• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anger and Enneagram

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anger done correctly should sufficiently terrify people into fixing things... it should also only be brought down upon the deserving.
^ Agreed.

I have so many types of anger, but so few of them are seen from the outside, because type 1 / self-restraint. I think most people experience my anger as silent fuming, or brief but intense venting*, or, if I'm VERY angry, a blunt and pointed statement - cold, controlled, and furious. This is the card I use to end the fight and force things to change immediately, as in miss fortune's quote. (Weirdly I am known for this at the office.)

I also somewhat relate to OP's description of 4 and 2 anger. Because when my anger has nowhere to go, or I am to blame, it implodes and becomes extremely self-destructive. But that's also not something that people typically see.

*Typical e1 soapbox rant:

My housemate compared me to Oscar the Grouch a few weeks ago, due to the frequency of these small rants, and also because I'm the gruff dad friend who wants to make sure everyone knows how to be self-sufficient and get whatever things done they've been trying to avoid.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Only jumping in because I noticed so few 5's. But.....

I think 5s would experience an endothermic anger, i.e. the cold and calculating anger, they would deem the world as full of antagonists and would seem to shut down emotionally, imploring how to enact their sweet vengeance upon those who had harmed them, instead of quiet and reserved, they would contradict their nature and take every opportunity to deliver a stab of bitter sarcasm, harsh truth, and malice.

Sounds pretty accurate to me. I don't get incredibly angry very easily (though I definitely get annoyed a lot), when I do get angry I always shut down emotionally - like a weird sense of calm where I'm so sure in what I'm about to do or say to retaliate that I kind feel nothing? And while I've never been in a situation where vengeance was something I felt necessary (I'm not really a grudge person either). I suppose cutting ties and never talking to someone or acknowledging their existence again could classify. And I always cut them off after getting the last word.

And on the note of V for Vendetta.......yeah, he is an incredibly pissed off five.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
As an 8, no. I’ve never lost control of my anger. It just sits inside a d makes me ohysical ill.