• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The desire for fame: What variants/types/image fixes are responsible for this?

S

Stansmith

2w3 or 2w1?

I won't feel like I'm famous until I start having my name and picture on tv or on magazines.

Why not 2w3 fixes?

They always seem kind of earthy and family oriented. Maybe they'd chase after fame in order to be "role models" for young girls or something to that effect.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
They always seem kind of earthy and family oriented. Maybe they'd chase after fame in order to be "role models" for young girls or whatever.

But they want to be liked by everyone. What better way to be liked by everyone then to be famous for something?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only times I considered the perks of being famous would be when I would think about interviews. I would get to talk about myself, my beliefs and ideas about the world, spread my words of wisdom among the people, etc. That, and meeting Kelly Clarkson so I could thank her for how much she's indirectly made an impact on my life.

Oh, and when I'm alone dancing in my room to music I pretend I'm singing to an audience. I'm not talented musically or anything but I think it'd be so much fun to go on stage, do your own thing, and get applauded for it.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The only times I considered the perks of being famous would be when I would think about interviews. I would get to talk about myself, my beliefs and ideas about the world, spread my words of wisdom among the people, etc. That, and meeting Kelly Clarkson so I could thank her for how much she's indirectly made an impact on my life.

Oh, and when I'm alone dancing in my room to music I pretend I'm singing to an audience. I'm not talented musically or anything but I think it'd be so much fun to go on stage, do your own thing, and get applauded for it.

So then it doesn't mean that much to you then? Wouldn't it be like the ultimate confirmation for you that everyone now liked you, if you saw your name and picture on magazines, and other advirtisements?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No thanks, Jeff. I don't even like having my picture on here.

Myself either. Anonymity can be power and freedom.

But they want to be liked by everyone. What better way to be liked by everyone then to be famous for something?

Definitely better ways, primarily being warm and non-threatening, and by becoming known for a positive contribution to the world as a whole.

Fame seems to amplify feelings about people, but does not necessarily improve them. It's sort of like YouTube videos with higher amounts of views - they tend to get more dislikes, too. And also people arguing in the comments.

The only way I really see fame pleasing the 2w3 part of me would be that I could have enough influence to be able to make a difference in humanitarian efforts. But if that's my goal, I might as well just go directly into a humanitarian career.

Of course others' mileages may vary.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fame seems to amplify feelings about people, but does not necessarily improve them. It's sort of like YouTube videos with higher amounts of views - they tend to get more dislikes, too. And also people arguing in the comments.
This. Too many people with a line to me. Too many who would know my name and face without my seeing theirs and pushing their personalities, feedback, emotional inputs, conflicts, requests and needs toward me. The stress would kill my productivity because to go to my creative place, I need to be able to clear all of the people and all of the feelings with external sources out of my head. Fame requires extraordinarily strong inner boundaries to survive. That's why it's notorious for ruining people. I don't have those yet. Maybe someday when I can maintain my space inside at will without having to use literal space.

That said, anonymity while my work still reaches everybody would help tremendously. That would be desirable. I've always wanted that, actually.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So then it doesn't mean that much to you then? Wouldn't it be like the ultimate confirmation for you that everyone now liked you, if you saw your name and picture on magazines, and other advirtisements?

I don't really care whether people I don't know on a personal level like me or not.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]
Myself either. Anonymity can be power and freedom.

Not for me. I feel like I have accomplished nothing and no one knows who I am, so therefore I feel like a failure in life.

Definitely better ways, primarily being warm and non-threatening, and by becoming known for a positive contribution to the world as a whole.

The only way I really see fame pleasing the 2w3 part of me would be that I could have enough influence to be able to make a difference in humanitarian efforts. But if that's my goal, I might as well just go directly into a humanitarian career.

Of course others' mileages may vary.

