• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The desire for fame: What variants/types/image fixes are responsible for this?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Many people long to be famous. However, if a person longed for fame, what enneagram variants do you think that this would be associated with? Generally I've seen a desire for fame generally associated with people with a social variant. Also I'm sure that certain image fixes could be associated with this as well. I've found that the number one image fix that wants to be famous is 3w2. After all, the 3w2 seems to naturally want the admiration and praise from others for their accomplishments. Also, I could see someone with a strong 2w3 fix wanting this as well. The 2w3 seems to naturally just want everyone to love them in general, so it would seem like fame would be a 2w3 fixer's wet dream. Also, I could see someone with a 4w3 fix wanting fame as well. After all, people with a 4w3 fix tend to naturally want to be flamboyant and stand out, so I could see fame being appeasing to them as well. Hell, I could even see someone with a 3w4 fix wanting fame; 3w4 doesn't need the praise and admiration of others for their accomplishments like a 3w2, but they still like to feel like they are in the upper crust of society and like they are superior to everyone else. However, I can't really see someone with a 4w5 or 2w1 fix wanting fame though.

So my question is, what variants/image fixes/types do you think would be responsible for desiring fame? Also, do you think that a social last person with a 3w2 fix for example could also strongly desire fame?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
i think social 4's are very prone to wanting fame no matter the wing, i do tend to play with the idea of 'taking revenge' on everyone who never takes notice of me through fame and accomplishment (and sometimes suicide), maybe in a slightly different way though. not in your average i'm-everywhere-kind of fame, not as a fad, but as let's say, JK Rowling or Morrissey. i do like writing.

Standuble

That's not an easy question to answer as many groups would convince themselves they want fame when in fact they only want a few things that come in the package: whether its money/financial security, a desire to feel significant, a desire to feel like they're giving something to the world, creating some sort of legacy for themselves, a desire to open up further opportunities for themselves etc. However when they achieve fame they realise they did not want fame as a standalone entity that much after all. I would see this as more of an individual flaw and more common in people of unhealthy levels.

If fame was what they wanted I would agree with 3w2 though all instinct variants. Fame has many benefits which could entice each variant.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
i think social 4's are very prone to wanting fame no matter the wing, i do tend to play with the idea of 'taking revenge' on everyone who never takes notice of me through fame and accomplishment (and sometimes suicide), maybe in a slightly different way though. not in your average i'm-everywhere-kind of fame, not as a fad, but as let's say, JK Rowling or Morrissey. i do like writing.

So are you telling me that you try to get attention through suicide attempts? Also how can you stick out and get fame being a double-withdrawn type? That seems like a recipe for failure.

That's not an easy question to answer as many groups would convince themselves they want fame when in fact they only want a few things that come in the package: whether its money/financial security, a desire to feel significant, a desire to feel like they're giving something to the world, creating some sort of legacy for themselves, a desire to open up further opportunities for themselves etc. However when they achieve fame they realise they did not want fame as a standalone entity that much after all. I would see this as more of an individual flaw and more common in people of unhealthy levels.

If fame was what they wanted I would agree with 3w2 though all instinct variants. Fame has many benefits which could entice each variant.

This is a very interesting take on the situation.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
So are you telling me that you try to get attention through suicide attempts? Also how can you stick out and get fame being a double-withdrawn type? That seems like a recipe for failure.
no, if you read my first post well it's written very clearly that i just play with the thought of it sometimes, i've never attempted suicide, but everyone would suddenly care about me if i died, when i'm alive they don't. i think withdrawn and unloved types are very prone to reach fame, there's more motivation and drive in us generally, we want to get out of here. just look at every author ever basically, you don't have to be some extroverted charisma god. i think what you don't realize is that social 4's always dream of a glamorous lifestyle, they just don't know how to approach it, how to get it, how to take part. they have a huge tendency to romanticize and wish for fame. but that doesn't mean they'll do anything for attention, remember the core of a 4: authenticity.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many people long to be famous. However, if a person longed for fame, what enneagram variants do you think that this would be associated with? Generally I've seen a desire for fame generally associated with people with a social variant. Also I'm sure that certain image fixes could be associated with this as well. I've found that the number one image fix that wants to be famous is 3w2. After all, the 3w2 seems to naturally want the admiration and praise from others for their accomplishments. Also, I could see someone with a strong 2w3 fix wanting this as well. The 2w3 seems to naturally just want everyone to love them in general, so it would seem like fame would be a 2w3 fixer's wet dream. Also, I could see someone with a 4w3 fix wanting fame as well. After all, people with a 4w3 fix tend to naturally want to be flamboyant and stand out, so I could see fame being appeasing to them as well. Hell, I could even see someone with a 3w4 fix wanting fame; 3w4 doesn't need the praise and admiration of others for their accomplishments like a 3w2, but they still like to feel like they are in the upper crust of society and like they are superior to everyone else. However, I can't really see someone with a 4w5 or 2w1 fix wanting fame though.

So my question is, what variants/image fixes/types do you think would be responsible for desiring fame? Also, do you think that a social last person with a 3w2 fix for example could also strongly desire fame?

I desire fame as a form of validation…
To be studied and admired for centuries is my wish…

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The same here as [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] ... I want to be admired, appreciated and remembered long after my death. I want to bring a uniqe message, that would be characteristic just for me so people would remember who I am. I am a 4w3 so/sp . I thik 3 wing and social variant is responsible for this in my case.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just my personal feelings... I'm social-first with a 2w3 fix... I don't have any desire for lasting fame. I'd like to have enough money to live comfortably, to travel often, and to support a family with some accoutrements; I'd like to be well-respected and successful in my career; I'd like to be liked by people in general. I'd be very pleased to be recognized for an accomplishment. But fame in general... it's not long-lasting or widespread in the big picture. And it has so many downsides... in particular that people tend to have very polarized opinions of you when you're famous, and I'd much rather people just lukewarm-like me than love or hate me. I don't feel like 99.9% of people know me well enough to merit love or hate.

In general I'd much rather live a happy life in my little sphere, doing my small part helping to create a better big world. I like to be in the loop, but I don't really want to be the focus of the loop. Maybe just every so often for a good thing I've done.

I also think @Standuble's point was really good, about people wanting certain facets of it and really focusing on those and not others.

Incidentally, I notice there are now three So/Sps in this thread who have voiced desiring fame and I have two So/Sp friends IRL who I know do as well. I do not know if that is really a pattern or not but it did catch my eye.

W

WALMART

Fame would be a complete fluke for me. I would blow my brains out if I got famous, undoubtedly from a fog of hazy drug-induced paranoia. As skylights said, fame (should the opportunity arise) would be explicitly to establish funds to withdraw from the world.

ISTP 9w8 sx/sp (maybe sp/sx)

I think Ne + heart triad + So is a good place to look.

Lightyear

I would never ever want to be famous. Yuck. I would be the kind of person who would get incredibly annoyed by strangers invading my personal space and would just want to tell them to fuck off.

I think 9s in general are not prone to being fame-hungry (a pattern that I have seen in 9 actors, they don't tend to be in the business for the glory) We are quite content staying in the background and we don't have some great need to be special or to get attention. That we appear unimpressive also makes people often underestimate us which can be very helpful in making things happen behind the scenes without people interfering.

Obviously I am sp-first, so-first 9s might have a bit of a different view.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6 sx/so here, and I think that being famous would completely ruin me. I think it has a lot to do with the "ungrounded and anxious" nature that's often described and that I definitely relate to. Also, the tendency not to guard myself and to get fully wrapped up in wherever I'm at makes me scared that I would get taken advantage of, lose sight of myself, and wind up too far down a road I never wanted to be on. In short, I just don't think I'm strong and grounded enough in myself to stand up to it.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
no, if you read my first post well it's written very clearly that i just play with the thought of it sometimes, i've never attempted suicide, but everyone would suddenly care about me if i died, when i'm alive they don't. i think withdrawn and unloved types are very prone to reach fame, there's more motivation and drive in us generally, we want to get out of here. just look at every author ever basically, you don't have to be some extroverted charisma god. i think what you don't realize is that social 4's always dream of a glamorous lifestyle, they just don't know how to approach it, how to get it, how to take part. they have a huge tendency to romanticize and wish for fame. but that doesn't mean they'll do anything for attention, remember the core of a 4: authenticity.

No, it's not very clearly written. If one were to read that post, they would assume that you often play with the idea of suicide in order to get attention.

