First 3947484950 Last

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by neko 4 View Post
    Hardest types to be: 4 and 6
    Easiest: 7 and 8
    Anthony Bourdain and Robin Williams would have disagreed with you. Before they killed themselves.
    нєισтяσριc
    Likes Aerix, Phoenix, Methylene liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by neko 4 View Post
    Hardest types to be: 4 and 6
    Easiest: 7 and 8
    I would agree with this. My thinking exactly

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I really hate this thread. Saying a type you are not, have no emotional experience being, and can only see from the outside as an observer is easier than your own type is invalidating to everyone else. Pain isn't a competition, no. Everyone's pains are different. Why invalidate other's experiences and pain to make yourself feel better about your own? Just stop it.
    Same, and so true. Eric Berne, psychiatrist and author of Games People Play, wrote about something he called "Inverse Pride," which is essentially, “My misfortunes are better than yours.” (When he says better, he really means greater, more severe.) He says this factor is often found in paranoids.

Berne created the theory known as "Transactional Analysis," wherein social transactions are analyzed to determine the ego state of the communicator (whether parent-like, childlike, or adult-like) as a basis for understanding behavior.

The full book (one of them, anyway):
    http://www.beagroves.net/bgtd/handou...chology_of.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Anthony Bourdain and Robin Williams would have disagreed with you. Before they killed themselves.
    Agreed. The reason why 7s look easy-breezy is because their MO is to avoid pain and anxiety. But doing so can easily bite you in the butt. Although I am e3, I can relate to the extreme avoidance of painful emotions to the point that I come off as aloof and arrogant. The main difference is that 7s seem to mask it with being fun, positive, disarming.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

As someone who genuinely does have greater suffering / misfortune than most others (based on the input of others who compare my experiences to average experiences), I can assure you that if you truly do "suffer more," you are often completely unaware of it because you think your experiences are normal since they are normal to you. It can be difficult to fathom the fact that you've actually suffered through things. Nonetheless, there are unconscious psychological wounds left by the experiences in spite of thinking it's normal / average. If you asked me a year ago, I'd say my suffering was average / normal / common. Now I know that I was actually probably raised by 2 narcissists (not average experience) and abused (like only 12% of the population), which has had other repercussions (financial, emotional/mental health, etc.) on my life as well. Furthermore, until I was 12 years old, I seemed like the happiest kid ever despite that I was being abused (and so was the rest of my family).

My point is that we don't always even have awareness of suffering, neither others' nor our own. People are ill equipped to decide who suffers more.
    Likes Luminous, Riva, Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

6s. For an outside observer their stability seem quite comfy. When you get to know them in a personal level you realize what they go through in their heads and that will change your mind. No matter how stable/secure they are there is a lingering sense of worry you would rather not have.
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

I never actually said that being a Seven is easy. I said it is one of the easiest. There is no easy type; they all have fears and problems.
    Likes Dareyth liked this post

Rising of the dick hero Dareyth's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Extroverted types: 2
    Introverted types: 4 and 6
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

MBTI
    INFJ

counterphobic 6's. sx 5's. 4's because they like it. and I suppose any type that's in severe distress and/or mbti types operating from their shadow self.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    counterphobic 6's. sx 5's. 4's because they like it. and I suppose any type that's in severe distress and/or mbti types operating from their shadow self.
    No they don't.