• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to admit that I've only read a couple of posts on this thread but here is my opinion: I think 6 is a really hard type to be. They suffer from anxiety and many sorts of phobias, feel strong need for security, tend to always be fearful of disaster and worst case scenarios. These things are really draining and hard to deal with. All of the 6 profile seem quite painful.
I assume that many people in this thread said that 4s have it the hardest, but I personally doubt it. 4s tend to find beauty and sadness and even in pain. Of course they aren't (generally speaking) masochists, but they are well equipped with pain coping skills. So I don't think it is (from a suffering point of view) the hardest type to be.
I also happen to think that 5s and 1s, because of their logical nature may have an easier pass, as they can distantiate themselves from pain with more ease. 5s more than 1s, I presume.
as someone with 6 in the tritype I can relate to the horrible anxiety. Its like being afraid everything is gonna take your security away. XD

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
as someone with 6 in the tritype I can relate to the horrible anxiety. Its like being afraid everything is gonna take your security away. XD

I'm a 468 myself. I acknowledge where you are coming from.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Old thread, and I feel like I may have posted here long ago, but I don't think one could ever pin down what type is the "hardest" to be. Everybody is an individual and experiences their own struggles differently. Differently is the word. What is hard for a 2 isn't hard for a 5, and what is hard for a 5 isn't hard for a 8. Comparing the struggles of one type to another isn't like comparing Gala apples to Granny Smith...it's like comparing Gala apples to boxed macaroni. Two completely different planes of existence.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Old thread, and I feel like I may have posted here long ago, but I don't think one could ever pin down what type is the "hardest" to be. Everybody is an individual and experiences their own struggles differently. Differently is the word. What is hard for a 2 isn't hard for a 5, and what is hard for a 5 isn't hard for a 8. Comparing the struggles of one type to another isn't like comparing Gala apples to Granny Smith...it's like comparing Gala apples to boxed macaroni. Two completely different planes of existence.

How to compare a gala apple with a box of macaroni and cheese ;)

Gala Apple (120 g)
Calories: 80
Saturated fat: 0 g
Total fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Potassium 113 mg
Total Carbs 25 g
Sugars: 14 g
Protein: 0g

Retrieved from: Calories in Gala Apple (120 G) Red Apple (Medium) - Calories and Nutrition Facts | MyFitnessPal.com

Box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
Calories: 1387
Total fat: 41.6 g
Saturated fat: 23.76g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3.264g
Monunsaturated fat: 10.314g
Cholesterol: 93mg
Sodium: 2820mg
Potassium: 475mg
Total Carbohydrate: 194.91g
Dietary Fiber: 10.9g
Sugars: 8.8g
Protein: 54.84g

Retrieved from: Calories in 1 Kraft box yields of Macaroni or Noodles with Cheese (Boxed Mix with Cheese Sauce) and Nutrition Facts

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
How to compare a gala apple with a box of macaroni and cheese ;)

Gala Apple (120 g)
Calories: 80
Saturated fat: 0 g
Total fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Potassium 113 mg
Total Carbs 25 g
Sugars: 14 g
Protein: 0g

Retrieved from: Calories in Gala Apple (120 G) Red Apple (Medium) - Calories and Nutrition Facts | MyFitnessPal.com

Box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
Calories: 1387
Total fat: 41.6 g
Saturated fat: 23.76g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3.264g
Monunsaturated fat: 10.314g
Cholesterol: 93mg
Sodium: 2820mg
Potassium: 475mg
Total Carbohydrate: 194.91g
Dietary Fiber: 10.9g
Sugars: 8.8g
Protein: 54.84g

Retrieved from: Calories in 1 Kraft box yields of Macaroni or Noodles with Cheese (Boxed Mix with Cheese Sauce) and Nutrition Facts

You know, I honestly missed this comparison and I'm not sure how. Good work :laugh:

The like option is apparently not working right now but as others say I think there isn't necessarily a type that is the hardest to be as each type can suffer difficulties in ways specific to them on top of what life has put on their plates as individuals. Everyone's existence is a combination of challenges.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always imagined 1s and 4s to have the hardest time.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to admit that I've only read a couple of posts on this thread but here is my opinion: I think 6 is a really hard type to be. They suffer from anxiety and many sorts of phobias, feel strong need for security, tend to always be fearful of disaster and worst case scenarios. These things are really draining and hard to deal with. All of the 6 profile seem quite painful.
I assume that many people in this thread said that 4s have it the hardest, but I personally doubt it. 4s tend to find beauty and sadness and even in pain. Of course they aren't (generally speaking) masochists, but they are well equipped with pain coping skills. So I don't think it is (from a suffering point of view) the hardest type to be.
I also happen to think that 5s and 1s, because of their logical nature may have an easier pass, as they can distantiate themselves from pain with more ease. 5s more than 1s, I presume.

I agree with this. I'm currently on medication for anxiety

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think every enneagram type is gonna have their own struggle and based on what group they are in is how MUCH they struggle, or what values they hold.

My personal belief? The peace loving types like 9 or 2.
Do they have a huge struggle living? Maybe not so much. But the fact is we live in a world where the most assertive people get their way and a world that seems to thrive in conflict. They want peace and calm so much they often fear standing for what they really believe in if it doesn't mix in with everything else and they won't confront people with problems. That is just hell, at least to me. I have trouble ignoring any issue. I relate to their struggle with a desire for peace though. I find conflict very overwhelming and have more trouble dealing with it than other people.
There is also the reality of they get walked. all. over.
People abuse what they can use, as horrible as it sounds. Makes you become a hermit just so you aren't used anymore...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type your not good at is the hardest...the logical formula

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, 5's are very good at distancing ourselves from pain, but that is not the same as addressing it, and often less beneficial in the end.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, 5's are very good at distancing ourselves from pain, but that is not the same as addressing it, and often less beneficial in the end.

As "hard" goes, I don't think they have it the hardest. Yes, they may suppress everything and once in a while things can blow up, but I think 5s can handle it pretty well, compared to other types.

KitchenFly

Level 8-9 of the levels of development for any person regardless of what point passion and instinctual lenses they maybe viewing though is the hardest predicament for self lost in pain.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being human is pain in and of itself. Also, hilariously characteristic of all the 4's in this thread to claim that they are the ones who suffer the most. :D

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Having an easy life has more to do with social class than Etype. But pessimistic people (4, 6, 8) will be the most likely to be excluded from the upper class, because the upper class doesn't like pessimism. It's a cultural consequence.

Maybe Eights have the hardest life. Most Eights I know or have known tend to be socially isolated. Most people don't like pushy people. I do like pushy people because they're not likely to be liars or cowards.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tested as 6 a few times, but its definately not me. I am a 5w6, and I not only can acheive stability, but I make progress in my life at a leizurely pace.

I can see why people woukd say its the hardest type to be though. But I really don't think we should be making it a pissing contest.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Having an easy life has more to do with social class than Etype. But pessimistic people (4, 6, 8) will be the most likely to be excluded from the upper class, because the upper class doesn't like pessimism. It's a cultural consequence.

Maybe Eights have the hardest life. Most Eights I know or have known tend to be socially isolated. Most people don't like pushy people. I do like pushy people because they're not likely to be liars or cowards.

I'm an eight. I am far from pessimistic. I am also not pushy. Trusted and competent leaders do not need to be.
Life has been quite difficult-nothing I can't handle-but it's all been due to situations I had no control over.
( Sounds like an eight redflag to me)
This is why I believe that this question is pointless; I was not an 8 before I was born. I grew into an eight, probably from having to deal with many hardships on my own and a growing distrust of other people along the way. I think in general that life experience creates the Enneagram, not the other way around.

I tested as 6 a few times, but its definately not me. I am a 5w6, and I not only can acheive stability, but I make progress in my life at a leizurely pace.

I can see why people would say its the hardest type to be though. But I really don't think we should be making it a pissing contest.

I can only see asking this question if we are talking purely about perspective. I think if you asked " Which type MAKES life harder for themselves" we could actually discuss it

ex
Does a one's obsession with perfectionism mean that they have a hard time getting things done at all?
Is a 4's focus on how they are seen by other people keep them from truly being themselves?
Maybe a 6 demand for comfort means that they fall apart at the slightest inconvenience.

Even still, I personally don't want to hear people whine about problems caused by their own petty complexes. Human beings are capable of growth after all.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can only see asking this question if we are talking purely about perspective. I think if you asked " Which type MAKES life harder for themselves" we could actually discuss it

ex
Does a one's obsession with perfectionism mean that they have a hard time getting things done at all?
Is a 4's focus on how they are seen by other people keep them from truly being themselves?
Maybe a 6 demand for comfort means that they fall apart at the slightest inconvenience?

Even still, I personal don't want to hear people whine about problems caused by their own petty complexes. Human beings are capable of growth after all.

Spoken like a true 8. :p It's only a problem if you allow it to be. More people need to realize thought patterns are imaginary cages we put ourselves in and tell ourselves the outsude is full of monsters. You can step outside of them at any time, but choose not to. Sure its not easy because its scary, but facing that leads to growth.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Spoken like a true 8. :p It's only a problem if you allow it to be. More people need to realize thought patterns are imaginary cages we put ourselves in and tell ourselves the outsude is full of monsters. You can step outside of them at any time, but choose not to. Sure its not easy because its scary, but facing that leads to growth.

I suppose it is.

I don't like being caged in. I'd rather face the monsters. I'm pretty sure they'll break before I do.

...more eight talk, or is that the 7 wing?

I bet sevens have the easiest time. Everything is just a big damned joke to them.