• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your favorite of each of the triads?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me

head/heart/gut: gut. gut types have the least anxiety and the most authority and control
hornevian style: assertive/Id. the compliant and withdrawn triads are less productive, more self defeating and struggle more with issues of confidence
harmonic style: competency. positive outlook types come across as shallow and naive while reactive types piss me off cuz they test your ass so much
frustration(idealistic)/rejection (power seeking)/relating: frustration. relating types are too bland and power seeking types are too controlling (whether directly like an 8 or prosocially like a 2. 5's power seeking is the most tolerable because it relates to knowledge and resources rather than people.) frustration triaders are interesting because they a subtle, yet romantic idealism about them that adds flavor to their personality.

and, a bit off topic, but just because...
instinctual subtypes: Self Preservation (specifically Sp/Sx). Sp doms have the more realistic view of reality, are the best taking care of practical matters and have the most reasonable focus. you need to be alive to attend to social and sexual needs. the reverse is not always true.

S

Stansmith

Heart, Withdrawn (with Id-wing, or vice-versa), Competency, Frustration, Sexual.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Favorite head/heart/gut: My favorite is head type. They think about shit all day long like myself. My second favorite is probably heart type. I generally can't stand gut types because it seems like they never think about anything.

hornevian style:Assertive types. They tend to be the id types, and I like Id types.

harmonic style:Positive outlook. They tend to bring me up when I'm down.

instinctual subtypes:Sexual types are my personal favorite. They seem to be the most passionate, and the most intimate.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps not exactly an accurate answer, but I generally feel especially comfortable with competency, positive outlook, relating (attachment), and Sp types.

Competency types are relatable as I have a strong personal focus on competence, positive outlook types help stabilize my emotional volatility, attachment types tend to try to preserve things like I do, and Sps are pleasing because they tend to have less "strings attached" - interactions tend to be direct and their resource focus is helpful.

I do not think any of these attributes tends to override overall relations, but particular elements can help smooth things.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favorite head/heart/gut: My favorite is head type. They think about shit all day long like myself. My second favorite is probably heart type. I generally can't stand gut types because it seems like they never think about anything.
hornevian style:Assertive types. They tend to be the id types, and I like Id types.
harmonic style:Positive outlook. They tend to bring me up when I'm down.
instinctual subtypes:Sexual types are my personal favorite. They seem to be the most passionate, and the most intimate.

so a Sexual 7 is your favorite type? :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me

head/heart/gut: gut. gut types have the least anxiety and the most authority and control
hornevian style: assertive/Id. the compliant and withdrawn triads are less productive, more self defeating and struggle more with issues of confidence
harmonic style: competency. positive outlook types come across as shallow and naive while reactive types piss me off cuz they test your ass so much
frustration(idealistic)/rejection (power seeking)/relating: frustration. relating types are too bland and power seeking types are too controlling (whether directly like an 8 or prosocially like a 2. 5's power seeking is the most tolerable because it relates to knowledge and resources rather than people.) frustration triaders are interesting because they a subtle, yet romantic idealism about them that adds flavor to their personality.

and, a bit off topic, but just because...
instinctual subtypes: Self Preservation (specifically Sp/Sx). Sp doms have the more realistic view of reality, are the best taking care of practical matters and have the most reasonable focus. you need to be alive to attend to social and sexual needs. the reverse is not always true.

just fun, I'll do my least favorite too
head/heart/gut: heart. with the exception of 3, they come as needlessly sensitive and useless. fear and anger, on some level at least, make sense to me, but I don't understand the concept of shame at all.
hornevian style: compliant/superego. with the exception of 6 (cuz they can be pretty Id sometimes. [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] for example). too critical, both of self and others and make up all these dumb rules and obligations that only serve to make people's lives more tedious and boring
harmonic style: reactive. they piss me off with their testing and up-in-your-grill-ness
frustration(idealistic)/rejection (power seeking)/relating: rejection/power seeking. too controlling

instinctual variant: Social. don't get me wrong, it's very useful and something I wish I had more of, but the majority of my experiences with it (whether utilizing it myself or observing it) have been mind numbing and frustrating.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
head/heart/gut: Heart.
hornevian style: assertive/Id.
harmonic style: reactive?
frustration(idealistic)/rejection (power seeking)/relating: frustration. more imagination.

