - Disintegrates into eight and becomes a menace of their own. Blames the others for not stopping the eight and for not finding a way of the room. Is stabbed in the back by the three and is killed.

Type 3 - Hates the others for being locked in a room with them. Regards themselves as the only one of the lot to not fall apart. Murders the two in the hope that they can bargain or reason with the eight. Unfortunately they will fall victim to the machinations of the seven.

Type 4 - Becomes introspective and withdrawn, engages in neurotic reflection of one's own failure to escape the room. Considers suicide but is held in check in the event that the locked door swings open. Becomes a stationary target as they ponder their situation and is killed when the eight runs into them.

Type 5 - Begins to freak out internally - the room is too small for them to retreat into their own mind effectively. Fears of death come into their mind and they disintegrate into seven. The eight pounces on the five and tears them limb from limb.

Type 6 - Their analysis of the various dangers and the potential risks causes them to crack under the pressure induced by their own internal issues. Becoming desperate for some sort of security in the heat of the moment they become counterphobic and they attempt to stop the eight.

Type 7 - After not being able to run from this situation they begin to despair. After witnessing the three murder the two they panic and in a moment of impulse (to save their own skin) they kill the three. Losing hope in the situation they charge at the eight from the opposite direction of the six.

Type 8 - Believing themselves invincible and becoming indifferent to justice for the others in the room they go on the rampage. The eight realises that the four and the five are not doing what the eight wants so the eight comes over to tell them who's boss. Giving in to anger, the eight charges at the four and kills them. Turning their attention to the five and still seeing apparent apathy for their strength the eight pounces on and kills the five.

The six and the seven attack the eight from different sides. They both inflict severe injury on the eight but before they can finish the job the eight literally bangs their heads together and they are tossed to the floor. With their energy spent the six takes his own life and the seven lays still as the eight kills him. Once the seven is dead the eight falls to the floor and dies.

Type 9 - Not long after they were all locked in the unhealthy nine became disconnected from reality. They made their way into the corner furthest from the door and sat still there, curled up without movement. Falling catatonic they do not register the furore swallowing up the rest of the room. Eventually the room falls silent as all the others meet their fates. The nine is the sole survivor. Yet they do not realise this and continue to sit there in a catatonic state. Will they realise that they have outlasted the others or will they sit there until they too meet such a fate as the others?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would try to calm everyone down and unify them into cooperation. If that didn't work I would try to restrain or kill the 8. But secretly. I would get everyone who was willing to help me, and we'd do it in their sleep, unless action had to be taken immediately. In which case I'd be ineffective as I don't know how to fight, and would probably hide in the corner like a 9.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Type 4 - Becomes introspective and withdrawn, engages in neurotic reflection of one's own failure to escape the room. Considers suicide but is held in check in the event that the locked door swings open. Becomes a stationary target as they ponder their situation and is killed when the eight runs into them.

emot-golfclap.gif

Very, very good.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does [MENTION=1425]Night[/MENTION] want to have a go at this? I enjoy his vivid stereotypes in similar threads.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
As if to say no one knows self-defense, being able to kill the 8.

Alea_iacta_est

As if to say no one knows self-defense, being able to kill the 8.

I think the problem with killing an unhealthy 8 is that at pathological destruction they start developing anti-social, sadistic, and even masochistic traits. How do you fight something that enjoys pain (I would assume in the form of challenge, they don't love pain because of failure like self-defeaters) and doesn't feel a twinge of remorse for hurting you (and wouldn't stop at nothing to see you break? The other unhealthy types seem to keep basic emotions when they disintegrate while the 8 loses guilt and even love.

ALWAYS BET ON GRIZZLY

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think the problem with killing an unhealthy 8 is that at pathological destruction they start developing anti-social, sadistic, and even masochistic traits. How do you fight something that enjoys pain (I would assume in the form of challenge, they don't love pain because of failure like self-defeaters) and doesn't feel a twinge of remorse for hurting you (and wouldn't stop at nothing to see you break? The other unhealthy types seem to keep basic emotions when they disintegrate while the 8 loses guilt and even love.

ALWAYS BET ON GRIZZLY
Well you could punch them to death despite them enjoying it.

Alea_iacta_est

Very true (assuming all the types possess the same muscular build), a two disintegrating to eight with the same muscular build as an eight (as mentioned by someone above) would probably be able to take down the eight, and the inconsistent and spontaneity of the five and seven could allow them to have a tactical advantage over the eight, who likes predictability. A three at pathological destruction mimics Narcissistic PD and the grandiose self-worth side of anti-social pd, so they could triumph over the eight simply because they blame the eight for being belligerent and making himself, the three, forced to act to stop him, ushering in confidence in being cast into a hero role. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS

But what would happen if we locked 8 pathological destructive enneatypes and 1 enneatype at level of liberation (highest health level)?
Or what if you were locked in the room with 8 pathological destructive enneatypes?

Last edited:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type 9 - Not long after they were all locked in the unhealthy nine became disconnected from reality. They made their way into the corner furthest from the door and sat still there, curled up without movement. Falling catatonic they do not register the furore swallowing up the rest of the room. Eventually the room falls silent as all the others meet their fates. The nine is the sole survivor. Yet they do not realise this and continue to sit there in a catatonic state. Will they realise that they have outlasted the others or will they sit there until they too meet such a fate as the others?

Sounds about right. :D

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am certain the 8 will destroy the others in one way or another.

Except the 4. The 4 will take the 8 down in the end. That's always the way it is--the 8 had Total Annihilation, but the 4 has Glorious Suicide. You get an angry sx4 and, accepting the inevitable, he will kamikaze the 8 who, after all, is more interested in only self-survival.

Everyone knows a 4 is the only thing that can take down an 8.

There will be no survivors.

Alea_iacta_est

I am certain the 8 will destroy the others in one way or another.

Except the 4. The 4 will take the 8 down in the end. That's always the way it is--the 8 had Total Annihilation, but the 4 has Glorious Suicide. You get an angry sx4 and, accepting the inevitable, he will kamikaze the 8 who, after all, is more interested in only self-survival.

Everyone knows a 4 is the only thing that can take down an 8.

There will be no survivors.

I could see that, but I think the 4 would have to survive the other types first and would have to reach the glorious suicide state after all hope is lost (when everyone else is dead except for the 8 which has turned sights on him or her). If the 4 made the decision quickly then possibly, but then you have to account for variables such as the 8's utter rage against the 4's utter martyr complex. The 4 would also have to watch out for the 3's ego-maniacal confidence which would make him or her more determined to defeat the 4 at any cost (including directing the grizzly and the 2 that disintegrated toward the 8 early on).

I think we are underestimating the 9 in this matter as well. Even though the 9 is supposed to drift into a catatonic state at pathological destruction, it also has a chance for multiple personalities to spring up, and if they have a strong 8-fix, you have on your hands a chameleon-type (which can shift due to lack of concrete self) that is incredibly unpredictable. The lack of peace in the room may drive them to create peace (especially a 9w1) by coming to the conclusion that the other 8 types are aggressors to peace, and would have a "man with nothing else to lose" complex, which is extremely dangerous for a pathological destruction level. Or it could be that I'm over-stating the qualities of 9s.

Last edited:

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could see that, but I think the 4 would have to survive the other types first and would have to reach the glorious suicide state after all hope is lost (when everyone else is dead except for the 8 which has turned sights on him or her). If the 4 made the decision quickly then possibly, but then you have to account for variables such as the 8's utter rage against the 4's utter martyr complex. The 4 would also have to watch out for the 3's ego-maniacal confidence which would make him or her more determined to defeat the 4 at any cost (including directing the grizzly and the 2 that disintegrated toward the 4 early on).
Luckily, a 4 shares enough in common with a 3 to understand that dynamic--it could go either way. The 2 disintegration is a thought, but often involves emotional manipulation (rather than "clinging" as most descriptions seem to indicate). Consequently, the 4 could actually manipulate others into doing shit for them, thus eliminating many other contenders in the process. The 4ish martyr complex may or may not be obvious to others but if so, is of course another form of emotional manipulation.

