• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could these statements be related to Enneagram type?

I

Infinite Bubble

There is a therapist I've been going to, that brings unconscious fears and negative beliefs to the surface and gets rid of them, to enrich mental health. It just came to me that these might be related to Enneagram type/instinctual variant, and it might reveal what that is for me. So if they could be related at all, to which type might it be? If it is unrelated, fair enough.

"Fear of not being good enough." - This one keeps coming up very frequently, it is probably very deep-set in my psyche (perhaps since I was young).
"Feel unappreciated."
"Fear of needing to be with others."
"Feel unworthy of nurturance."

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds kinda 2-ish to me. Just a thought though.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
There is a therapist I've been going to, that brings unconscious fears and negative beliefs to the surface and gets rid of them, to enrich mental health. It just came to me that these might be related to Enneagram type/instinctual variant, and it might reveal what that is for me. So if they could be related at all, to which type might it be? If it is unrelated, fair enough.

"Fear of not being good enough." - This one keeps coming up very frequently, it is probably very deep-set in my psyche (perhaps since I was young).
"Feel unappreciated."
"Fear of needing to be with others."
"Feel unworthy of nurturance."

I think they could apply to any type, but recurrent feelings of worthlessness are usually associated with the image triad.

Enneagram Institute said:
Perhaps the biggest obstacle facing Twos, Threes, and Fours in their inner work is having to face their underlying Center fear of worthlessness. Beneath the surface, all three types fear that they are without value in themselves, and so they must be or do something extraordinary in order to win love and acceptance from others.

I've never met any INTJ 2s, 3s, or 4s. Maybe you're a 5 disintegrating to 2 or a 6 disintegrating to 3. But, again, I'd think that those are pretty common fears.

Last edited by a moderator: