• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's at your core?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
As some of you already know, I've recently started studying enneagrams. I believe I have only scratched the surface, but one of the things that I keep seeing is the term "core." Several of the sites I've been to talk about how a person's enneagram is who they are at their "core"...so, that led me to asking myself some questions:

1. What do I really want out of life?

2. What, if anything, do I fear?

3. How do I want others to perceive me?

4. How important is other people's expectations of me?

5. If money were not an obstacle what would I do with my life? What's my bliss?

I want to ask others on the forum the same questions. Maybe they will be of benefit to you, maybe not. If nothing else, perhaps it will provide a decent conversation. I would like to hear your answers.

1. I've been thinking a lot about what I really want out of life.

What I ultimately want out of life is to maintain my center [peace] and to follow my bliss. Or simply put I want to remain true to my internal self and walk my life's journey in peace. I want to be like a hawk. A hawk doesn't need anybody to tell him he's a hawk. He doesn't even care if he has a label. He just does what he does because he is what he is. He doesn't have to try to act like a hawk or to be a hawk. He just is one and everything he does flows out of what he is. I want everything I do to flow out of what I am. I just want to be what I'm created to be and in the being, I am at peace with that and because I'm at peace with that, it doesn't matter what anyone says about me...because, I'm oblivious to it. It doesn't change anything. Their truth doesn't define my existence. So, in a nutshell...at my core my most basic need is just "to be" and that brings me peace.

2. What do I fear? Ultimately...nothing. I don't think I fear anything. I'm not saying that some things wouldn't "hurt". I'm only saying that I have no one great fear. I don't fear being alone. I don't fear looking bad in front of people. I don't fear...anything, really.

3. How do I want others to perceive me?

I don't know. I never really thought about it. I want them to perceive me as...a peacemaker. I can think of no higher compliment. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." As merciful and kind, as fair and loving, possessing integrity. I want to have a pure heart and to honestly seek the good of others as well as myself.

4. How important is other people's expectations of me?

Not very. What matters most to me is that I remain true to the spiritual principles that I believe. To me what I believe about me determines the quality of my life, not what someone else believes about me. And if I don't remain true to what I am, then my life and the lives of those around me will be out of balance.

5. If money was not an obstacle what would I do with my life? What's my bliss? Haha...I think if money were not an option, I'd quit work tomorrow, establish school for the arts in the Appalachian mountains, write, teach martial arts, paint, play my guitar, spend time with people I love and go wherever and do whatever my spirit felt like doing. That is, if money were not an obstacle.