• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] How do your non-Core types in your trifix manifest?

S

Stansmith

What traits from your non-core trifix types have you noticed in yourself?

My 6-core (along with so/sx), makes me seek a sense of belonging, but my 3w4 fix also adds a desire to be seen as distinguishedbo to the people in those groups. I want to be seen as the guy with the best sense of style, consistent looks/grooming, the best taste, etc. and I sort of enjoy showing off or simply knowing when I'm doing something important that everyone else isn't. I think about surface level self-improvement for it's own sake all the time too. My demeanor is also pretty aloof and Ken Doll-ish according to other people until I open my mouth, in which case it becomes clear that I'm a phobic 6w7 :D I'm basically a smooth neurotic. I also tend to walk with my head up high looking straight ahead "disregarding" others like I'm on some sort of mission when I'm really going grocery shopping.

As for 1w9, my body language is sort of "clenched". I sit on the train like an old anal-retentive INTJ reading a newspaper while drinking a starbucks.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7w6 wants adventure and fun, yet is somewhat cautious…
2w1 wants to be helpful, but can be overly perfectionistic when doing so…
9w1 wants peace an harmony, but can be perfectionistic to the point of causing chaos…

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 4w5, so my central and most difficult issues have revolved around my sense of being different, strange, and an outsider. I've struggled with feeling "left out", like there is something secretly "wrong" with me, and the sense that everyone else is out having a great life while I'm brooding in the corner, bored and friendless.

8w9--Could actually be 8w7, given that I identify a lot more with 7 than 9. I fit the 8w9 description better, though, but I admit that this could simply be due to the fact that it comes out through my withdrawn exterior.

Ruminations aside, it's my next fix, and it pretty much takes over my entire thinking. Most people don't really see it IRL, but it's in there in a fairly textbook capacity. Basically, it nullifies some of the finer points of E4--like I hate to think of myself as being "emotional", "romantic", and "sensitive" even when this is obvious to others. I'm rather warlike for a likely INFP, I don't suffer fools gladly, and I'm driven to prevail. I've had a lifelong aversion to "weakness" and the thought of someone else protecting me sets off a wave of defiance. I have a pragmatic, "beat the odds", pwn-people-at-their-own-game streak and could probably run a country or a big business. There's a bunch of other stuff, too, but that's off the top of my head.

6w5--My last fix. It's good for finding holes and problems, which actually led to me having trouble typing myself (I thought 6 could be the core). I'm good at critical thinking, and I don't really like not accounting for uncertainties in major operations I undertake. I have a legalistic mind (for a 4, I'd make a great lawyer) and I cover all bases. It probably also makes that whole "I'M NOT WEAK!!!" thing worse.

Anyway, I guess that makes me triple reactive, though mostly I'm a quiet lil shadow on the wall. I don't just walk around spewing invective or anything.

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w5 makes me a depressive weirdo hermit
7 makes me an escapist, ADD ditz
9 makes me conflict avoidant and lazy

Bam!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm pretty sure about my Enneagram type but I don't really know what this trifix thing is, so I took a quick test and got 4w5, 5w4, and 9w1, which I suppose is accurate.

4w5 core -- same old stuff, as we all know it...
5w4 -- I think I have a pretty strong 5 wing, so this is not surprising. This is pretty much the same as my core type, except that maybe I can appear 5-ish and get a lot of emotional satisfaction out of knowing things. I guess this makes me very reserved in expressing my emotions. No one in real life would guess I'm a 4.
9w1 -- I hate conflicts, until someone violates one of my principles, then I can become rather ruthless.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I often test as 873.
the 7 behaves much like my 7 wing. Causes a thirst for adventure and make's me a basketcase if I don't every so often remind myself to sit down and meditate to gather my thoughts.
I'm still debating if I have a 4 or 3 fix. If I have a 3 fix its probably indicated by my somewhat exhibitionistic tendencies which I associate more with Sx/So anyway. Or, it could be my "search for myself," as I often lose track of who I am in the name of seeing other people happy. I could also have a 2 fix. I don't even know.

Trifixes are gay

Tomb1

What traits from your non-core trifix types have you noticed in yourself?

My 6-core (along with so/sx), makes me seek a sense of belonging, but my 3w4 fix also adds a desire to be seen as distinguishedbo to the people in those groups. I want to be seen as the guy with the best sense of style, consistent looks/grooming, the best taste, etc. and I sort of enjoy showing off or simply knowing when I'm doing something important that everyone else isn't. I think about surface level self-improvement for it's own sake all the time too. My demeanor is also pretty aloof and Ken Doll-ish according to other people until I open my mouth, in which case it becomes clear that I'm a phobic 6w7 :D I'm basically a smooth neurotic. I also tend to walk with my head up high looking straight ahead "disregarding" others like I'm on some sort of mission when I'm really going grocery shopping.

