• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Christopher Hitchens

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
don't know this is the right forum to post in but if not, please move it.

I've recently acquired a small-scale obsession with Christopher Hitchens (and kind of beating myself up for not doing that when he was still alive. sigh).

All the search results seems to point out that he's an E6:
http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/35470.html
http://www.thechangeworks.com/images/Famous.pdf

What do you think is the justification for these? Do you agree? He doesn't seem so overtly Sixish like, say, David Letterman is to me. I would have said he's a 1w9. What do you think?

B

brainheart

About a year ago, based on reading about a hundred pages of his essays, and not knowing what others had typed him, I concluded he was likely a 6w5. Why?

- His drive to fully understand, and then use, his conclusion that atheism is correct to combat and disprove religion struck me as social+6+5.

- He focused on authority: the authority religion wields, the authority governments wield, and he used what he learned to try to take the authority from those powers.

- He seemed too reactive to be a one.

So that was my first conclusion. However, the more I think about it, I think a case could be made for 1w9.

Why?

- His need to educate people of the truth. He did have a bit of the taint of a Crusader to him- crusading against religion with the sword of reason.

- In his speech there was the restraint and refinement often present in a one. (He is an educated Brit, though.)

- It seems that he could have the 1-4-7 connection, just like Thoreau, another likely 1w9. And I think passion in a one can look reactive at times: the anger and force fueled by self-righteousness.

In other words, I don't know enough to say for sure. I'd have to read more of his works.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Caveat, I have only done a Google image search and read the Wikipedia article.

What stands out for me is that he didn't fight for anything nearly as much as he fought against many things, and that screams counterphobia.

But like I said, that is going off limited exposure.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
INTJ (counterphobic) 6w5

Don't know about his variant.

When I saw him at a debate in college, I said to myself, "That is exactly how people should think."

Not the substance, per se, but the methodology.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I clearly recognized myself in him.

Perhaps even more so than Nietzsche.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was kind of an asshole. Definitely INTJ. Occasionally insightful but mostly just enjoyed controversy. 6w5 makes sense more than any combination with a 9 ("peacemaker") in it. :shock:

Nicodemus

I clearly recognized myself in him.

Perhaps even more so than Nietzsche.
I can certainly see that, because, in person, Nietzsche was much closer to Dawkins than to Hitchens, mild and exceedingly well-mannered, all fire and fury subdued.

VagrantFarce

I'm not sure he could be more of a 6 if he tried. If you watch his body language you can see he's more anxious and nervous than anyone, but he was good at hiding it behind his wit & intellect. At his worst he was an insular contrarian, at his best he was a fierce bulldog. Above all he wanted to be courageous, intelligent & likeable.

A sexual 6 as well, most likely. Dude was intense, and never misplaced an opportunity to charm the pants off someone.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ 3w4.

A frivolous shape-shifter in love with his own celebrity and the sound of his voice. Vastly overrated, foolishly adulated, endlessly insufferable. Here in debate with an actual 6w5. Happily, they are even of the same stacking, for your ease of comparison. Don't say I'm not good to you.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hitchens is my spirit animal

He was not an asshole. It’s not assholery when you are fighting for facts and truth to be heard.

I think he’s a good example of a 6.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's one of my favorites. I always thought of him as ILI-Te 6w5 CP

yeghor

He was kind of an asshole. Definitely INTJ. Occasionally insightful but mostly just enjoyed controversy. 6w5 makes sense more than any combination with a 9 ("peacemaker") in it. :shock:

Assholism is more of a P thing. Hitchens has good presence in public settings, can easily deliver logical speeches, has ample charisma with his calm demeanor and deep voice.

Anyone who thinks he's a J type should know that this is not how a J type let alone an introvert looks like. He doesn't totally fit with how I imagine an ENTP to be like, but given he doesn't rely on physical strength like an xSTP and has more presence and charisma than an INTP, I would go with ENTP for him, though I would expect an Ne-dom to be more childish and goofy, but maybe the goofiness is related more to ENFPs and in ENTPs, it rather turns into a devilish charm.

1660759569229.png1660759580903.png1660759609462.png1660759625371.png

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assholism is more of a P thing. Hitchens has good presence in public settings, can easily deliver logical speeches, has ample charisma with his calm demeanor and deep voice.

Anyone who thinks he's a J type should know that this is not how a J type let alone an introvert looks like. He doesn't totally fit with how I imagine an ENTP to be like, but given he doesn't rely on physical strength like an xSTP and has more presence and charisma than an INTP, I would go with ENTP for him, though I would expect an Ne-dom to be more childish and goofy, but maybe the goofiness is related more to ENFPs and in ENTPs, it rather turns into a devilish charm.

View attachment 26721View attachment 26722View attachment 26723View attachment 26724
Reminds me of me when I was young, single, and used to go to bars. Ain't saying I was a player, but I was definitely noticed and known, and admired by several people.

Jesus what the fuck happened to me