• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneatype the person above you based on their tastes in music.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]:

6w7>4w5>9w8 sp/sx

Music choices within:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION], there's something so stylishly flamboyant about all of your choices (yet tastefully reserved) that makes me want to say 4w3 sp/sx. 80s new wave seems very 4w3 to me. Tritype wise my guess would be 4w3 5w4 1w9 sp/sx

I entirely agree with this actually. It's likely several of those singers are 4w3.

Beyond music choices, I have considered 4w3 for my type, because I myself can be "stylishly flamboyant", but reading more indepth has solidified to me that I have a 5 wing. Feedback I've gotten from family & friends since I was a child sounds so heavily like Narnanjo's & Maitri's (& other) 5 descriptions, it's humorous. These 5 "issues" have caused me more grief in life than the kind of problems a 3 (or 3 winger) brings on themselves with their fixation. In a practical sense, growth strategies for 5s are generally more useful to me than ones for 3 fixes. Integration for 5 makes more sense for me also, although not as much as 4 integration (which sort of sealed my type when I first started reading up on egram).

My view of wings is the idea that one is "stronger", but that your type is almost like a blend of your wings. When I first read the idea that the fix of each type is like a blend of its wings' fixations, then it really made sense to me.
There's something about this that makes way more sense to me in terms of human psychology, because this makes enneagram something like a, er, spectrum. Fixations are not neat categories in that way; it's sort of akin to hair color or eye color, etc. Anyways, it's hard for me to put it into words, but it's this idea of all the fixations being held by people in varying degrees, and the way they relate back to your core type explains the way they play out in your psychology and visible personality.

So I see all 4s as having obvious elements of 3 & 5 fixations & their traits. I think 4s being image types gets downplayed by people too...

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION]
5w4-9w1-2w1 sx/so
BTW I love the idea!

B

brainheart

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION], yes. I wasn't typing you but rather your music :)

That said, I do see the 4w3 qualities that are in your music in you as well. And I agree that we are a blend of the types surrounding us. I definitely see the three in me at times, too, and it isn't all that pretty. I think part of the four image- especially the 4w5 image- is that we act like we don't care about our image, so I think we're sneaky like that.

What would you say about my songs?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
I'd go with:
4w5-5w6-9w1 so/sp for the music. This music reminds me of a very self-concious, withdrawn social type, and it's a bit too detached to be sx. Modest Mouse & their nervous energy warrants a 6 wing on the head type.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm the analysis here sounds rather deep, can you guys really tell all that from music :eek: ?

B

brainheart

[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
I'd go with:
4w5-5w6-9w1 so/sp for the music. This music reminds me of a very self-concious, withdrawn social type, and it's a bit too detached to be sx. Modest Mouse & their nervous energy warrants a 6 wing on the head type.

There's so much hatred in the lyrics, though. I'm wondering if people type based on music only or if they consider the lyrics as well. I would definitely say I'm drawn to kind of pretty/mellow music but with emotionally intense/harsh/bleak lyrics. I like the contrast, where the dark depths emerge over time vs it being heavy handed or obtrusive.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's so much hatred in the lyrics, though. I'm wondering if people type based on music only or if they consider the lyrics as well. I would definitely say I'm drawn to kind of pretty/mellow music but with emotionally intense/harsh/bleak lyrics. I like the contrast, where the dark depths emerge over time vs it being heavy handed or obtrusive.

I thought the same! Lyrics is definitely very important. And I also love when the lyrics in music are really deep and kind of dark. I especially like it, because I think it's the real art when you take something dark and unpleasent and turn it into real poetry.

S

Stansmith

I think image type has some sort of influence. I can see gut to some extent too.

Sunny Ghost

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]: 4w5-6w7 or 7w6 and 9w? is roughly where I figured I fit in. I'm undecided between 9w1 and 9w8, because I feel like there is an aggressive side to me. And I can't ever decide between 6w7 or 7w6, because sometimes I like to get hyped up. I debated on posting Crystal Castles "Plague" to see how you guy's might place me.

I want to come back later to see how I place everyone else who has posted. I feel like I've given out too many 3's, 4's, 6's, 7's and 9's so far.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think image type has some sort of influence. I can see gut to some extent too.

Not sure about gut, but I definitely agree that there may be some correlation between one's heart type and their taste in music. If you look at mine you can see that they're very love-oriented. Not to say that I only listen to love-oriented music, it's just that when asked to describe my taste in music with only a few songs chances are they'll probably be about love because those are the songs that hold the most meaning to me.

I could see why you think gut fixes too though. Love Today by Mika (posted by the wonderful [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]) sounds a lot like a combo of 2 and 9.

Also, the amount of people that have been getting skipped over in this thread by people posting their own music makes me angry. GIVE AND TAKE PEOPLE.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
As for Indy, I get a 5 feel from that song, but more as a wing, so I'll say 4w5.

Time for 24 minutes of music

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=18818]chaoticbrain[/MENTION] I would say head>gut>heart. 5/6/8/9. Only heart type I could see is 3, but only vaguely. The intricacy of the instrumentals just seems so head-type to me, and the intensity makes me think reactive triad. Then again, I know 5s who listen to very 8ish music... 5w6 or 6w5 / 8w9 or 9w8 / 3w4 would be my guess. Maybe Sp/Sx.