• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anger and Enneagram

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oooh visuals, fun. This is what 9 anger looks like.

Outward expression:

kanye-blank-stare1.gif

Inward look of 9w1 anger:

tumblr_mcilgzGLBe1qciqd6.gif
tumblr_m5cyybR2Oc1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

tumblr_lp9zvukYU61qjltiq.gif

Inward look of 9w8 anger:

tumblr_me2a7mnWBn1rrbfp8o9_250.gif
tumblr_me2a7mnWBn1rrbfp8o8_250.gif

tumblr_mb8mpsyZTj1ruqdo9.gif

Catin

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That's so funny. The visuals of the 9w1 anger is so me. I actually have some photos of me making that same expression. It's a kind of 'really? are you that ridiculous?' look.

I'm a 9w1 and honestly I hardly ever get angry. I do sometimes briefly but it doesn't last. I can't hold on to anger because I feel I am waisting my time being angry. I have heard about this idea that 9s just don't want to acknowledge their anger and I've thought about it and analyzed my feelings and I really don't feel that way. I may feel dissapointment, hurt, sadness and sometimes frustration and even at times contempt for some people and I guess those could be considered some form of anger but none of it feels like the anger I see in other people. I think sometimes I am driven to make changes and improvements around me that comes from some sort of inner drive that I guess could be considered a low level-anger but it's not really full-fledged anger.

I think many 9s do use passive-agressiveness but I consciously try not to because I think it's self-sabotaging. If I'm not happy with what somebody has done then I will verbalize it in a diplomatic calm way and leave it at that. Unfortunatly I think some people don't take me seriously enough because I don't get pissed off but I just can't work myself up that way.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
holy shit... I didn't realize that so many people suck at doing anger correctly :doh:

if pissed off I apparently exude an aura of anger that makes people run for cover... I can walk angry and make people far larger than I am scurry away with a look. I do not believe in taking out the anger on those who aren't responsible though because there's little point in that... they may get to hear an angry rant, but it's not directed at them. The recipient of the anger gets a rant that's probably spoken only a little slower than an auctioneer speaks and has plenty of hand gestures and body language thrown in. The rant will not last long and neither will the anger. It is expected that the situation will be fixed after that if it can be. I am very rarely let down.

Anger done correctly should sufficiently terrify people into fixing things... it should also only be brought down upon the deserving. Boy am I annoyed when I can't find a deserving recipient and have to just blow off steam by being pissed off at machines or myself :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if I'm in a situation where I'd get in huge trouble for going off on the person I shut down and.cry push me enough though I'll explode

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 7s would also experience an endothermic anger, but unlike the five, they would attempt a passive-aggressive stance along the lines of "You killed my mood, I'm going to make your life hell for the next 48 hours." Their attack would seem to be to make an aggressor as depressed and remorseful as possible. (Need more help on this too, probably got this one completely wrong)

I don't usually feel vengeful anger. Like elfboy said, I can be really direct with my dissatisfaction with things when they piss me off. I take like an address it, solve the problem, and move on approach first. If that doesn't work out, I get more angry and will start getting emotionally charged and leave the situation. Either by shutting down so I can deal with my anger later or by myself or by actually leaving where I'm at. The most I usually give at my breaking point is "F this, I'm done". From there, it's music, fast driving, getting out, and rants to my close family or friends. Typical escapist 7 I suppose.

I have gotten really mad and screamed at a person before. It's rare, but it's usually just raw emotional screaming followed by crying lol.

Alea_iacta_est

I don't usually feel vengeful anger. Like elfboy said, I can be really direct with my dissatisfaction with things when they piss me off. I take like an address it, solve the problem, and move on approach first. If that doesn't work out, I get more angry and will start getting emotionally charged and leave the situation. Either by shutting down so I can deal with my anger later or by myself or by actually leaving where I'm at. The most I usually give at my breaking point is "F this, I'm done". From there, it's music, fast driving, getting out, and rants to my close family or friends. Typical escapist 7 I suppose.

I have gotten really mad and screamed at a person before. It's rare, but it's usually just raw emotional screaming followed by crying lol.

Yeah, I'm thinking that my description for 7 anger was more along the lines of 7w8 anger rather than 7 anger as a whole.

Alea_iacta_est

holy shit... I didn't realize that so many people suck at doing anger correctly :doh:

if pissed off I apparently exude an aura of anger that makes people run for cover... I can walk angry and make people far larger than I am scurry away with a look. I do not believe in taking out the anger on those who aren't responsible though because there's little point in that... they may get to hear an angry rant, but it's not directed at them. The recipient of the anger gets a rant that's probably spoken only a little slower than an auctioneer speaks and has plenty of hand gestures and body language thrown in. The rant will not last long and neither will the anger. It is expected that the situation will be fixed after that if it can be. I am very rarely let down.

