• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Do I Have a 7-Fix?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
before I reply to Starry... [MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION]
apologies in advance for derailing your thread. I'll try to wrap this up quickly. please let me know if you have any questions. :)

I think you make valuable contributions to this forum (I loved that weirdo towel photo thread you created - I laughed so much at the responses)...and in this case speaking specifically regarding typing...even when I disagree with you. You take risks that I admire and I feel like I've told you that before. This isn't about questioning your credibility to type (you were the one that did that to me)... this is about questioning your concept of whatever type you believe you are at the time...And I know I'm not the first...or the last person to do this.
the bottom line is, like I said, Enneagram is all about pathological neurosis and weaknesses. I type at 7 because I read the Naranjo description and was like "what the? I'm not like.....oh, dammit. that's me :( "
you haven't seen me really unhealthy. I am like the nastiest, bitchiest, most entitled, self righteous drama queen you will ever meet.

Yes, I definitely believe you are Fi>Se and a 9 with one of the strongest connections to 3 I have ever seen in a person (I'm not the only one here either.)
I believe I'm ESI in Socionics, so that's probably part of it. I am Ne as hell though. like, it was obvious to me immediately and made even more obvious the more I studied it (not that I would have anything against being a sensor. SFPs, both ESFP and ISFP, are some of my favorite types. they're like NFPs, but more gut center, more physically graceful and more instinctual). my mind moves rapidly, constantly making connections and I need to constantly stop myself from blurting them out (when I was younger, you would have though I had Turrets)

Why you don't see this... how you can read even your most resent message to me and not see a screaming 9 sx is beyond me but I don't care. I don't need Elfboy to be typed correctly. But I do question how you 'spin the image' of e7 since e7 is what you currently list yourself as.
I'm not "spinning an image", my mistypings in the past were caused by relating to a type similar to a trend I was already going through. my self awareness was not as deep during that point in time and I was going off my current personality at the time (ie, the phase I was going to) rather than the trend of my life as a whole.

This narcissism thing dude... I believe all the e-types have an element of self-centeredness...because that's fear for yah. But I do believe an e7 can be self-absorbed without vanity and narcissism. But it's more than that...self-centeredness and/or narcissism is a total blind spot for the e7...NOT this 'whoo yah were totally gay and sexual and narcissistic' are you kidding me? e7s are not out celebrating their *narcissism* like a sexual 9 with a connection to 3 might.
I'm not celebrating my narcissism, I'm celebrating myself, which is what narcissists do, and something I've done since loooong before I typed at 7 ;)
and when did I ever say 7s were gay? if every 7 in the universe were gay, my job would be a lot easier :laugh:

e7s believe they are not narcissistic...and honestly many e7s are some of the most selfless people around. I feel you are confusing people that are truly trying to figure out their type or fix with what you want...with what you seemingly need e7 to be.
for the longest time, I didn't believe I was narcissistic, but I've done a lot more self searching than the majority of E7s and have the self awareness to say that I am indeed narcissistic (just ask my parents or any of my friends, it's all about "me! me! me!" ever since a young age. curbing these tendencies has, and still is taking a lot of work)

Ahhh...aren't you a sneaky little 9? I see what you did there...do you? First you try to get some sort of jab in with regards to my typing-cred concerning sp-last for you... and to my response try and make it seem I took issue with you being a sx-dom. Clever...but I can certainly go back in time with some old post quotes and provide evidence as to which one of us has insisted all along you were a sx-dom...and which one of us did everything they could to shoot that down (who worked hard to discredit whom...)
I'm aware you believed I was Sx dom long before I did. I will give you credit for that, but that was not the point (though it did come across as a bit more condescending than intended, I apologize for that). the point is that, 9s are self forgetting, believe they are insignificant and have trouble asserting their own needs and desires. a quick look at any of my posts from any period in time will quickly confirm that I do not struggle with these tendencies.

seriously though, have you ever met a 9 as self righteous, combative and egotistical as me? I just don't think they exist (it would be like meeting a 2 who naturally didn't care what other people thought or a 6 who had never struggled with anxiety problems) If I'm any non-Id type, it's counter phobic 6.

I will take another look at 9 because I
- am a gut center wannabe :p
- I like the idea of being the same type as Daenerys Targaryen :cool:
- I am naturally lazy as fuck, so I could see it being a core neurosis :tongue:
- stress 6 makes a lot of sense when I look at my most pathetic moments

out of curiosity, if you see a 9 connection, why not 1w9 or unhealthy 3? (if I'm a 9, a strong connection to 3 would mean I was extremely healthy, which I don't think is the case lol)

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Maitri's description of sexual four sucks. The focus is far too much on relationship competition. I like Naranjo's better. (Seriously, what planet is Maitri on that this relationship rivalry and competition goes on? If I were to base my type on her description I would say no fucking way.) But yes, we're freaks. :dry:

This is totally right on (Nayanjo's Four):

All of them are here- http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/NaranjoSubtypes.pdf

Sexual fours are very angry. If you feel like you are about to explode much of the time and fantasize about ripping off your skin because your life isn't the way you think it's supposed to be, like you and your genius has been cheated, well... consider it.
The Self-Pres 4 description on that page: Good God...:shock:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Sexual fours are very angry. If you feel like you are about to explode much of the time and fantasize about ripping off your skin because your life isn't the way you think it's supposed to be, like you and your genius has been cheated, well... consider it.
Wow.. what a brilliant way to describe it. Poignant.

I just happened to see this post after writing out a bit of my life story. I'm a 8- and 7-fixed sexual 4 who mistyped at 8 for a long time. Not only did I feel like ripping my skin off once my genius was cheated, but I found lovers who could rip it off with their nails and took nude self-portraits of myself ripped apart to put on display. This should just about capture it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64372&page=6&p=2151164&viewfull=1#post2151164

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Wow.. what a brilliant way to describe it. Poignant.

I just happened to see this post after writing out a bit of my life story. I'm a 8- and 7-fixed sexual 4 who mistyped at 8 for a long time. Not only did I feel like ripping my skin off once my genius was cheated, but I found lovers who could rip it off with their nails and took nude self-portraits of myself ripped apart to put on display. This should just about capture it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64372&page=6&p=2151164&viewfull=1#post2151164
I think reading that chart confirms I'm Sp/Sx. I don't want to rip my flesh off. Whatever I'm going through, I simply endure it and pray I don't lose my sanity.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
before I reply to Starry... [MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION]
apologies in advance for derailing your thread. I'll try to wrap this up quickly. please let me know if you have any questions. :)
No worries. After this past week, I'm 99.5% certain that 5 is my head fix. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No worries. After this past week, I'm 99.5% certain that 5 is my head fix. :)

that sounds about right for you :)
do you have any questions about the rest of your type?
I still see 9w1>5w6>?w? ??/Sx