Also, I don't understand your logic? Why would you consider dying just to get fame? What's the point? I mean, you're dead so you can't enjoy the fame. Also, because you haven't really accomplished that much (that I can see), people would care about your death for a while and then you would be forgotten. Really, what's the point?

I desire fame as a form of validation…
To be studied and admired for centuries is my wish…

This is basically how I feel as well. I want my name to go down in the history books, I want to be admired for ages, but I also want everyone to know who I am when I'm alive. I want to be a prestigious bastard and I want to be an all-around household name.

The same here as [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] ... I want to be admired, appreciated and remembered long after my death. I want to bring a uniqe message, that would be characteristic just for me so people would remember who I am. I am a 4w3 so/sp . I thik 3 wing and social variant is responsible for this in my case.

This is how I am as well. This thread is really making me feel like I'm not social last.

Just my personal feelings... I'm social-first with a 2w3 fix... I don't have any desire for lasting fame. I'd like to have enough money to live comfortably, to travel often, and to support a family with some accoutrements; I'd like to be well-respected and successful in my career; I'd like to be liked by people in general. I'd be very pleased to be recognized for an accomplishment. But fame in general... it's not long-lasting or widespread in the big picture. And it has so many downsides... in particular that people tend to have very polarized opinions of you when you're famous, and I'd much rather people just lukewarm-like me than love or hate me. I don't feel like 99.9% of people know me well enough to merit love or hate.

In general I'd much rather live a happy life in my little sphere, doing my small part helping to create a better big world. I like to be in the loop, but I don't really want to be the focus of the loop. Maybe just every so often for a good thing I've done.

I also think @Standuble's point was really good, about people wanting certain facets of it and really focusing on those and not others.

Incidentally, I notice there are now three So/Sps in this thread who have voiced desiring fame and I have two So/Sp friends IRL who I know do as well. I do not know if that is really a pattern or not but it did catch my eye.

1. I want people to have polarized opinions of me. My mindset is, if I am either loved or hated to the extreme, then I am successful. After all, if everyone either loves or hates me, then that means everyone knows who I am, and that brings a smile to my face. If everyone just has a mediocre opinion of me then I feel like I have failed at life.

2. I don't think that I'm so/sp though, because after all, what so/sp wants people to have such strong opinions on them of either love or hate? The so/sp people tend to want to play the political game from what I've seen, and wants to be able to use everyone as an ally. However, I see your point and this thread is really making me think that I'm not social last.

Fame would be a complete fluke for me. I would blow my brains out if I got famous, undoubtedly from a fog of hazy drug-induced paranoia. As skylights said, fame (should the opportunity arise) would be explicitly to establish funds to withdraw from the world.

ISTP 9w8 sx/sp (maybe sp/sx)

I think Ne + heart triad + So is a good place to look.

I'm tending to notice this pattern though: I'm noticing that the social last types don't like fame. In fact it seems like their worst nightmare! It seems like the social lasts just dream of a comfortable, secluded lifestyle, where they just live happy, with plenty of money with their lover. Is this true.

I would never ever want to be famous. Yuck. I would be the kind of person who would get incredibly annoyed by strangers invading my personal space and would just want to tell them to fuck off.

I think 9s in general are not prone to being fame-hungry (a pattern that I have seen in 9 actors, they don't tend to be in the business for the glory) We are quite content staying in the background and we don't have some great need to be special or to get attention. That we appear unimpressive also makes people often underestimate us which can be very helpful in making things happen behind the scenes without people interfering.

Obviously I am sp-first, so-first 9s might have a bit of a different view.

This doesn't make sense to me though? Why do 9's want to live in the background? Why do you folks want to be invisible, so to say? If you don't have oodles of money and people screaming your name then how do you know that you are successful?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
7w6 sx/so here, and I think that being famous would completely ruin me. I think it has a lot to do with the "ungrounded and anxious" nature that's often described and that I definitely relate to. Also, the tendency not to guard myself and to get fully wrapped up in wherever I'm at makes me scared that I would get taken advantage of, lose sight of myself, and wind up too far down a road I never wanted to be on. In short, I just don't think I'm strong and grounded enough in myself to stand up to it.

Interesting. What is your heart fix just out of curiosity?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I feel like I am famous. I just don't experience all the negative things that go along with having real fame.