• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Dynamics

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no one would ever call me emo...i'm pretty sure. but maybe you mean something else? or see it differently somehow? did i seem intense? is that what you mean? or just sx ish?

yes. specifically Fi+Sx/Sp-ish. you didn't seem quite as extroverted as a 2 fixed 7 though (compare to [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] for instance)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes. specifically Fi+Sx/Sp-ish. you didn't seem quite as extroverted as a 2 fixed 7 though (compare to [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] for instance)

yeah totally...i'm not. 749 might fit idk...it all seems like just guessing now. i can't decide. sorry nic for blabbing on here.

Starry

was gonna start a new thread, but i realized it kind of goes along with this one.

is there any blocking that goes on with the fixes in one's tritype? like, in my type, could 2 be blocked if 7's unsatisfied? and 9 only comes out when 7 and 2 are quiet?

or is it more of a situational thing. like, 'this is a head situation: i will use my head fix'.

just thinking about it...

five sounds :hug:

I got distracted yesterday and forgot to respond to this with the very little I know here...

which is merely that some enneagram enthusiasts do relate the 9 points to the 9 chakras...and while I cannot be sure of it as I'm only making an assumption here... but I imagine if people believe chakras can be blocked or closed...then it perhaps follows that enneagram points can be as well.

If you discover something in this regard I hope you post about it in this thread.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe it's the 4, but I feel very different from others who have 4, 9 and 7 in their tritype but in a different sequence :ninja:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah totally...i'm not. 749 might fit idk...it all seems like just guessing now. i can't decide. sorry nic for blabbing on here.
by all means, do your thing! wish i had more to add, but it's interesting to read.
five sounds :hug:

I got distracted yesterday and forgot to respond to this with the very little I know here...

which is merely that some enneagram enthusiasts do relate the 9 points to the 9 chakras...and while I cannot be sure of it as I'm only making an assumption here... but I imagine if people believe chakras can be blocked or closed...then it perhaps follows that enneagram points can be as well.

If you discover something in this regard I hope you post about it in this thread.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com

:hug: thank you for indulging my wandering mind, starry.

yeah, i've read about chakra theory being brought into enneagram, and that might be where some of that thought process is coming from.

but aside from chakras, enneagram as a whole seems to have a very fluid nature (integration/disintegration). that flow i can understand as being from one point on the enneagram to another without that constant energy stream dynamic necessarily applying to separate fixes within a tritype. i'll keep looking around, and let you know if i find any *real* information, haha.

in the mean time, i'm kind of leaning toward a static, dominance-determined dynamic (i.e. i could use 2 without 7 being 'satisfied', but i might be more prone to come at a heart matter with my head first since that fix is dominant). where 'blocking' could happen might be related specifically to matters of integration and disintegration (per individual fix), where the fluidity seems indisputable.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah this is interesting. calling all super [MENTION=64]int[/MENTION]heknowenneagrampeople

we need to know this. how's this work?

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another member on here (sorry, I don't recall) linked to what another member on PerC (madhatter) had compiled on tritypes. I found it helpful to at least get the general flavor of the various tritypes, although order does seem to matter.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions.html

I think I fall in the spectrum of 9-5-2 (Problem Solver) or 9-6-2 (Good Samaritan)...I think, because 5w6 is the "scientist" aspect and that plays a big part in how I think and approach life.

I do like the way perC sets up their enneagram section (divided by heart-head-gut) and it does seem to have more info. on enneatypes IMO.

Thanks madhatter! :smile:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another member on here (sorry, I don't recall) linked to what another member on PerC (madhatter) had compiled on tritypes. I found it helpful to at least get the general flavor of the various tritypes, although order does seem to matter.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions.html

Cool, thanks for posting the link here! Great descriptions. After looking at all of the combos, 469 is the best fit for me, describes me best. Does anyone know of any others on this forum?

B

brainheart

[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION]- [MENTION=17945]Misty[/MENTION] is a 469.

It bugs me that I relate to the 478 description of those the most, with 458 coming in second.

If that's the case, why do I relate to eight oh so very little? I guess it would explain why I seem like a sx-ish sp/sx...

(This is a rhetorical question. I don't want [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] coming in here and flaunting her perceptive abilities. :dry:)

B

brainheart

I'm starting to think more and more that the way to tritype someone is based on initial vibe, that getting all analytical about it only screws things up.

It's more a flavor than a complex system.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stolen from BanCentral:

459 The Contemplative Archetype

If you are 459 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, an accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher (also, contemplative), you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away into the private world of your making to ponder your thoughts and feelings keeps you from engaging with others. true contemplation leads to higher knowing that we are all connected in the universal unconscious.

*Most withdrawn/introspective-459, 954, 549

The 416, 459 and 469 all struggle with painful self-consciousness and inhibition.

Both the 451 and 459 are reserved and introspective and self conscious. The 451 is very critical of themselves and others.They are very particular and have a lot of shoulds. They can be strident. Dissatisfaction is visible as their energy can be prickly. The 459 is more reserved and passive. They wait to be included. They are approachable but hope that others will come towards them. They are quiet in their demeanor. They project a sense of stillness. Their energy is soft and yielding. Dissatisfaction is hidden like in the 479.

