• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which wing of each of the core types to do you like better?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1: 1w9. much more chill than their w2 cousins with a respectable, fatherly sort of energy that commands authority without having to do much. 1w2s are too superego-heavy, pushy and critical of mundane details. additionally, 1w9 has one of the best confrontation styles because they don't freak out (like a head center type), becoming overly aggressive (like an 8 fixer), become avoidant (like a 9 fixer) or become too emotional. typically they will try to reason with you but stand their ground. if you continue, they simply punish you rather than losing their temper most of the time.
2: 2w3. they're so damn charming! male 2w3s have this bizarre combination of tough guy + cute that seldom fails to draw me in. they tend to demand lots of attention, but I don't mind giving it to them if I like them XD (unless they disintegrate to 8....then they need to fucking die). 2w1 is too goody-2-shoes and "come on guys! let's save all the starving people in ___!" (2s as a whole are hit and miss with me. I either want to bang them or murder them)
3: 3w4. I admire their sense of poise, quiet pride, elitism and competence. they tend to have a killer fashion sense too which I admiree
4: 4w3. 4w5s seem too hostile and stand-offish (they can look almost 8-ish sometimes, like they're tormented and about to lash out at someone), healthy 4w3s are more ambitious, saucy and charismatic, so they win this one.
5: 5w6. more competent, more pragmatic and less prone to the nihilistic philosopher tendencies of 5w4.
6: 6w7. I love their endearing vulnerability and goofy sense of humor. even the counterphobic ones have a certain cuteness to them most of the time.
7: close call, but 7w6 wins out, simply because they're less likely to be a provocative dick (though 7w8s who aren't are great). 7w6 is someone you can almost always have a good time with (even though the more jittery tendencies of 7w6(sw6w5) can be annoying)
8: 8w7. more grandiose, ambitious, talkative and adventurous. 8w9s seem less likely to want to engage in lively conversation (they usually look at me like "when is this thing going to shut up?"
9: 9w1. 9w1s are more nurturing easier to bond with

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 for sure... They are super cool and relate-able, and it is good to have one in your life.
2w3 is fun... The only bro who will let you cry on their shoulder during hard times... And the girls... Oh my god...
3w4... Yay for me... Something you said "Quiet pride"... I consider it to be a more open pride ;) We are elitist and competent though...
4w3... So far we agree on everything... Most of my GFs are 4w3 or 2w3... I like both...
5w6... I don't hang out with many 5s, but 6s are really cool.
6w7... The greatest bro ever... Loyal, trustworthy, and love a good time...
7w8... They're like whirlwinds, but if you can keep up, they're a really good time
8w7... 8w9s, like you said, are too calculating and cold... They're easier with the cooler, lighthearted wing.
9w1... I love being around them. There is some special 9w1 attitude towards life that feels like a weight off my shoulders whenever they're around. :shock:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't tend to have strong preferences between the two wings, so these answers are based on which types I have gotten along with better in the past.

1 - I generally prefer 1w2s since they tend to be more socially-oriented than I am and have interesting perspectives on things.

2 - I haven't met many 2w1s, but a lot of 2w3s can be quite charming and caring when they are healthy.

3 - I have a love/hate relationship with 3s, especially 3w2s. We don't have too much in common in terms of how we perceive our image, but it's a nice contrast. 3w4s are too similar yet intimidating.

4 - 4w5s, definitely. w3s tend to be more competitive and... dramatic. (As am I sometimes, but that's part of why we don't mesh well.) I have had interesting and deep conversations with some online 4w5s.

5 - I don't have a strong preference, but the 5w4s I've seen online have been nice to talk to.

6 - I don't have a strong preference, but probably 6w7 since they're generally more sociable (especially when not counterphobic). 6w5 is probably another type too similar to me for me to get along with very well.

7 - I'd rather be a 7w8 but talk to a 7w6. 7w6s have been a lot of fun.

8 - 8w9s, the 8 with an assertive wing can be a bit much for me.

9 - No preference at all, I just love being around 9s in general. A lot of them have had balanced wings. I would say 9w1 if I had to choose, though.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
1w9 (not as aggressive), 2w1 (more down to earth), 3w2 (friendlier), 4w5 (like me), 5w4 (more sensitive), 6w5 (not sure why), 7w6 (less aggressive), 8w9 (8w7s are overwhelming to me), 9w? (all Nines are cool)

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1: 1w9. More passive, seem to have a stronger line to 4 to some reason which gives them a certain edge. 1w2s can be a bit too meddling in other people's business, 1w9s seem to keep to themselves more. They're tougher on themselves and tend to lack that, "holier than thou" vibe.

