• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Dynamics

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thinking about how the order and combination of one's tritype works together. I imagine that a 729 would look different from a 792, 279, etc. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet speaking to my tritype specifically, and I was just feeling curious. Thoughts?

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think the order is dependent on your core type? For example, 4s are heart>head>gut, so I assume there couldn't be a 416, 497, etc. I don't know about the other types, though. Maybe 7s would be head>gut>heart since they're adjacent to 8. :shrug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm i'm a 729 also and haven't found much info either.

but it feels like...i'm ruled by my head and that's where i go first...but sometimes when dealing with other people it seems like...i might quickly go to either my heart or gut center.

like...as a 7 i might start off detached or analytical...then...jump right in and help someone...be compassionate, mothering, nurturing etc
or...maybe i'll become a peacemaker and help foster communication between people...work quickly to diffuse a situation.

i think that usually happens when i'm either unaffected by it personally or if i've had time to analyze it enough where i can look at it objectively.

i just feel like...the 7 is where things get filtered first...then depending on the situation it gets filtered down to the 2 or 9 but i have a feeling it's still being processed by the 7 and won't feel the same as someone that's a core 2 or 9

but that's all just a feeling...i have no idea how this stuff works.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thinking about how the order and combination of one's tritype works together. I imagine that a 729 would look different from a 792, 279, etc. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet speaking to my tritype specifically, and I was just feeling curious. Thoughts?

It definitely does look different depending on order, and you're also right about the internet not having much clean cut info on tritypes in general.

I'm a 458 (The Scholar) and I have an 8w7 friend who is the same tritype as me (except her order is different: 854). We're different people, but it was a huge "Aha moment" for us both because we've always felt kindred. I've never doubted that I'm a 4 and my friend is absolutely a spot on 8, but we share a lot of similarities. Darkness of personality, withdrawn nature but prone to visceral reactions and speaking up without much regard for decorum-- there's so much more but I digress. The bottom line is that though we share the same tritype, she is strongly colored by 8, and I by 4. I have 8 moments but they are less common that my leanings towards 4 and 5. She has 4 moments, but they are less common than her leanings toward 8 and 5. Core type obviously takes precedence and then which of the two others (2 or 9 in your case) you scored higher in. I was actually pretty even between 5 and 8 though so I just went numerical-- haha.

I (the nerd that I am) have actually started compiling info about my tritype, but it's definitely taken some digging. I want to get this book.

Also, I've seen a tritype referred to in numerical order when all variations are included. So when talking about The Peacemaker they may write 279 and mean it to be inclusive of: 792, 297. How we can differentiate then between that and when they literally mean 279 with and e2 core, I have no idea.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the order is dependent on your core type? For example, 4s are heart>head>gut, so I assume there couldn't be a 416, 497, etc. I don't know about the other types, though. Maybe 7s would be head>gut>heart since they're adjacent to 8. :shrug:

I didn't see your post before I responded, but I believe you are correct! I'm glad you knew how to explain the fact that there are only 3 variations of each tritype (instead of 6), because I didn't. Interesting! Though I believe 7's are always head>heart>gut, at least that's the order I've seen them written. ?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
was gonna start a new thread, but i realized it kind of goes along with this one.

is there any blocking that goes on with the fixes in one's tritype? like, in my type, could 2 be blocked if 7's unsatisfied? and 9 only comes out when 7 and 2 are quiet?

or is it more of a situational thing. like, 'this is a head situation: i will use my head fix'.

just thinking about it...

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
The way I always imagined it, was that these were more specific to how you solved Heart, Mind, and Body problems. If you had a Heart problem, you would follow your Heart type. A mind problem would require a Mind type solution. Not all problems would be specifically one or the other though, so which was dominant would decided how you faced "One sugar or two?"

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

hmm i'm a 729 also and haven't found much info either.

I thought you were 749.

Edit: Whoops. I just realized that this was an older thread. You may have changed your type since then.. Nvm!

S

Stansmith

I'm not sure it makes a difference in my case. I relate to 9w1 and 3w4 equally.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought you were 749.

Edit: Whoops. I just realized that this was an older thread. You may have changed your type since then.. Nvm!

i don't know what i am!! haha i'm either 729 or 728 or 749...i think

Starry

I thought you were 749.

I'm laughing NaDs because I almost did this same thing haha.

i don't know what i am!! haha i'm either 729 or 728 or 749...i think

X so many times I've seen you question if you were actually a core 4...so I just wanted to understand what has you also considering 2?

Starry

a4-3-2.gif

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i never came to any conclusions about it. just thought i was 729 for forever and then questioned it. i would very much like to know tho.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i never came to any conclusions about it. just thought i was 729 for forever and then questioned it. i would very much like to know tho.
you seem 7-9-4 to me. your vibe in your video was dark as hell and you don't come off as attention seeking as a 2 fixed 7

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you seem 7-9-4 to me. your vibe in your video was dark as hell and you don't come off as attention seeking as a 2 fixed 7

my vibe was dark as hell?? oooh thats interesting and funny...whya say that? i thought i sounded very positive haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm really not attention seeing tho

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my vibe was dark as hell?? oooh thats interesting and funny...whya say that? i thought i sounded very positive haha

you were positive, but also dark. your video intrigued me because the content was along the lines of "yay! I love my friends!" but your vibe was much darker (not quite emo, but emo-ish).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you were positive, but also dark. your video intrigued me because the content was along the lines of "yay! I love my friends!" but your vibe was much darker (not quite emo, but emo-ish).

no one would ever call me emo...i'm pretty sure. but maybe you mean something else? or see it differently somehow? did i seem intense? is that what you mean? or just sx ish?