• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can someone with a 1 fix be a criminal or a crooked person?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why would you go straight for the kid though, is this like a one person life boat or are there other people on there and the only one you can overpower is the kid?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been thinking about this for a while. I was watching, "Breaking Bad" the other day and I saw Gus Fring on the show. The character is probably a 6w5 with a 1w9 fix, but yet he is a drug lord? I was thinking though, "Could this happen in real life"? Could someone with a 1 fix become a criminal? If so, then what would it be like for that person? Would they be disgusted with themselves? Seriously what would happen?

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

You may want to check out this thread?

haven't read the thread yet but my guess is that it's in the delusion that what they're doing is actually right and justified.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
because in their mind, they're doing the right thing. being a 1 fixer myself, I would have no qualms doing things like
- throwing a child off of a lifeboat to make room for myself in the event of a sinking ship
- selling/cooking drugs if a criminal record prevented me from getting a real job
- killing someone in self defense
- killing someone for breaking into my house
- killing someone who committed a crime which justified death (for instance, someone who had violently raped a 5 year old girl)
- defending my family by any means necessary

haven't read the thread yet but my guess is that it's in the delusion that what they're doing is actually right and justified.

So then what you guys are saying is that it all depends on what they justify as being morally correct and how they were raised? I guess that this means that a core 1 that was raised incorrectly could easily become a psychopath.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So then what you guys are saying is that it all depends on what they justify as being morally correct and how they were raised? I guess that this means that a core 1 that was raised incorrectly could easily become a psychopath.

well, that's the Fe way of viewing it
I held some pretty fucked up notions of "justice" in the past that were not encouraged in me at all via upbringing or social conditioning

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you go straight for the kid though, is this like a one person life boat or are there other people on there and the only one you can overpower is the kid?

I wouldn't necessarily go for the kid. if anything, I'd avoid the kid (I love children, I'd much rather throw off some old woman who was withering away anyway lol). the kid was used as an example because it illustrates the extreme of what I'm willing to do for the sake of self preservation.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

sure

but what i was really saying was that they could think something to be true that wasn't.

like...i watched a documentary on prisons recently and some guy was doing life for the murder of some guy that some women told him was molesting her daughter.

this guy walks up to the guys truck and shoots him in the face.

he felt it was morally justified at the time. later he found out it wasn't true and this women was just trying to get back at her ex.

i can very much see a type 1 getting riled up at some perceived injustice and acting out against it...even tho...in reality...it may all be bullshit and what's really happening is he's assuming way more than is reasonable.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
well, that's the Fe way of viewing it
I held some pretty fucked up notions of "justice" in the past that were not encouraged in me at all via upbringing or social conditioning

sure

but what i was really saying was that they could think something to be true that wasn't.

like...i watched a documentary on prisons recently and some guy was doing life for the murder of some guy that some women told him was molesting her daughter.

this guy walks up to the guys truck and shoots him in the face.

he felt it was morally justified at the time. later he found out it wasn't true and this women was just trying to get back at her ex.

i can very much see a type 1 getting riled up at some perceived injustice and acting out against it...even tho...in reality...it may all be bullshit and what's really happening is he's assuming way more than is reasonable.

I see. I guess that I just don't get ones.