The 954 is more contemplative and the the 952 will be more focused on others.

9s have a great capacity for depth, they just avoid conflict. Introspective 9s with 5 in the tritype are the intellectual 9s. (9s with 4 are the deep, emotional 9s. The 9 with the 459 tritype is all of the above.

The 459 is the most reclusive type on the Enneagram. They are humble, modest and discreet. They can be ethereal and dreamy They are passive and unassertive. They are shy but usually display a pleasant countenance. They have complex inner worlds. the objective with the subjective. They are gentle, sensitive and avoidant. Since they are so reserved, they express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.

459 is a triple withdrawn...I imagine 459 to be more removed and cut off as a way of addressing any inner anxiety.

Yeah you would have a difficult time with the triple withdrawn 459, many people do because their withdrawal and withholding feels harsh or very uninvolved. That's the type most likely to not realize their anger until much later, or not express it at all because they get stuck in not expressing themselves and experiencing everything more internally. The 1 in your tritype makes you more likely to exprsss discontent or negativity while the 7 still wants to keep things light and airy. The 459 can have a heavy feeling which can be daunting to someone desiring to keep things positive and productive as your tritype or the 371 might be inclined to do.

A 459 would be pretty comfortable with separateness and solitude.
[459]: Differences with 469 comes from the differences between 5 and 6 minds. 5 is like a withdrawn mind working alone to handle situations, life, and understanding, while 6 is more oriented to connections with collectivity and other people with thoughts. It's a receptive/expressive mind, using people as support for understanding and guidance. While 5 is more working alone, with its own maps and ideas.

As for the 4 5 9 part, ..It speaks to me, because it points to the actual awareness of the lack of love and the feeling of separateness for a 9. 5s and 4s are normally described as having the experience most rooted in separateness. Perhaps the distinctions are finer though. 5s representing a feeling of separateness of self, 4 representing separateness of identity, and 9 representing an awareness of separateness from "love" or from the "whole" of the universe.

E4 has the tri fixes 468 and 495 to deal with...where 468 push for a response while 459 move away. For example:
4x5 moves away...stops to....push for the response.
4x3 pushes for the response while moving away.

all three Reflective Solutions Enneacards
(Enneagram Types: 4, 5 & 9) in your Enneaspread.
Naturally reserved and reflective, you see yourself as intuitive, introspective, perceptive and thoughtful. Responsible and diligent, you resist taking action that is not first well considered and thought out. You dislike making sudden changes and prefer to take time to think things through before acting. When opposed, you tend to take a step back or move away from others to evaluate your circumstances to manage problems.

The 945 is very shy, sensitive and introspective. They need time to contemplate before taking action

594: Accepting and intuitive 5. Most sensitive and withdrawn 5, especially if self-preserving. Tends to be remote.

4-5-9 - The Introvert

A true introvert. The withdrawn likes to delve within them self in order to release their tensions and stress. The more problems that arise in their life the farther the find themselves from the external world.

459 - Knowledgeable and accepting 4. Most withdrawn and introspective 4, often an artisan, especially if self-preserving. Shy.

five with a nine fix: pattern seeking above all. whimsical exploration,
disposition of reluctant idealist. open minded,
philosophical perspective. can seem to lack focus
while associating groupings of information into larger
theories. likes people and humanity as a whole,
shares ideas and is relatively easy to get along with.

945: Intuitive and knowledgeable 9. Most introspective, withdrawn and reserved 9, especially if self-preserving or introverted [or both].

Another example would be a 4-6-8. Here we have a more aggressive and reactive Type 4 than say a 4-9-5, who would be more withdrawn, passive (9) and avoidant (5).

4-5-9 would rely on their sensations completely. This makes them the most self-focused of the types. Its about what you experience. Like a 9, they tend to avoid things they find uncomfortable (the keyword here is what they find uncomfortable. Not what is generally accepted as uncomfortable). Like a 5, tend to lean towards enrichment. And like a 4, establish their identity towards what they live through. Naturally, what we personally experience in ourselves (our emotions) are a part of what we experience. Since this type is so internally focused, they tend to live the most in their own minds and their own world. Thus, their five-fix tends to gather a lot of information on themselves. Their four-fix and ever changing sensations may make them slightly more likely to feel confused as to who they are. Experiencing this confusion, they may analyze this as a problem and perhaps something that shouldn't be(?). Well, like I said, I'd need to think about it more. But mainly, this fix relies heavily on what they go through and what they live through. Especially on feeling sensations. I'm not really quite sure on what else to say, really
5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

That's me!

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always thought that the order depends on how much you relate to the type... for example I can't choose between 4 and 7 and I relate to both of them strongly so then I have to be 4-7 or 7-4, then I don't relate much to gut types and I feel like my body is the weakest in personality, that's why I think it's last number in my tritype. At least I think this is how it works. When it comes to descriptions of different dynamics I haven't found much either, guess you just have work with general description and then adapt it to your core.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm starting to think more and more that the way to tritype someone is based on initial vibe, that getting all analytical about it only screws things up.

It's more a flavor than a complex system.

I would agree with you...though I am still kind of torn on the validity of the tritype theory.