• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Happiest Types in the Enneagram

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No... (I'm not sure what you are getting at though so idk)

I'm not sure entirely why, but I always seem to attract xNTP girls, and we end up in these conversations where we seem to be hitting very similar points.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would make more sense if you had said "seemingly happiest".

I'd suggest you to listen what real people say about their state of mind, but you seem too invested in your theory. :shrug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You come off as a 7 disintegrating to 1..

I've considered that. I tend to be very hard on myself. I used to think I was a good writer and intelligent and a good fine artist. I used to ignore minor mistakes as long as I was enjoying myself. The mistakes even would often become part of a new design or idea. Now, though, if a painting doesn't match up exactly with what I see in my head, it will make me feel physically ill. Also, if one of my stories has a typo in it after I combed over it for hours, I'll feel stupid. I tend to feel like everybody else does everything way better than I do and that I am defective. If I do nothing, I am declared lazy, and if I do something, I usually do it wrong. At least for a while, this perfectionism was accompanied by my usual stream of ideas. The past few weeks, though…it's been relatively quiet in my mind. I have had next to zero new insights, I feel cold and very nearly devoid of any feeling, and I feel as though I've lost touch with my creativity. I am still forgetful and lose things, but worse now. I've felt devoid of energy, and try to sleep, but can't due to worry and regrets. I really wish I knew how to be better, but it would appear as if I am stuck this way for now.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've considered that. I tend to be very hard on myself. I used to think I was a good writer and intelligent and a good fine artist. I used to ignore minor mistakes as long as I was enjoying myself. The mistakes even would often become part of a new design or idea. Now, though, if a painting doesn't match up exactly with what I see in my head, it will make me feel physically ill. Also, if one of my stories has a typo in it after I combed over it for hours, I'll feel stupid. I tend to feel like everybody else does everything way better than I do and that I am defective. If I do nothing, I am declared lazy, and if I do something, I usually do it wrong. At least for a while, this perfectionism was accompanied by my usual stream of ideas. The past few weeks, though…it's been relatively quiet in my mind. I have had next to zero new insights, I feel cold and very nearly devoid of any feeling, and I feel as though I've lost touch with my creativity. I am still forgetful and lose things, but worse now. I've felt devoid of energy, and try to sleep, but can't due to worry and regrets. I really wish I knew how to be better, but it would appear as if I am stuck this way for now.

At least I can remember when my feelings had more energy and I produced more ideas. Now rhinos are a little sleepy…

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Would make more sense if you had said "seemingly happiest".

I'd suggest you to listen what real people say about their state of mind, but you seem too invested in your theory. :shrug:

More like he doesn't seem to know the theory.

Happiness is a function of health level, not type.

Last edited:

Starry

I'm not sure entirely why, but I always seem to attract xNTP girls, and we end up in these conversations where we seem to be hitting very similar points.

Oh well in that case 'yes'...to what you are asking. But this to me would be regardless of gender. iow, xNFPs & xNTPs will share many similarities and pov and it will not matter if it is an ENFP male and an ENTP female or vice versa (or an ENFP & ENTP of the same gender.) We are wired in a similar way.

I dated a guy that to this day I cannot decide if he was an ENFP or an ENTP (although I lean ENFP) and honestly I think I laughed for 3 years straight. We had so much fun...doing nothing really... we had no money...but we made everything into something enjoyable... like doing laundry was a blast... going to the grocery store was an adventure...etc. We just got each other <--and I think there is a lot to be said for this kind of 'close in type' kind of relationship.

So in this way...yes I do think ENFP males are 'like' ENTP females.

S

Stansmith

I tried picturing a 7 at levels 7-9 and it sounds just as bad as whatever Im going through.

Sure, they're constantly doing stuff, but imagine constantly trying new things and not being able to enjoy any of it. You're constantly planning, spending money you don't have, you end up doing drugs and having unprotected sex to feel something, you start getting into Erotic asphyxiation, the appeal of all that eventually wears off and then bam, you jump off a bridge.

It's more or less the same anxiety, except they're constantly doing stuff. Same goes for any type at unhealthy levels.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm starting to think that you may be a core 6.

Perhaps, I feel like I have a little of everything except 8. Phobic 6 fits fairly well, but 7 would cover my desire to have a good life and have fun and 5 would cover my quest for knowledge. I am a core head type, but that is all that is obvious.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Perhaps, I feel like I have a little of everything except 8. Phobic 6 fits fairly well, but 7 would cover my desire to have a good life and have fun and 5 would cover my quest for knowledge. I am a core head type, but that is all that is obvious.

After our convo last night I think that you are a 5w6 so/sp, which I see that you have now changed your type to.

S

Stansmith

Found this at EI

Average Z scores on the Big 5 personality factors

Emotional Stability
E1: -.26
E2: .15
E3: .16
E4: -.33
E5: -.14
E6: -.53
E7: .36
E8: .68
E9: .31

(Relationships between OPQ and Enneagram Types, pg.15)

--------

Can I get a cookie? :D

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Found this at EI

Average Z scores on the Big 5 personality factors

Emotional Stability
E1: -.26
E2: .15
E3: .16
E4: -.33
E5: -.14
E6: -.53
E7: .36
E8: .68
E9: .31

(Relationships between OPQ and Enneagram Types, pg.15)

--------

Can I get a cookie? :D
6w5 would be the most neurotic, then?

I have issues with mood swings, so that would reinforce my type of 5w6…
…or am I 6w5?

Starry

^^^oh look! 3 mistyped posters in a row!

(just amusing myself while trying to get shit done that I don't care to do)
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] what's up with that e8 score?

edit: I don't think those are your personal scores...but they look like they would fit you.

Carry on.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha they totally might be. What are you thinking?

Starry

Haha they totally might be. What are you thinking?

See an ENFP will always be there for those that desperately want to procrastinate. Thank you.

The Great One ENTP 7w6 sx/sp

Magic Qwan ENFP 7w6 so/sp (he has higher levels of Ti usage which probably makes him feel like Qlip did a couple of years ago along with some other things going on that changes stuff (?) but he's a Feeler and one of our persuasion.)

Stansmith is the only one that I find confusing. Higher levels of Te says 7w8 in my mind...but I would say ENFP 7w6 sx (7w6 sx that is young and not entirely happy... all e7s wake up one day only to be completely devastated by the fact Santa is not real, no one knows how to get to Neverland, people don't hand us the world when we grow up like we just know they should... <--this lesson came earlier for Stansmith is what I believe.)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just read the OP and haven't read the whole thread, but 9 seems like it would be my guess for happiest type. When self-inflicted hardship comes, as it does with all types, the way I understand it is they kind of zen out and become removed from the problem. That might not be a good enough version of happiness to some, bit it seems much more enjoyable than the crap in deal with beig a 7 or a 2, haha.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you constantly feel the need to create hierarchies of which types are "better"/"worse", with your type as the worst in whatever category?

Happiness and well-adjustedness are not type related at all.

I agree its not type related.

I think the OP was ranking types in order of how happy they tend to look on the outside to others. Which does not equate with inner happiness.

R

Riva

@op - I think content is a better word than happy. Happiness is dependent on external circumstances meeting your wants. However contentment is more of an internal state of bliss. Your op looks for contentment I believe and not happiness. If so your op would make more sense especially in having 9w8 on top and e6 in the bottom. However I would put 6w7 the least content, not 6w5. 6w7 have the additional burden of having to be concerned/worried about their social standings.