• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Separating Instinctual Variant desires from Core-type desires

S

Stansmith

How do you do it? I feel like So/Sx desires scream phobic-6w7 and sp-dom looks like the competency triad.

I've gone through confusion as far as what my core type is because of this. I think about groups and being liked alot like a core 6w7, but I'm not sure it comes from a desire to feel safe.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do so by comparing and contrasting different 6w7s :shrug:

In my case, I feel I'm quite different from sp-dom 4s who are a lot more 'this is how I want it and how I see things, and I'm not ashamed of saying so' than I am, whereas so-dom 4s seem to be a lot smoother than me in navigating the masses to get to where they wanna go.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see the instincts as developing in relation to the core type. So an sp 6 and an sp 2 would have their instinctual drives focused differently. I think it's best to focus on core type, and then from there consider how the fixation plays out (which area your drive is focused).

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One way that I have found to be reliable is to go by core motivations--which set of issues sparks off your 6ness?

You do have to be careful not read about blindspots and stackings and stuff and arbitrarily assign yourself the one that sounds most "like" you--many introverts assign themselves sp/sx right away because they hear that sp's are "withdrawn" and sx's "like one-to-one" communications.

So, ask yourself what set of issues results MOST in a 6ish reaction. Social status, politics, hierarchy, etc? Intimate relationships? Food, health, housing, future resources, etc? You know the instincts already. ;)