• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What instinctual variant type do you have the most natural chemistry with?

S

Stansmith

And whats your instinctual variant?

I think most of my friendships/relationships through highschool were with other Sx/SPs and other So/Sx's, with a couple of So/SPs sprinkled in. Sx/Sp and So/Sx are literally the only types I can have substantial, long-lasting chemistry with; my relationships with So/Sx's have been a bit more casual/incidental, while my relationships with Sx/Sp's have more 'umph' to them, even the briefest ones. I had a weirdly intense and brief best-friendship with an Sx/So, but that blew up in my face after a couple months.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know like maybe two people's instinctual variants. That's it.

So I have no idea.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Other sx-doms and sp/sx's. Anyone else just doesn't feel present enough for the interaction to fully engage me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
other Sx/Sps and So/Sx (when they're not being flaky, cocky teasing mother fuckerz)

as friends: yin types (Sp/Sx, Sx/Sp and So/Sx)

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Most of my friends tend to be sx/sp or sx/so with the occasional sp/so. I'm sp/sx.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Romantic chemistry with sx/sp.

Friendly chemistry with so/sx.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Romantic - sx/so's

Friend - sp/sx's

me sp/sx

I see the pattern of me getting along with anyone that's sx dom

and not getting along with so doms.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SP/SO/SX here.

I seem to gravitate towards the two SX middle variants: SP/SX/SO and SO/SX/SP

The SX firsts seem too intense for me and the SX lasts not intense enough. I get along for the most part with other SP/SO/SX and with SO/SP/SX but there isn't as much spark.

B

brainheart

Romantic chemistry with sx/sp.

Friendly chemistry with so/sx.

Interesting. I'm the opposite. And I'm going to agree with [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] on the OP, except sp/sx is the one that blows up.

I do have friends of other stackings, obviously. They just don't seem to matter as much to me.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting. I'm the opposite.

sx/sp + so/sx = match made in heaven? I think yes. :newwink:

I could actually see it in all seriousness. Secondary sx can bring the intensity sx/sp needs (at least when they're alone anyway) while secondary sp can bring that grounding and physical/financial concern that so/sx needs to, you know, actually survive. But the sp isn't as emphasized to the point where it annoys/bores sp-last like in sp-doms. And sx isn't as emphasized to the point where both partners are worrying over intensity, leading the relationship into a minefield, while so-first keeps attending to making the relationship strong and firm. Something along those lines anyway.

S

Stansmith

I could actually see it in all seriousness. Secondary sx can bring the intensity sx/sp needs (at least when they're alone anyway) while secondary sp can bring that grounding and physical/financial concern that so/sx needs to, you know, actually survive. But the sp isn't as emphasized to the point where it annoys/bores sp-last like in sp-doms. And sx isn't as emphasized to the point where both partners are worrying over intensity, leading the relationship into a minefield, while so-first keeps attending to making the relationship strong and firm. Something along those lines anyway.

I find Sx/SPs to be incredibly receptive listeners and stable, consistent friends once you're in their 'zone' (even if they don't make contact first).

B

brainheart

Yeah. It's a good combo. I agree with what you say. Speaking as a social last, the social first can be tough to take at times, and I know my so/sx husband would say my social last is tough to take at times for him, too. I'm actually not great about the financial aspect (not awful though either). I think that gets emphasized too universally in self pres descriptions. But I do make sure we stay healthy and that he honors his personal needs. And he makes sure I don't become too closed off from the world. And we both understand each other's need for passion, be it in our interests or with each other.

So yes. It makes for a good balance. And there's enough difference to keep it interesting and dynamic, which both of these types I think need (I know I do.)

I find Sx/SPs to be incredibly receptive listeners and stable, consistent friends once you're in their 'zone' (even if they don't make contact first).

Yeah, we're awesome. :)

No, it is true, though. When a sx/sp is in a good relationship, be it platonic or romantic, we can actually be quite consistent, easy, and good to be around. It's only when things get wobbly that we lose our shit.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I tend to have the most romantic chemistry with sx/so types, followed by sx/sp, followed by so/sx, and finally sp/sx. I have tried really hard to have romantic chemistry with sx last types, and it fails miserably every time. There doesn't tend to be a pattern to the friendships that I have though. I tend to have friends of all variant types.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
And whats your instinctual variant?

I think most of my friendships/relationships through highschool were with other Sx/SPs and other So/Sx's, with a couple of So/SPs sprinkled in. Sx/Sp and So/Sx are literally the only types I can have substantial, long-lasting chemistry with; my relationships with So/Sx's have been a bit more casual/incidental, while my relationships with Sx/Sp's have more 'umph' to them, even the briefest ones. I had a weirdly intense and brief best-friendship with an Sx/So, but that blew up in my face after a couple months.

Goddam you are prolific on here.

I know like maybe two people's instinctual variants. That's it.

So I have no idea.

Yeah, honestly, I couldn't tell you most of my friends' instinctual variants.

I don't spend much time thinking about it, and, even when I do, I'm usually not quite sure.

Other sx-doms and sp/sx's. Anyone else just doesn't feel present enough for the interaction to fully engage me.

But, that being said, something like this, actually.

I don't think I could be in a relationship with a non-sx-dom, and, if I were, it would probably have to be with an sx secondary.

I could see myself working with an so/sx, possibly better than sp/sx, who feel to cloistered and withdrawn and intimacy-afraid for me.

I think either sx/sp or sx/so could work for me: sx/so scares me a bit, as double-sp-last can be more than a bit non-practical.

Who in that relationship is going to clean the dishes and make dinner?

Also, it's just so damn intense... don't know if it's sustainable.

So sx/sp or so/sx would probably be best for relationships.

But back to the original question:

Immediate chemistry is probably actually best with sx/so, but, as I said, practicality/sustainability would probably be an issue.

I'm assuming sx lasts would be too uninterested/unaware about/bad at intimacy that I'd feel alone in the relationship.

(all that being said, I'm basically willing to try with any type, cuz my data set isn't large enough to know for sure)