2: 2w3. Flamboyant, amiable, tend to get along with most. A certain enthusiasm akin to 7s. 2w1s are alright, but have some similar problems 1w2s have and lack the 2w3s "zest".

3: 3w2s, though 3w4s aren't bad either. 3w2s tend to be pretty friendly, while also keeping an objective look on things. It can definitely depend on tritype, but they tend to be a very easygoing, charismatic type overall.

4: 4w3s. 4w3s tend to be more relatable and have more of a self deprecating edge to them, rather than 4w5s who have a more stern, standoffish and nihilistic feel to them. I think it's that attachment edge that softens them up a bit.

5: I don't love 5s frankly, but I'd say 5w4s. A little ironic given the answer for 4s, but 5w4s have more an emotionality to them, an idealism and wistfulness. 5w6s tend to fit the "intellectual snob" archetype, more impersonal and biting.

6: 6w7 over 6w5 for the reasons above. But 6w7s are a pretty pleasant type overall-goofy, relatable, giving, a healthy "headiness." Sx blind 6w7s especially seem like more head-y, nervous energy 9s.

7: 7w6s. Double head type + positive outlook for the win. Intellectually stimulating, curious, upbeat, keeps you on your toes. 7s tend to be a more emotionally detached type given being a positive head type. But why I like 7w6s so much is that they still remain emotionally detached while also having a certain depth to them giving that they seem to have a stronger line to 1.

8: 8w9s. I don't dislike 8w7s, but 8w9s I find fascinating. They seem to feel more guilt over their anger and are more in touch with how to deal with it and what triggers it. They just seem to channel it in a more healthy way than 8w7s, which tend to use it more rashly. Skillet's "Monster", when I'm around 8w9s that song starts playing in my head. 8w9s also seem to have a stronger line to 2 and a stronger line to 5 as well. They have your back.

9: 9w8. 9w1s aren't bad, but can be a bit stubborn and unambitious. They just don't really draw me in. 9w8s for me are very grounded and tend to be pleasantly ambiverted. Casual, with a fun-lovingness similar to that of 7s. Some are more hardworking and tough than fun-loving, but those ones are cool to be around as well.

yubih

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1w2, they are more empathetic and less strict with people
2w1, they are a little bit more rational and less meddling
3w4, they are less invasive of personal space and pushy compared to 3w2s I've met
I have no real preference for 4s
5w4, while still being detached they are somewhat easier to connect with emotionally and in general they appear to be more interesting people for me
6w7, I find them to be quite balanced actually
7w6 for the same reason as 6w7s
8w9, they're calmer and more posed compared to 8w7
9w8, I find that they can face situations directly and speak up more easily compared to most 9w1s I've met that tend to bottle things up and be passive aggressive or just give you the silent treatment

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This post will have a fuckton of generalizations, but here we go.

1w2: While they tend to be more meddlesome than 1w9s, they're also less cold, and trust me, I have enough ice for the both of us. Hypothetically, the 2 wing would also make them more likely to put their words into actions.
2w3: Super image-oriented but they can be really helpful and interesting, from my observations. Though I don't have much of a preference.
3w2: I'm way too competitive with 3w4s and we have too much in common. w2s tend to be a lot more personable, and again, less cold.
4w5: I'm way too competitive with 4w3s. Obviously I would have a lot in common with a w5 as well, but they tend to be less openly image-oriented.
5w4: w6 is another cold type. Pretty much the stereotypical intellectual. Which I get along with just fine, but w4s tend to be more artsy... also there are some really good 5w4 musicians out there.
6w7: The intersection of 5/6 is cold as fuck. When phobic, w7s tend to be funny and self-deprecating, I think of Chandler Bing (which may be annoying to some people, but whatever). When counterphobic, I would generally prefer w5s because they have the more withdrawn side; however, I'd like to avoid other counterphobic people as much as possible.
7w6: While I wish I were a 7w8 personally, I get along with w6s pretty well. Less independent and assertive, but still with the fun-loving idealism.
8w9: I'm afraid of an assertive type with an assertive wing. Also, the w9 would mellow the type pretty well.
9w8: I have no real preference for 9s because I've gotten along with almost every 9 I've met, but I completely agree with [MENTION=38618]Saturnal Snowqueen[/MENTION] saying that w8s tend to be grounded and ambiverted, yet casual, and with a lot of intriguing personality variance.

Edit: I just realized I've posted in this thread back in December and it's interesting how similar my answers are.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1 - 1w9: Probably because they are my type neighbor, generally I find them to be more reasonable. More quietly self righteous.
2 - 2w1: I generally don't get along well with either 2, but 2 and 3 together can be exhibitionist in a way I find especially difficult to get along with even if 2w1 tends to be a bit righteous.
3 - 3w4: Generally speaking I have a very back and forth relationship with both 3s, 3w4 tends to be a bit more relatable to my temperament superficially and also tend to be a bit more self aware than 3w2 (even if they're elitists, which I typically have somewhat of a problem with). 3w2 also tends to want to do everything for you and can be a bit meddlesome for my taste
4 - 4w3: Generally speaking I don't know any 4s on a personal level (to my knowledge of course) that I've ever gotten along with or have spoken to in depth other than a couple of people on line and a 4w3 I know irl.... 4w3 then because they're the only one's I've really interacted with.
5 - 5w6: I grate pretty bad with 5w4 (cores; fixes typically are quite likable by comparison) primarily, except if they possess some level of 9 influence whereas I haven't really had much trouble with 5w6. 5w4 tends to come along with a certain arrogance and elitism that I have difficulty tolerating.
6 - 6w5: I don't really have a preference and really haven't formed many close relationships with 6, w5 tends to be a bit more decisive and intellectually stimulating to me.
7 - 7w6: 7w6's are so cute, me and 7w8's clash pretty hard because I'm often a bit stiff for them. I generally don't like the id triad in general so it's tough to deal with a double id type for me whereas 7w6 will just talk forever about their interests which is engaging.
8 - 8w9: I don't like it when 7 and 8 combine in general, but the more I recognize 8w9s in my life the more I realize I actually quite like 8w9.
9 - 9w1: Not a strong preference (I tend to like them both), but w8's tend to be a bit lazier for my taste I guess.

Jai

Enneagram
V
Oversimplification Speedrun

1w9: I'm not a fan of the intrusiveness that tends to accompany the w2.

2w1: Less outgoing and attention-seeking than the w3.

3w4: I find them more interesting and less disingenuous than the w2.

4w5: It me, but I also enjoy the more existential tinge as opposed to the competitive w3.

5w4: Less difficult to connect to than the w6.

6w5: Minimal real preference.

7w6: Less aggressive and more friendly than the w8.

8w9: Less in my face and controlling than the w7.

9w1: I sorta like the uptightness that's more present than in the w8.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1w2 - w9s are far too dry and sedated. 1w9s double up with my general dryness too much- we would not have fun, at all, not because we'll dislike each other but because we'd both be far too serious.

2w1 - warmth, combined with responsibility and being principled. Reliable. Can need a lot of reassurance but it's a small price to pay for the kind of attention they give others in their life and the dedication that seems to come automatically.

3w2 - similarly to 1w9, w4s will 'double up' with me too much. w4 doesn't add as much emotionality (or warmth) as w2 does in 3s. w4 brings that almost snobbish elitism in there that I will especially not at all be able to stand in a juvenile-minded 3.

4w5 - 4s are intense enough as is. I wouldn't be able to relate or keep up (bear with) with a w3, there has to be a 5 in there.

5wx - hard to choose. w6s have that severe 'double up' syndrome, but w4s are far too passive. w6s are incredibly similar to me, which is both and upside and downside.

6w5 - 10/10 would recommend OOOOOOOOOOOHH THEIR INTELLECTUALISM FOR DAAAAAAAAAYS

7wx - hard to choose, but not the same way 5wx is. It's hard to choose because I don't know which of the two is more unbearable.

8w9 - 8s need to calmato in general. w7 will be far too high-energy for me, it boils down to that.

9w8 - same as 1w9, too 'sterile' and dry. w8 adds that edge of humanity- my experiences with w1s have been that at their worst, they are stalwart, but overly philosophical, wishy washy moralists that I can't stand.

(Side note I find it a bit hilarious backreading my own list that it's mostly me dragging each type (except for 6w5) instead of appreciating them)