As for 1w9, my body language is sort of "clenched". I sit on the train like an old anal-retentive INTJ reading a newspaper while drinking a starbucks.

Hello again. Your post once again indicates to me that you are indeed a medium temp 3w4 image fixer...

not every 3w4 fixer strikes a pose to court attention like that...just the mediums.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find trifix pointless, but I'll play. My core type pretty much explains as much as any theory could possibly be expected to explain a personality.

Head fix - 5w4
Life seems to take too much energy. When dealing with roadblocks, I feel very unmotivated to do much about them at all. I tend to just escape into fantasy & theories & knowledge that has nothing to do with real life or solving my actual problems. I tend to "problem-solve" with these fantasies and my own pet theories, but it's really just blocking out reality & hoping it will go away. I tend to trust this over my real life experience, and I find reasons to invalidate real life experience. I have trouble understanding the simple things others engage in easily, and need little theories to figure out how to do common sense stuff (ie. making friends, getting your oil changed, etc). I realized awhile ago that a huge chunk of my shyness is that I can't be bothered to exert the energy to care, not so much an anxiety over humiliating myself (although that is there too, but most of it was based on "I don't know what I'm doing", but even now that I do, I still don't care to act on it).

Gut fix - 1w9
I definitely have a mini & pissed off ESTJ within. That should say it all. In case it doesn't, then basically I can be self-righteous, perfectionistic, & very critical of those close to me. I'm "above" a lot of things. I hate this goody-good side of me, but it's there. Supposedly, if I could get past this distaste for it or viewing it as counter to my ideal self, then I could integrate the good 1 stuff & actually be closer to my ideal self.

Last edited:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w3: basically i want to be fun, melodramatic and sparkling company to be with.
7w8: makes me pound my chest like a gorilla out of boredom. makes me more playful, that i want to cause reactions with my melodrama and intellect play.
suspected 9w1: makes me feel like i lack identity, self compromising, cant follow my own will, will spend time with others even to the point where im extremely frustrated. and basically inability to get out of routines that seem safe.

B

brainheart

6w7- When I get depressed or anxious my mind starts spinning. I begin to question everything and become plagued by lots of self doubt. I'm also pretty loyal.

1w2- I feel guilty when I don't recycle or when I step on an ant, even if it's an accident. I can find myself ranting about how little people think about the cause and effect of their actions. I will go up to random strangers and give them lectures when they are doing something I consider wrong, like feeding an orangutan at the zoo popcorn (which I'm sure seems innocuous/benign to most people). It's like the rage within my builds and I have no control over my actions and I just have to express my feelings. It's crazy powerful. But as I said, I lecture vs yell. I can become extraordinarily critical of others as well as myself. Annoyingly nit picky and fault-finding.

This all, however, can also be explained by my being a Fi-dom, the connection of four to one, and inferior Te.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find trifix pointless, but I'll play. My core type pretty much explains as much as any theory could possibly be expected to explain a personality.

Head fix - 5w4
Life seems to take too much energy. When dealing with roadblocks, I feel very unmotivated to do much about them at all. I tend to just escape into fantasy & theories & knowledge that has nothing to do with real life or solving my actual problems. I tend to "problem-solve" with these fantasies and my own pet theories, but it's really just blocking out reality & hoping it will go away. I tend to trust this over my real life experience, and I find reasons to invalidate real life experience. I have trouble understanding the simple things others engage in easily, and need little theories to figure out how to do common sense stuff (ie. making friends, getting your oil changed, etc). I realized awhile ago that a huge chunk of my shyness is that I can't be bothered to exert the energy to care, not so much an anxiety over humiliating myself (although that is there too, but most of it was based on "I don't know what I'm doing", but even now that I do, I still don't care to act on it).

Gut fix - 1w9
I definitely have a mini & pissed of ESTJ within. That should say it all. In case it doesn't, then basically I can be self-righteous, perfectionistic, & very critical of those close to me. I'm "above" a lot of things. I hate this goody-good side of me, but it's there. Supposedly, if I could get past this distaste for it or viewing it as counter to my ideal self, then I could integrate the good 1 stuff & actually be closer to my ideal self.

but but... don't you have a heart? :cry:

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Glycerine

3w4 makes me image focused but with a strong individualist streak/somewhat hidden emo side.

5w6 makes me detach when shit gets too serious. intelletualize the heck out of my problems and figure out the solutions to them/gain understanding. I have a calm directness/ bluntness and cynical/paranoid streak. There's a possibility that my head type could be 6w5 but I have a hard time believing that I am a "triple merging" type.

9w8 makes somewhat easy-going and diplomatic but I have been told that I have a certain groundedness/realness to me.

Plus, having two introverted types in my tritype could explain why people think I am INFJ (also, I have an alpha male ESFJ ex-military officer for a dad and I learned a long time that I didn't want our Fe to create WWIII).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

1w9 fix
- gives me a more paternal quality.
- increased connection to the competency triad
- brings down the energy some. I come off as a lot more chill than most 7w6s
- brings a sense of seriousness not found in either ENFP or 7w6
- more emphasis on personal responsibility lessens the narcissistic leanings of 7 (ironic, given 7's line to 1 brings MORE narcissism lol)
- prone to getting into politic discussion, but generally get flustered and leave (as opposed to 1w2 fixers, who will keep debating for hours lol)
- occasionally hard on myself

3w4 fix
- more results oriented emphasis
- more poise/self control than most 7s
- more polished, professional image
- increases the elitist tendencies of 7

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm i just beginning to pay attention to my tritype

and i'm not sure about wings but my guess is that it would be 7w6 2w3 9w8

i think most of the time when it's just me...i'm a 7w6 i live in my world of ideas, excitement, positivity and anxiety- analyzing, theorizing, planing etc

in relationships i think i can be twoish in the way that when i do decide to do some loving gesture i often over do it...like make you breakfast with smoothies in chilled, sugar rimmed glasses garnished with fruit and my amazing parmesan garlic eggs with french toast and sausage and fruit...or something like that...

i don't just make breakfast...or just buy you a shirt or just pick any restaurant...i mean depending on my financial situation of course...(freelance photographer haha) but i like to spoil people...that's just how i like to do it.

also i think i genuinely care deeply about making the other person happy. i want them to feel completely loved and love their reflection in my eyes. i want to show them all their beauty if they can't see it. i want them to feel strong and proud of who they are.

the weak part of that influence i believe...is that if i'm terribly raw and open about it is that there's that fear deep down that no one will ever love me that completely.

when it comes to conflict... i think i can be 9ish...i prefer peace...i often play the peacemaker when others can't see each others perspective. i prefer peace in my relationships...i like to merge and be all easy going and content with someone but i have a temper...not in some mean scary way but instead of being passive aggressive. i'll handle it straight on and tell you exactly how i feel...passionately...at times haha

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Heart - 4w5
Gives me introspection, imagination, sensitivity, a dark streak, insight in the human condition, weirdness

Head - 5w4
Makes me emotionally distant and a borderline recluse
Instils an endless curiosity about things that no one else would stop to even think about
Creates an inclination to over-think everything and to disconnect from the moment
Allows me to intellectualise even my emotions
Leads me to bury my head in the sand on a regular basis in order to avoid dealing with uncomfortable issues/situations
Allows me to be highly entertained for hours just by examining an atlas, or going on (what I like to call) a 'Wikipedia journey'
Makes me a nerd, a know-it-all, and very pushy quiz team member

Gut - 1w9
Instils a fascination with moral philosophy
Creates an idealistic need to (theoretically) solve all the world's problems
Gives me a perfectionistic streak
Gives me a temper and a general irritability that I'm always trying to keep under wraps
Makes me bossy and annoyingly self-righteous at times
Compels me to obnoxiously correct people when they get song lyrics wrong
Leads me to lecture everyone on the importance and relative ease of recycling, every time they throw away a soft drink bottle
Makes me a grammar nazi and compels me to edit my posts way too many times (seriously, I've lost count on this one)

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w3: I want to seen as amazing and wonderful to make up for how fucked up I really am.

7w6: Adventure! Excitement! Wanderlust! And I become reckless when I'm sad.

8w9: Don't fuck with me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My 4dw makes me gloomy, moody, but also think about things, like who I am, who I want to become and how to bring beauty into the world and create stuff. It helps me navigate other peoples moods and help them see the light at the end of the tunnel. It also makes me slightly competitive at times which is unsettling to my 9 :D

My 9w1 I use mostly in groups. When there is too many voices to go deeper in on, I'll go to peace keeping mode instead of investigative causal research mode with the 4. I'll try to help conflicting parties find common ground and focus on keeping my sanity. This is also the mode that unfortunately keeps me from actually taking action for fear of upsetting a delicate harmonious balance.

My 7w6 I use mostly to blow off steam and to entertain others. It is the word-vomit mode that makes me giddy and crazy for most, funny and quirky for some and allows me to look on the lighter side of life and just be merry. I'll wanna try silly new things, or child-like things - like play with My Little Ponies. I'll also accidentally stumble on the most ingenious ideas when Im like this, kind of like an idiot savant :happy2: