• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would your Friends/Family members type you?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You all have these many people in your lives interested in typological systems? That's pretty lucky. I can't seem to meet anyone beyond internet forums interested in this stuff. If I do, they usually just want to talk about how Myers Briggs and Jungian type is a pseudoscience because Adam Conover said so.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been known as quiet, intelligent, and analytical since the dawn of time to the point it's literally (and has been) memetic, so hell yeah once they see that there is an Enneatype which is the epitome of "quiet, intelligent, and analytical" they would smack it on me immediately- type 5 (but a few have given 8). All the friends I have asked so far typed me sp/sx, except for one of them, who gave sp/so.

They usually give me INTJ, but few give me INFJ instead.

Acquaintances swing between ISTJ and ENXP depending on where (I've asked).

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been known as quiet, intelligent, and analytical since the dawn of time to the point it's literally (and has been) memetic, so hell yeah once they see that there is an Enneatype which is the epitome of "quiet, intelligent, and analytical" they would smack it on me immediately- type 5 (but a few have given 8). All the friends I have asked so far typed me sp/sx, except for one of them, who gave sp/so.

They usually give me INTJ, but few give me INFJ instead.

Acquaintances swing between ISTJ and ENXP depending on where (I've asked).

what crazy ass psycho thinks you are an Ne dominant?

- - - Updated - - -

I usually get ExFJ offline. I have strictly noticed though people who get to know me and talk to me on a far deeper and more emotional level end up typing me as IxFP.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what crazy ass psycho thinks you are an Ne dominant?

Multiple. People who don't talk to me enough / only see me extremely selectively for short periods of time in specific situations.

eg: My martial arts club (even the instructor told me I was one of his most energetic students), my choir, my music school. Some of my gaming groups.

E, because I was quite literally tireless and always loved practice (it NEVER bored me) & the stage. N instead of S due to the airheadedness, T=F because 'blunt, but not an asshole'. They do not know typology, so they go off stereotypes, but I can understand why they said what they said and where they were coming from. From their POV, I was this boundlessly energetic, outspoken / hopelessly blunt, passionate individual who did not shy away from the stage, performing, or taking action (when I was taught a new kick I would test it out on someone immediately and roughhoused often), which does not contradict ENXP, stereotype or not.

There's ENTJ, but the ENTJ stereotype is corporate bastard, and above examples don't exactly scream corporate anything and functions weren't taken into account either way.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You all have these many people in your lives interested in typological systems? That's pretty lucky. I can't seem to meet anyone beyond internet forums interested in this stuff. If I do, they usually just want to talk about how Myers Briggs and Jungian type is a pseudoscience because Adam Conover said so.

I thought that most of these people would be guessing how people IRL would type them if they were into typology. That's how I answered the question myself. I definitely do not know people like this in person, or at least anyone who knows typology apart from the shitty 16 Personalities test.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like how I formatted my previous post.

Immediate Family: 1w9 or 4w3 sx/sp. They're most in tune with my perfectionism, quiet rage, and frustration. They'd see a lot of 1 in me due to my tendency to criticize both society and myself, and constantly yearn for the better. They'd also see a lot of 4 since I am very open about my envy and frustration, and how that manifests in my behavior and mindset.

Extended Family: 9w8 sp/sx. I don't think I have much of a personality to them. Definitely withdrawn triad, closed-off and aloof but easily affected by conversations.

Classmates: 5w6 or 6w5 sp/sx. They knew basically nothing about me other than the fact that I was good in school, and extremely detached but quite anxious. I appeared more competency-focused than anything and didn't show emotions openly in the school setting.

Co-workers: 4w5 sp/sx. I'm pretty mysterious and quiet. I'm probably the least able employee to compartmentalize my emotions there, and I get pretty emotional when under stress. I've also heard several times that I seem artsy.

Martial Arts Classmates: 6w7 or 7w6 sx/so. It's the one place where I appear positive and I push out any negativity from my day there. While I'm not super talkative (because I never am), I am seen as friendly and kind, not very withdrawn.

This just has enneagram. First two groups would type me as ISTx, classmates would type me as IxTJ, co-workers would type me as ISFP, and martial arts classmates would type me as ESxP, probably.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most people I know neither know nor care about typology. My dad once said I must be an E, mainly because I spoke often and freely with him, and have always been very assertive about my own needs and wants, but then he was my dad and we had a good relationship.

The qualities people generally associate with me would be consistent with INTJ 5, though I suspect results would be colored by the nature of my interactions (context, purpose) with the person offering the assessment.

K..

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Close Friend(s): INTJ 5w4
Acquaintance(s): INFJ 5w6
Parents: INTP: 8w7
Brothers: ENTP 4w5
Boss: INTJ/ENTJ 8w9
Strangers: ISTJ 9w1

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've occasionally had close friends or family read descriptions and they tend to put it in this order:
INFJ
ISFP
INFP

It's possible some students and people who see me more from a distance could also include ISFJ. People tend to make a lot of assumptions about me, but would likely all tend to categorize me as an IxFx. I am quiet with an expressive face, so there you go.