Anger done correctly should sufficiently terrify people into fixing things... it should also only be brought down upon the deserving. Boy am I annoyed when I can't find a deserving recipient and have to just blow off steam by being pissed off at machines or myself :laugh:

I get angry like that too, people get really uneasy when they know I'm angry even though I'm not strong, tall, or built. I guess I give off an aura like you said, but I don't rant when I'm angry. What freaks people out is that I don't get explosive when I'm angry, I become emotionally detached and almost numb and even criticizing to anything someone says. I start acting like a computer almost, showing no emotions and not revealing any of my cards. My speech slows down to a methodical pace and is laced with bitter sarcasm and cruel honesty to those around me. My friends have defined it as "sucking all of the life out of the room".

Maybe the reason for the aura is because we are so angry that we give off extreme confidence in our abilities? Or maybe because we are unpredictable.

Catin

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
As a 9 I used to get very unhappy when people were angry. I always wanted to fix things and make everybody better even if it had nothing to do with me. Now, if somebody is angry I don't waste my time trying to appease anybody. I figure the anger is their problem. I know too many people who enjoy being angry and who treat people around them very badly when they are angry. In my opinion if you want keep being angry you can do it alone, I have better things to do than to listen to somebody pump themselves up and be verbally abusive. Most people are not very reasonable when they are angry.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rant and yell and curse if alone

Then I confront the offender in a businesslike manner...though I'm not above blurting out sarcastic remarks if they're just not getting it.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oooh visuals, fun. This is what 9 anger looks like.

Outward expression:

kanye-blank-stare1.gif

Inward look of 9w1 anger:

tumblr_mcilgzGLBe1qciqd6.gif
tumblr_m5cyybR2Oc1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

tumblr_lp9zvukYU61qjltiq.gif

Inward look of 9w8 anger:

tumblr_me2a7mnWBn1rrbfp8o9_250.gif
tumblr_me2a7mnWBn1rrbfp8o8_250.gif

tumblr_mb8mpsyZTj1ruqdo9.gif

Haha I like that. Describes me pretty accurately, except the "inward 9w1" is my outward response, and "inner 9w8" is my inner response.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have no idea what 9 anger is like, if you know, do tell. (Do 9s even get angry?)

They do when Ohio State isn't playing very well and a national championship advance is on the line.

In all seriousness, they do get angry but outbursts are pretty rare. They get hurt far more than they get angry and it seems to manifest into physical symptoms (headaches, upset stomach,inability to sleep). My ENFJ 9 gets like this, but it doesn't happen too often. I'm a 8 and I think - just let it out, babe. You'll feel better. But that never happens, I let him vent and I listen. I'm supportive. I give hugs when things are bad. This is what they need, someone to validate what they feel. They don't want you to come up with a solution for them.

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This discussion is making me reconsider whether I'm more of a 9 than a 5 (I'm probably pretty close to even). I very, very rarely get angry. When I do get angry, I'm just as upset with myself for getting angry as I am with whatever has made me angry.

In all seriousness, they do get angry but outbursts are pretty rare. They get hurt far more than they get angry and it seems to manifest into physical symptoms (headaches, upset stomach,inability to sleep).

Yep, except not so much with the physical symptoms.

The first part resonates with me, but the second part doesn't (yay, there's no one to be angry with :D). I remember last time I was really angry (this pastJuly). I was conducting dress rehearsals for an operetta, and no one was watching me, the tempos were all off, there were mistakes left and right, and everything seemed to be going downhill. It was a very stressful week for me, but really everyone took 3 steps back going into that week, the director kept changing things, and things got to a point where I kind of exploded a little. I raised my voice and was very snarky, and I had to shout at them several times over a couple days, and each time was a little more explosive. I was more critical and less understanding than usual, and I demanded everyone to fully match the expectations I usually only require of myself. Of course, these outbursts were paired with apologies for shouting, and pointing to the stress and the extremely limited time we had to fix things.

I can't remember the last time I got really angry before that.. it was quite possibly a few years before. I get frustrated, but not really angry. I have an innate aversion to anger (and conflict), but it's also philosophical.

Oh, okay, I do get angry at injustices I see in the world, but it's an internal anger that I usually keep to myself. Most of my anger is directed at big things in the world, rather than individuals I know.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Spock is 1w9

Here is a pissed off 5

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Imo, I wouldn't even be angry if 1s, 4s and 5w4s didn't keep constantly annoying me. 1s annoy me with their criticalness, 4s annoy me with their subjectivity and 5w4s annoy me with their subjectivity that they mask as knowledge.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im 845, when I get angry its like the calm before the storm as I try to endure whatever is pissing me off (usually bad drivers, people). Ill usually stew silently, or curse under my breath in traffic. But when I break, so do you.

Last edited: