• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would your Friends/Family members type you?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
family type 5
friends type 7
girlfriend type 4

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
an 8 or 3

they're both in my trytype...I look like a 3 to people that aren't around me alot...I look like an 8 to people that are around me too much cause they find out how confrontational I really am.

It's the cp6 in me...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If they knew anything about it they'd say 7 or 9. My boyfriend can see the 2ish stuff too not sure that's apparent enough for others to see.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my family would type me as a 1 if they read the type descriptions. They're the most in tune with my perfectionism, tendency to criticize, frustration with both society and myself, etc. I don't think they'd see me as a 4 based on the descriptions because I'm not the artsiest, though if they knew about 4's envy they'd probably type me as that.

Classmates would probably type me as a 5 based on stereotypes. Co-workers would probably type me as a 4.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My brother thought I was a 5, but said I was always a little "bipolar" as a kid/teen (I am not, but it is a fair point emotionally speaking, especially anger, and he definitely knew how to pis me off).

My last couple boyfriends have seen me as 4w5.

A friend recently said an equal mix of 4 and 5.

No one else knows shit, but I am universally seen as distant and provocative.

I am actually a potato. Like an old one in the cupboard that has sprouted.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I haven't discussed enneagram with anyone IRL as they ether find it boring or get confused (I did have my mom take a enneagram test for me as a experiment and she got 549 for me) but I would guess most of my family see me as a core 4 or even 5 as I am fairly withdrawn and in my own world (I think core 4 would be most likely they see me as as I like arty things and can be moody and broody) but I can see them giving me a assertive fix too (I'm known for being self indulgent and like getting my way) . Least likey I would say 2 core im not very well known for stereotypically 2 things like mushiness and being selfless :newwink:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very few people in my family are interested in typology systems, despite me trying to interest them. So they'd just stick with their astrology and talk about what a typical aquarius they think I am.

Wife said I sounded a lot like a 9 after overhearing some youtube vids.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Family: When I had my mom take the test for me a couple years back (based on basic descriptions and stuff, she pegged me as an ENTP 7w6 (713), which is very wrong. With more WOE oriented descriptions, I recall her thinking I fit more in the 5 department. My family is primarily far more extroverted than myself, so I think most of them would probably place me as some sort of 9 or 5. I haven't spoken to them about IV, but they'd probably be smart enough to catch sp/so if I gave them descriptions.

Friends: I got my friends into the enneagram kind of. Initially, those who knew me were inclined to type me at surface level as a 5w4 sp/sx (or a hyper-disintegrated 7) and it was relatively hard for me to convince them that I wasn't a 5 core. Most agree that 9 with a heavy lean on the 1 wing is a pretty good fit, I haven't spoken of IV with them yet though. Some might suggest 6 I'd assume considering the characters my roommate likes to compare me to. My ESFP friend initially thought INFJ. I haven't spoken to them much about mbti, from basic conversation they seem to agree on me being on the Fe-Ti axis, my roommate implied he thought I could be INFJ.

Acquaintances: Probably 9w8 sp/sx, maybe 5 or 6. I'm approachable, but not friendly and, without much interaction, people seem to consider me somewhat intimidating/someone who has the capacity for violence or deviance but doesn't (or so I've come to aquire). Mbti wise, I'd probably get pegged somewhere in the IxTJ department.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Acquaitences: 6 or 9
Friends: 4
Family: 4

WileStyle

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I'm sure they would all agree to put me in Type 4 because I'm very open with my feelings, and the characteristics I'd always shown to them is that of type 4. :D

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My parents: 9w1 core. I'm pretty quiet around my family, and I don't really make a fuss about anything. They also talk about how open minded I am about things, and about how lazy I can be and that I need to ask for help more. Either 7 or 5 fix. 5 because of my withdrawnness and how I pull random facts out of my ass all the time, 7 fix cause I'm way more adventurous than them and beg them to go places. I doubt they'd see a 6 fix, they know I have anxiety but I'm good at hiding it and unless I'm really indecisive about something or feeling paranoid I'm anti support-seeking. Then a 4 fix, cause of how much I love things that are "different".

My grandparents: 4w3 core. The 9 would still be a fix for sure. But I think they'd see 4 core first as they see someone who jams to the beat of her own drum, but is also quiet and brooding. They also see me as a bit closed off with my feelings, when we go out to eat sometimes I stare off into space and they ask me, "Whatcha thinking?". Probably 7 fix, because when we go out shopping I want to go to all the shops and try all the new restaurants and when I decorate cookies at their house I take forever because I'm having so much fun.

My aunt and cousins:
4w3 core, but with 9 as a close consideration. I think they'd vote 4 first on the fact that they think of me as very......weird. Hard to tell if they think of me of annoying or just quirky, but anyway. I think they'd be more willing to type me as 9 core if they read a little deeper. I think they'd see me as positive core, as I'm more calm around them than reactive when things get serious. Creepy and morbid sure, but I don't think they think of me as brooding. I also remember this one time where I was staying at their house a lot and I was doing the dishes as the guest and I was totally cool with it. The reason why they thought I was so weird is that I liked showing them creepy videos and I pulled stupid practical pranks like putting an apple core in the toilet(I was 13 then). Then a 7 fix, for the previous reasons.

Work people: 6w7 perhaps? They see me as sort of flighty and awkward, but also the kind of person who's up for anything. I've also gained the role of an "undercover savage", and I'm the type at work that wants to learn everything I can cause I want to limit the amount of routine as possible.

Last edited:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my family would type me as a 1 if they read the type descriptions. They're the most in tune with my perfectionism, tendency to criticize, frustration with both society and myself, etc. I don't think they'd see me as a 4 based on the descriptions because I'm not the artsiest, though if they knew about 4's envy they'd probably type me as that.

Classmates would probably type me as a 5 based on stereotypes. Co-workers would probably type me as a 4.

I don't like how I formatted my previous post.

Immediate Family: 1w9 or 4w3 sx/sp. They're most in tune with my perfectionism, quiet rage, and frustration. They'd see a lot of 1 in me due to my tendency to criticize both society and myself, and constantly yearn for the better. They'd also see a lot of 4 since I am very open about my envy and frustration, and how that manifests in my behavior and mindset.

Extended Family: 9w8 sp/sx. I don't think I have much of a personality to them. Definitely withdrawn triad, closed-off and aloof but easily affected by conversations.

Classmates: 5w6 or 6w5 sp/sx. They knew basically nothing about me other than the fact that I was good in school, and extremely detached but quite anxious. I appeared more competency-focused than anything and didn't show emotions openly in the school setting.

Co-workers: 4w5 sp/sx. I'm pretty mysterious and quiet. I'm probably the least able employee to compartmentalize my emotions there, and I get pretty emotional when under stress. I've also heard several times that I seem artsy.

Martial Arts Classmates: 6w7 or 7w6 sx/so. It's the one place where I appear positive and I push out any negativity from my day there. While I'm not super talkative (because I never am), I am seen as friendly and kind, not very withdrawn.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
First things first, most people in general in my life would probably type me as an xNTJ 8. But I'll get a little more into the reasons for that below.

Family Members: So my "close" family members (mam, dad, brother) would probably type me as an 8w9 (853 tritype). They might even see a 4 fix actually, they really don't see me as all that image oriented. I've been in multiple verbal and physical altercations with them and they would probably be unable to look past that. As for MBTI, they'd probably type me as an INTJ. I imagine what I just said would be interpreted by them as some sort of Fi expression, and overall they see me as more introverted (I stay in my room a lot and I come off quite cold). They see me as almost anti-positivity which would probably be read as Fe PoLR as well. In terms of Ni-Te, they certainly recognise my naturally strategic point of view (which causes a lot of clashes I notice) and tendency to tunnel vision. They may also perhaps read Se inferior in my reluctance to do things without prior planning.

Close friends: Hmm, again probably either 8w7 or 7w8. My close friends see more my "troll" side that this forum also gets to see from time to time and they'd probably read my feisty-ness as 8 core or wing. For the tritype, they'd probably agree with triple assertive in some order. I imagine they'd type me as more of an ENTJ though, or at least be less inclined to see me as Fe PoLR. They'd probably agree with what my family sees regarding the Te-Ni, however I'm often more "open" regarding my goals in life with my close friends (even if my natural inclination is to keep these to myself) so they'd probably see more Te-Se than my family do.

School/College Acquaintances: With enneagram, they'd probably see 8 and 3 - perhaps 5 as a head fix with these people as well. MBTI INTJ would probably also be what they see. Especially in my younger years I was largely seen as overly serious, cold and reserved especially by people who didn't really get to know me very well. Any humour I tried was often in the realm of dry sarcasm. I never really went to parties or anything with classmates (I still don't honestly), and while the party thing is a stereotype of introversion/extraversion it would very likely play into their surface level analysis of me. I also would guess the fact I never really enjoyed team activities (sport. group projects, etc.) would play into their perception of introversion.

Extended Family: A lot of similarities to my other family members view of me, however the key difference is they probably see me as being even more reserved than my "close" family members. I don't really care to make the effort to reach out and communicate with them, so all interactions are usually short and brief. They'd certainly be more accustomed to me going off and doing my own thing. So yeah they'd certainly type me as an INxJ of some kind.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Admittedly this would be much easier if my family and friends knew what the Enneagram was, in depth. But I think they'd all type me as a 6 at first glance. : /

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My parents would type me as an ENFP 837 no doubt

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mother: ISFP 4sx or 6sx cp. She sees me as extremely rebellious and unrespectful.
Father: ENTP 5w6. He's also a relatively close type to mine (he's ENTJ 683 sp/sx). He says he sees me as a more scattered version of himself.
Ex bf: officially types me as ISFJ 6w5 sp/so "because you're too emotional to be T".
Classmates: Either IxTJ or xNTP 6w5 or 5w6 depending on the activity I'm doing
Boyfriend: xNTP 6w5. He mistyped me as INTJ the first time he tried
Acquaintances/friends: INFP 6w5 or 4w5

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP or ENTP pretty much anyone who knows me agrees with whenever they hear it or read the descriptions. Some INFJ qualities too.

If someone doesn't know me though right off the bat I'll come off INxP (T or F) sometimes though cuz I am at first more subdued and quiet and don't talk as much and bounce off what others say cuz I am not sure and self conscious about what to say cuz I don't yet know what their likes and dislikes are. But once I've learned such I adapt pretty quick and let the entertainer out more and make people laugh.

Enneagram wise probably I've been typed e5, e9, or e3 most. Which was my secondary suspicion of tritype. In relationships I can be quite the romantic so probably very 4w3 then (if I have actual feelings anyway).

Instinct probably sx/sp or sor sx/so or so/sx someone once guessed till they said I was sx dom as hell

Meh

I know back when I was more depressed I came off INxP even looking back myself cuz of teenage angst and a lot of stress back in the day. Even occasionally INTJ when more intense and ambitious. That was in the past when I was unhealthy though. (to be fair I was traumatized and hated people)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think most people I know, from family/closest friends to acquaintances would type me as a 9 or possibly 5. In MBTI, everyone would most likely agree on me being introverted. I think there would be a split between thinking and feeling, with those closer to me probably leaning toward thinking and acquaintances more toward feeling.