• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would your Friends/Family members type you?

S

Stansmith

How do you think people you know would type you based on how you come off?

Acquantinces or random people I 'know' on campus: Probably 3w4, 4w3, 4w5, 7w8 or 7w6 depending on the person or the day. People who briefly see my lively/extroverted side probably think 7w6 or 7w8 (I can be pretty domineering at times), while people who see more of my standoffish or "precious" side would probably think 3w4 or 4w3. I tend to always be well put-together and consistently groomed so I probably come off as Image-y.

Close friends: Would probably type me as 6w7 with an off-chance of 7w6, 9w8 or 4w3. There are a few friends that I consider 'close', but that I don't really open up to about my insecurities, so they probably see me as some sort of carefree charlatan or subtle-narcissist.

Family: The majority would see me as 4w3 besides my mom and a few cousins, since they all seem to have a vague idea about my depressive tendencies and I usually come off as aloof or private. The ones I've spent lots of time with around the time I was 15-17 would say 6w7.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just wrote about this in another place, but I'll recap here:

In public, I'd be seen somewhere on the left side of the enneagram.

5--for my withdrawn detachment in social circumstances and general level-headed knowledgeability.
6--if I have a reaction. A lot of people think I'm a 6w7 online.
7--when I'm having an Ne-attack. I get taken for 7w6 online the other half of the time.
8--when I'm in charge of something, or I'm in a bad mood (which I've been for nearly 3 years for medical reasons). It's almost like I've switched types--I've become blunt, openly combative, and unable to care about anything outside my own self-interest. Sad but true.

My own family typed me as a 4 or 5 when first introduced to the enneagram (I was in high school). Ten years later, after I stopped doing more overtly 4ish things, they've decided I'm really more of a justice-oriented, power-structure-abnegating cp6. Eh, close enough.

G

Glycerine

Family and Friends: 5 or 6 (I am consider the "nerd" in the family and a "deep thinker" by friends)
School setting: 3 or 6 (I am very type A and anxious about my competency)
Outsiders: 9, 3, or 5 (I am somewhat flashy, detached/reserved, or very go with the flow depending on the situation)

Everybody would probably label me as sp first by a long shot. I am a relatively quiet extrovert and pretty much pick and choose who I want to talk to.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Acquaintances: Type 5. Coming across as detached, cerebral, investigating, bookish.

Close friends: Type 4 or Type 1. Most would see a combination of individualism and desire for social reform.

Family: Type 4, for better or worse.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone I know in real life with a basic understanding of Typology I'm sure would call me either an ISTP or an INTP along with one of the head types (5>6>7).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Acquaintances: Mostly they say that I am talented, gifted, and mysterious as they always wonder what I'm going to do next.

Close friends: They would probably say that I'm an INTJ or an INFJ. One, an ISTP, thinks I'm the same as him, and I think that is hilarious. I'm not going to tell him any differently because he says I "inspire" him, so I don't want to ruin it for him. I actually like him...a lot. Another, an INTJ, thinks I'm just like him and I don't want to ruin it for him, either, so I'll let him think that. An ESTP friend calls me Joan of Arc, so he apparently thinks I'm an INFJ. My INFP friends all think I'm an INFJ, as do my ENFJ friends, ENTP friends and my ENFP friends. My one and only INFJ friend in real life, thinks I'm his female counterpart, so there you go.

Family: Some of them see me as INFJ and some see me as an INTJ.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My family would probably type me ENTP 7w6. Apparently, I'm somewhat scattered when I feel more secure. :shrug:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I tried to get my family interested. The only person who I won over for a short while was my mum, who upon reading some rather spurious internet descriptions decided either INTP or ENTP was like me. :unsure:

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm so changeable! If there's someone on this planet who lets situations influence her mood so much that her behavior changes so much every few months you'd almost think she's switching personalities, it's me. I think the only time when people would type my enneagram right, would be when I'm concerned about someone and they'd type my MBTI type right when I'm feeling good. When I'm feeling bad about something that doesn't have anything to do with another person, people would type me as a type 6 or 4 and probably ISTJ or something. When I'm ecstatic for some reason, I tend to come across as a full-blown 7. When I'm concerned about someone I think I come across as ISFP. The only people who this doesn't count for, would be my family. I think they'd type me as potato. MBTI, enneagram, everything. Potato overload.

I

Infinite Bubble

Acquaintances - Stereotypical 5w6, and probably 9w1 as well. Any Introverted type.

Close friends - Not sure. At different points, 5, 7 and 9. Probably an NP type.

Family - A stew of 5w4, 6w5, 7w8 and some slices of 3. On MBTI, my mother said Ne was most like me, which may or may not be accurate.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been typed as INFP on the official MBTI, though with a telling near-borderline score on the S-N dimension.

A close friend has typed me as 4w5, and my family might, too, but with less certainty on the wing. I haven't shared the typology hobby with them: the more I am interested in something, the more I'll protect its privacy. I have recieved just plain 4 from others three times total, two times with the five wing. People this close or who I just click with regardless of long-term intimacy see IXFP, too, though one has typed me INTP and another as a NiFi INTJ.

Outside of that closest circle, though, I don't show my colors much. I have been taken for robotic, quiet and deadpan until humorous, docile, self-absorbed, professional, ill when I was actually fine, shy. What types that superficial impression suggests are for you to guess. I won't say any because it would be a shallow and misleading connection.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
A lot of my friends would probably guess 7 for me. People often seem to guess 7w8 for me, though there are some 9s who occasionally ask if I'm sure I'm not an 8w9.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not super familiar with Enneagram, but on MBTI, I know that a lot of my family and friends thought I was an extrovert for a very long time, even though I am a true introvert (Fe at its finest)... My guess is that most of my family or friends would type me as ENFP or ENFJ as a first guess.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've been mistyped as an extrovert quite a bit with ESTP and ENTP being the most common.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
INFJ maybe. I think most people I know in real life think I'm an introvert.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]
friend 1: ENFP 7w? Sx/Sp
friend 2: ENFP, Sx/Sp, some sort of gut center type
friend 3: ENFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
family: INFP 6w5>8w7>3w4 Sp/Sx

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I've seen one of your videos and I've never really got the 7w8 mistypings. Sure, you don't act like a Jonas Brother, but you don't seem quite as grounded or 'immediate' in your body language as Sx-first 7w8s.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
I've seen one of your videos and I've never really got the 7w8 mistypings. Sure, you don't act like a Jonas Brother, but you don't seem quite as grounded or 'immediate' in your body language as Sx-first 7w8s.

I agree. it's it's probably because the 6 is hidden better than in most 7w6s (so I mostly just look 7)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
stubborn, hard to live with, noisy, loose cannon, adorable but not letting anyone see it...