I don't want to be seen as non-threatening. In fact, I really wouldn't mind if people feared me. Also, I wouldn't really care if I was seen as contributing positively to the world. I just want to be known for accomplishing a great deal. Also, I'm noticing that the social doms want to be in good favor with everyone. However, I'm noticing that the SX doms like to be either strongly loved or hated. I definitely love to be loved and hated, I'm not gonna lie.
[MENTION=17945]Misty[/MENTION]

This. Too many people with a line to me. Too many who would know my name and face without my seeing theirs and pushing their personalities, feedback, emotional inputs, conflicts, requests and needs toward me. The stress would kill my productivity because to go to my creative place, I need to be able to clear all of the people and all of the feelings with external sources out of my head. Fame requires extraordinarily strong inner boundaries to survive. That's why it's notorious for ruining people. I don't have those yet. Maybe someday when I can maintain my space inside at will without having to use literal space.

That said, anonymity while my work still reaches everybody would help tremendously. That would be desirable. I've always wanted that, actually.

I think that I could deal with all of these drawbacks of fame. Personally, I think that I would enjoy them as well.
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

I don't really care whether people I don't know on a personal level like me or not.

Interesting. Are most 2w3's like this as well?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting. Are most 2w3's like this as well?

I wouldn't know, because I might not be 2w3. :) Theoretically maybe since 2's basic desire is to be loved and being loved by people you don't know is such a shallow form of love. I require more depth when I'm loved by someone.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't know, because I might not be 2w3. :) Theoretically maybe since 2's basic desire is to be loved and being loved by people you don't know is such a shallow form of love. I require more depth when I'm loved by someone.

I see.

S

Stansmith

Not sure whether you've mentioned it already ITT, but whats your Image fix? [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not sure whether you've mentioned it already ITT, but whats your Image fix? [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

TGO is a 3. I forget whether he's 3w4 or 3w2 but I see the latter for him. :whistling:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Yeah you guessed it right. I considered a 2w3 fix for a while. However, I realized that I don't want to just be liked. No, instead I want to be praised and respected for my accomplishments. Also, I don't care if some people hate me, just as long as people know that I have accomplished a great deal.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah you guessed it right. I considered a 2w3 fix for a while. However, I realized that I don't want to just be liked. No, instead I want to be praised and respected for my accomplishments. Also, I don't care if some people hate me, just as long as people know that I have accomplished a great deal.

I agree with your self-assessment as 3w2. You're also big on impressing your partner with your appearance than concerned with just the seducing in the first place as well. Do you think 3 is linked to a desire for fame since one of 3's key motivations is to impress others?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I agree with your self-assessment as 3w2. You're also big on impressing your partner with your appearance than concerned with just the seducing in the first place as well. Do you think 3 is linked to a desire for fame since one of 3's key motivations is to impress others?

Yeah I think that the 3 fix definitely has something to do with it. I just wonder if I am really social last?

S

Stansmith

Yeah I think that the 3 fix definitely has something to do with it. I just wonder if I am really social last?

Kanye West is a social-last 6 and he exemplifies what you describe. It's likely the 3-connection and the fix, although obviously, I don't know you that well.

S

Stansmith

As a 3w4-fixer, I wouldn't mind the lowkey fame/irrelevancy of a writer or film director (not your huge, blockbuster types). I don't need to be noticed on the street as long as I'm making decent money, enjoying myself, and I'm relatively important to some niche group that won't get all fan-girly on me. I could lead a relatively normal life and still feel somewhat famous.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
3w4, 4w3, sx/so or so/sx....apparently being a sx/so 6w7 gives some of us some similarities to 4w3 in that vein.

I have never wanted the real kind of fame that comes with paparazzi stalking you, but I have been on stage or making myself secretly visible to some one since I was about 3.

At the very least you must know the story of my epic personal journey, lest I die leaving little else behind.

I know a 9w1 sx/so who also seems to seek notoriety in a more covert but still apparent way. I do think 4w3 may be his heart fix... "haters make me famous" is such a 4w3 thing to say, being famous for your flaws, freakish quality or uniqueness.

But I do think sx/so or so/sx has some thing to do with it.

Remember too though that Gen Y is a generation who all collectively crave to be publicly recognized in a probably unhealthy and borderline narcissistic way.