• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The desire for fame: What variants/types/image fixes are responsible for this?

G

Ginkgo

3s, 4s, and 7s.

Instinctual stackings so/sx, sx/so

I think 3s seem like a perfect fit for the limelight. They fluidly move from new public image to the next as the trends change.

4s weave in and out of it, like Johnny Depp. Lower-key iterations of their image appear from time to time, seemingly more erratic.

7s would just soak up fame as a secondary perk, or perhaps a means to an end.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
3w4?

3 = image-fix involving ambition and success.

4= image-fix involving feeling different, special, and wanting to be appreciated.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No idea of what my titype is or how to find that out, but becoming famous for what I do is my biggest ambition, after being happy of course.

Fact is we live in the Attention Economy. And who garners the most attention wins. And it is celebrities who are the winners.

And although we daydream about being celebrities ourselves, we whinge and complain that they are famous for just being famous, they have done nothing to earn fame.

So we pay our celebrities in attention, we pay attention.

And we would love to be paid that much attention ourselves.

BRAVO.

I think being a celebrity would be pretty exciting, and I've noticed most of what people refer to as a downside wouldn't bother me at all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i hate the idea of being famous but think if it just happened by accident somehow that i'd just sort of pretend that i wasn't. you know as a coping mechanism...other peoples attitudes would just have to be on them and i'd know that nothing really changed. i'd get irritated quick with so many people paying attention to me tho...for real.

Mole

Permabanned
No idea of what my titype is or how to find that out, but becoming famous for what I do is my biggest ambition, after being happy of course.

BRAVO.

I think being a celebrity would be pretty exciting, and I've noticed most of what people refer to as a downside wouldn't bother me at all.

In our Attention Economy celebrities are like the robber barons of the 19th century, but instead of stealing our money, the celebrities are stealing our attention.

We can reverse this by paying attention to one another rather than paying attention to celebrities.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In our Attention Economy celebrities are like the robber barons of the 19th century, but instead of stealing our money, the celebrities are stealing our attention.

We can reverse this by paying attention to one another rather than paying attention to celebrities.

Most celebrities have hardly any real power and are just cogs in a big machine, mindless and sterile. I'd hardly compare them to barons.

The media is indeed dedicated since its conception to have our full atention, since attention is energy. The media mogs are best compared to scientist running lab tests. And we are the rats.

A system is best understood from the inside, hence my interest in joining it.

badger055

Permabanned
I sort of want to be famous but the word that fits better is notorious. I'm not vain at all I don't care if people love me. I just want to be a force of nature that makes as big of an impact as possible. I don't care if it's good or bad. I probably owe it to my 4w3 fix and the ego of my 7w8.

Mole

Permabanned
Most celebrities have hardly any real power and are just cogs in a big machine, mindless and sterile. I'd hardly compare them to barons.

The media is indeed dedicated since its conception to have our full atention, since attention is energy. The media mogs are best compared to scientist running lab tests. And we are the rats.

A system is best understood from the inside, hence my interest in joining it.

We have moved from the money economy of the 19th century to the attention economy of the 21st century.

And the money economy, at least in civilized countries like Oz, is regulated and competitive, but the attention economy is yet to be regulated and is ruled by monopoly.

We are dazzled by the attention economy and dream of making it big like a celebrity, forgetting that the attention we pay a celebrity is stolen form those around us.

Ultimately it is a moral issue.

And how pathetic are the immoral dreamers, dreaming of celebrity.

á´…eparted

passages
I think any type could have the desire for fame, though some would be more likely than others. I'd think that 3's would be the most desiring of it.

I don't want to be famous. However I do not want to be unknown. If I am invisible or not well regarded in work, school, family, social circles, etc. I feel really terrible about myself. I have to be noticed/remembered at a certain level to be happy. There is a good chunk of me that tries really hard to be "the best".

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just want to hang out with famous people. I actually know this guy and we're friends who is a dancer for pop/hip hop stars' concerts. and my brother's friend works on shows out in LA. (I don't know what he does), But i don't want to ask if I can meet x? because I don't want to be one of those people.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
We used to say, I just want to hang out with rich people, but now we say, we just want to hang out with famous people.

yeah so? I just know they'd think I was awesome.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Rich people hang out with rich people; and famous people hang out with famous people.

you're wrong, I'm just awesome it doesn't matter what my status is. people will want to hang out with me

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have moved from the money economy of the 19th century to the attention economy of the 21st century.

And the money economy, at least in civilized countries like Oz, is regulated and competitive, but the attention economy is yet to be regulated and is ruled by monopoly.

We are dazzled by the attention economy and dream of making it big like a celebrity, forgetting that the attention we pay a celebrity is stolen form those around us.

Ultimately it is a moral issue.

And how pathetic are the immoral dreamers, dreaming of celebrity.

As prettily as you worded it, it's still a run to ground subject where you offer no new angle of discussion or personal insight. Everthing has been said before and better.

I hardly see it as a moral issue, but then again according to you I'm a pathetic immoral dreamer.

It's funny to see someone so far up in their high horse being active in a forum like this. A lot of what happens here is narcissism masked as self searching.