I think we are underestimating the 9 in this matter as well. Even though the 9 is supposed to drift into a catatonic state at pathological destruction, it also has a chance for multiple personalities to spring up, and if they have a strong 8-fix, you have on your hands a chameleon-type (which can shift due to lack of concrete self) that is incredibly unpredictable. The lack of peace in the room may drive them to create peace (especially a 9w1) by coming to the conclusion that the other 8 types are aggressors to peace, and would have a "man with nothing else to lose" complex, which is extremely dangerous for a pathological destruction level. Or it could be that I'm over-stating the qualities of 9s.
It may be that the 9 simply lies there the whole time, and in doing so, is actually the sole survivor. Good thought. (I've seen unhealthy 9s, and they really do "just lie there".)

Alea_iacta_est

Luckily, a 4 shares enough in common with a 3 to understand that dynamic--it could go either way. The 2 disintegration is a thought, but often involves emotional manipulation (rather than "clinging" as most descriptions seem to indicate). Consequently, the 4 could actually manipulate others into doing shit for them, thus eliminating many other contenders in the process. The 4ish martyr complex may or may not be obvious to others but if so, is of course another form of emotional manipulation.

It may be that the 9 simply lies there the whole time, and in doing so, is actually the sole survivor. Good thought. (I've seen unhealthy 9s, and they really do "just lie there".)

What if when all of the other types all killed each other, the Type 9 started getting healthier because of the atmosphere of stability? They would stay in their catatonic state for awhile, and then maybe wake up and say "This isn't so bad." It would be quite comical to open the door and see a level of liberation 9 relaxing with a pile of dead bodies everywhere.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if when all of the other types all killed each other, the Type 9 started getting healthier because of the atmosphere of stability? They would stay in their catatonic state for awhile, and then maybe wake up and say "This isn't so bad." It would be quite comical to open the door and see a level of liberation 9 relaxing with a pile of dead bodies everywhere.

LOOOL!

And a very fitting end.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The 2 would destroy everyone in the room then hang the empty body suits up around the walls so they can always be surrounded by friends.

The further a 9 disintegrates, the less engaged and more withdrawn they become, even when we do get angry it's a flash in the pan and we question our right to feel angry in the first place not long after we explode, we would however out-stubborn everyone else and refuse to be pushed in any direction, like iron, so screw getting everyone else to co-operate they can deal with their own shit, and stay out of our way, our survival skill would be "don't get involved with the dolts that wanna fight".

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the best thread ever.

Type 1 - Criticises everyone in the room. Tries to explain what the others are doing wrong. Becomes concerned that they will become corrupt by succumbing to emotions or by having to use brutal force against the others. After a while they commit suicide.

Type 2 - Disintegrates into eight and becomes a menace of their own. Blames the others for not stopping the eight and for not finding a way of the room. Is stabbed in the back by the three and is killed.

Type 3 - Hates the others for being locked in a room with them. Regards themselves as the only one of the lot to not fall apart. Murders the two in the hope that they can bargain or reason with the eight. Unfortunately they will fall victim to the machinations of the seven.

Type 5 - Begins to freak out internally - the room is too small for them to retreat into their own mind effectively. Fears of death come into their mind and they disintegrate into seven. The eight pounces on the five and tears them limb from limb.

Type 6 - Their analysis of the various dangers and the potential risks causes them to crack under the pressure induced by their own internal issues. Becoming desperate for some sort of security in the heat of the moment they become counterphobic and they attempt to stop the eight.

Type 7 - After not being able to run from this situation they begin to despair. After witnessing the three murder the two they panic and in a moment of impulse (to save their own skin) they kill the three. Losing hope in the situation they charge at the eight from the opposite direction of the six.

Type 8 - Believing themselves invincible and becoming indifferent to justice for the others in the room they go on the rampage. The eight realises that the four and the five are not doing what the eight wants so the eight comes over to tell them who's boss. Giving in to anger, the eight charges at the four and kills them. Turning their attention to the five and still seeing apparent apathy for their strength the eight pounces on and kills the five.

The six and the seven attack the eight from different sides. They both inflict severe injury on the eight but before they can finish the job the eight literally bangs their heads together and they are tossed to the floor. With their energy spent the six takes his own life and the seven lays still as the eight kills him. Once the seven is dead the eight falls to the floor and dies.

Someone needs to make a screenplay of this, right God damn now.