instinctual subtypes: Sp

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
head/heart/gut: Heart.
hornevian style: assertive/Id.
harmonic style: reactive?
frustration(idealistic)/rejection (power seeking)/relating: frustration. more imagination.

instinctual subtypes: Sp

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Head, withdrawn, reactive, frustration, SX

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
instinctual variant: Social. don't get me wrong, it's very useful and something I wish I had more of, but the majority of my experiences with it (whether utilizing it myself or observing it) have been mind numbing and frustrating.

This is probably partly due to being so-last as well. There's always a frustration we have with the instinct lowest on our priority list. :laugh: I would say self-pres is my least favorite as well.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is probably partly due to being so-last as well. There's always a frustration we have with the instinct lowest on our priority list. :laugh: I would say self-pres is my least favorite as well.

yeah, there's a discomfort using it like "this is SO fucking tedious!".

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK. I'll go:

head/heart/gut: Head--they have good ideas.
hornevian style: no preference
harmonic style: Reactive, duh. Everyone else just can't face reality.
frustration(idealistic)/rejection (power seeking)/relating: Rejection
instinctual subtypes At first it was sp, mainly for the reasons everyone else has mentioned. It's quickly becoming social, since I seem to have a chronic love-affair with the social realm.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah, there's a discomfort using it like "this is SO fucking tedious!".

That's funny. I wish I could not feel it sometimes.

I have heard my ISFJ voice a similar feeling about Sp. I think he wishes he couldn't feel it all the time so he could just relax. I struggle to bother feeling it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Favorite head/heart/gut: Gut types, followed by heart types. I find head types often to be too detached from what I consider valuable information. Gut types seem to instinctively *know* what to do, without being hot or cold about it, and heart types often hold true to what I consider important parameters.

hornevian style:Assertive types for dealing with objects and obstacles in the world, Withdrawn types for dealing with living beings, bringing them together and progressing as a community. I tend to rub those with a compliant style the wrong way due to my flakiness, though I do very much appreciate their precision and attention to detail, as well as their sense of duty.

harmonic style: This is a hard one. I prefer a fellow reactive so I feel acknowledged in my venting, and a competency person for solving the problem, while the positive outlook one is my favorite when it is a problem without a solution for which acceptance is needed.

instinctual subtypes:Sx-sp for me, closely followed by sp-sx. The sx means they wont mind me taking off my gloves and I get to stretch my legs, while the sp covers my own very big blind spot, making me feel safe.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Same. It can really make you dependent on other people sometimes. :(

Yes... or just very... affected by others. Sometimes I just would like to have my bubble and stay happy in my bubble. I am frustrated by the big world sometimes.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
instinctual subtypes:Sx-sp for me, closely followed by sp-sx. The sx means they wont mind me taking off my gloves and I get to stretch my legs, while the sp covers my own very big blind spot, making me feel safe.

I'm gradually noticing this pattern of sp-lasts having a preference for sx/sps in general. Sx-first keeps things stimulating, exciting, and uninhibited while sp-second grounds us without driving us away from the constant worry over sp-ish needs that's more characterized by sp-first. :thinking: I'd like to know what some sx/sps would consider their favorite stacking to be around.

Yes... or just very... affected by others. Sometimes I just would like to have my bubble and stay happy in my bubble. I am frustrated by the big world sometimes.

Ahh, this especially. Just one careless sentiment thrown out there is enough to make me dwell on it for the whole day and my relationship with that person. It can be pretty melodramatic even if I don't feel like it is. :laugh: