• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would a type ___ convention look like?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Suicide prevention is INFP? Ted Bundy was probably xSFJ. And my ESFJ ex would probably fit your ISFP "art show." So would an ISTJ I know.

You have to factor for functions. Like the Fi heavy ISTJ who seems like a very "creative" or "sensitive" ISFJ.

Or the ESFJ who has had the same list of horror movies since he was eight, checking them off as he goes from a page ripped out of Fangoria Magazine held on to dearly for like 15-20 years. You can't say this emotional terrorist "you're so moody" is an Se or Fi type.

I've seen people talk about ISFPs who looked more like ESFPs, or who just looked like they were passive/stoned beyond reason.

I honestly think you're going to have a hard time spotting SJs, frankly.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
a type 4 convention

images

a type 5 convention
Microsoft-Staff-1978.jpg

a phobic 6 convention
homestuck_next_generation_by_demonoflight-d3l09vo.jpg

a counter phobic 6 convention
liberty.jpg

I am in love with your counterphobic 6 convention! Right on!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Actually, I was at an ENFP convention in Knoxville back during the end of May 2013 and the beggining of June 2013.

Over 10,000 attended…

Destination Imagination…

My team made it to the global championships (every state in the US, every providence in Canada, and 64 countries from 6 continents sent a team this year…) and virtually everyone there was an ENxP. I got a new phone since then, but if I hadn't, I would post some pictures…

Where else do they have these conventions? I wanna come.

this was an interesting exercise to read, but the most interesting thing in this post is how you created a negative picture only of ENFPs and INFPs, which tells me you have some misunderstanding, to say the least, or some jealousy, to get to the point, with Fi/Ne users. Which would not be the first time.

No, I didn't mean any disrespect. I was just saying that ENFP's like to express themselves that's all. They also like to find themselves, if you know what I mean. That's why I suggested the "group therapy session". However yeah, that was an intended troll for INFP's. I'm sorry, but I meet a lot of INFP's that are mentally unhealthy. It seems to be the norm.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I didn't mean any disrespect. I was just saying that ENFP's like to express themselves that's all. They also like to find themselves, if you know what I mean. That's why I suggested the "group therapy session". However yeah, that was an intended troll for INFP's. I'm sorry, but I meet a lot of INFP's that are mentally unhealthy. It seems to be the norm.

:)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where else do they have these conventions? I wanna come.

I think only Knoxville has them, since that is where the global championships are held. If you are older than college age, you will need to be a sponsor with a local college…

College level competition is tough, so I'd go with structural challenge or community service challenge since there will be less steps between local competition and global championships.

At the planetary level, Louisiana got 39th place out of 164 teams.

I wonder why the US is by state and other countries are just one team?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An ENFP convention would look like a group therapy session.

YES! :D

Edit: Didn't read all the backlash you got. I think some people should read more ENFP threads on the NF Subforum: "I have this problem..." -> "OMG me too!!!"

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] jailhouse is different. group therapy and suicide prevention give you an idea that ENFPs and INFPs are poor, unadjusted people (=victims). the jailhouse concept is not particularly bright but at least doesn't stereotype ESTPs as being victims, because you'd go there for your direct actions.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
YES! :D

Edit: Didn't read all the backlash you got. I think some people should read more ENFP threads on the NF Subforum: "I have this problem..." -> "OMG me too!!!"

I'm glad that you finally understood where I was going with that comment.

I think only Knoxville has them, since that is where the global championships are held. If you are older than college age, you will need to be a sponsor with a local college…

College level competition is tough, so I'd go with structural challenge or community service challenge since there will be less steps between local competition and global championships.

At the planetary level, Louisiana got 39th place out of 164 teams.

I wonder why the US is by state and other countries are just one team?

How the hell do you guys compete? Scholastically I am guessing? Maybe I can sneak my INTJ brother into the competition and try to sneak him into the competition.

EDIT: Never mind that won't work, they'll know he's not a real ENFP because he has the ability to concentrate on one subject for more than 10 minutes and hates to talk about himself. They'll see right through him.

gromit, Elfboy jailhouse is different. group therapy and suicide prevention give you an idea that ENFPs and INFPs are poor, unadjusted people (=victims). the jailhouse concept is not particularly bright but at least doesn't stereotype ESTPs as being victims, because you'd go there for your direct actions.

Don't give me that crap about it's "typist" to say things like this because you know it's true. ESTP's make the perfect criminals. ESTP's are almost completely present-oriented and often times don't think much about the future, just like most criminals. It's very hard to be a long-term thinker and to be a career criminal because any long term thinker knows that you can't stay in the crime business forever without eventually getting caught. However, since ESTP's rarely ever think about the future, so this doesn't really bother them. In addition, ESTP's almost always are either core 7's or have a strong 7 influence in their tri-type, even if one of their fixes may be 8w7 with a strong 7 wing. ESTP's often have a strong desire for adventure because of this and crime can easily satisfy that desire. ESTP's often times are terrible with delayed gratification as well, and crime offers quick money for them which they like.

Also their functional order makes ESTP's great criminals as well. Se is great at living in the present moment and taking immediate action in the present moment without much thought. This is great for being a criminal because the life of the criminal has so many twists and turns every day, and Se can easily adapt to it and just roll with the punches. Also running from the cops at a moment's notice is also required to be a great criminal and this also requires a good usage of Se. When you are driving down the road at over 100MPH or running through a neighborhood that you don't know and have to take pure action and you have to shimmy up a fence or something, Se is a great function to have. Another great part of being a great criminal is the sales aspect, and the Ti<Fe combo is great for that. Ti<Fe is great for finding the perfect words for describing a product, and is also good at knowing just what buttons to push on someone in order to get them to buy the product.

It is for these reasons that ESTP's make the perfect criminals. I'm not saying that all ESTP's are criminals, in fact many aren't. However given their functional order, they make very good criminals if they choose to pursue that path in life (hopefully they don't though).

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm glad that you finally understood where I was going with that comment.

How the hell do you guys compete? Scholastically I am guessing? Maybe I can sneak my INTJ brother into the competition and try to sneak him into the competition.

EDIT: Never mind that won't work, they'll know he's not a real ENFP because he has the ability to concentrate on one subject for more than 10 minutes and hates to talk about himself. They'll see right through him.

Don't give me that crap about it's "typist" to say things like this because you know it's true. ESTP's make the perfect criminals. ESTP's are almost completely present-oriented and often times don't think much about the future, just like most criminals. It's very hard to be a long-term thinker and to be a career criminal because any long term thinker knows that you can't stay in the crime business forever without eventually getting caught. However, since ESTP's rarely ever think about the future, so this doesn't really bother them. In addition, ESTP's almost always are either core 7's or have a strong 7 influence in their tri-type, even if one of their fixes may be 8w7 with a strong 7 wing. ESTP's often have a strong desire for adventure because of this and crime can easily satisfy that desire. ESTP's often times are terrible with delayed gratification as well, and crime offers quick money for them which they like.

Also their functional order makes ESTP's great criminals as well. Se is great at living in the present moment and taking immediate action in the present moment without much thought. This is great for being a criminal because the life of the criminal has so many twists and turns every day, and Se can easily adapt to it and just roll with the punches. Also running from the cops at a moment's notice is also required to be a great criminal and this also requires a good usage of Se. When you are driving down the road at over 100MPH or running through a neighborhood that you don't know and have to take pure action and you have to shimmy up a fence or something, Se is a great function to have. Another great part of being a great criminal is the sales aspect, and the Ti<Fe combo is great for that. Ti<Fe is great for finding the perfect words for describing a product, and is also good at knowing just what buttons to push on someone in order to get them to buy the product.

It is for these reasons that ESTP's make the perfect criminals. I'm not saying that all ESTP's are criminals, in fact many aren't. However given their functional order, they make very good criminals if they choose to pursue that path in life (hopefully they don't though).

why are you spending so many words on convincing me that ESTPs make the perfect criminals? I never doubted that, it wasn't my point, I just said "at least doesn't stereotype ESTPs as being victims"....I was just using ESTPs as an example to compare to what I was really interested in talking about, ENFPs and INFPs. And I said nothing wrong about ESTPs, much the opposite.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, I was at an ENFP convention in Knoxville back during the end of May 2013 and the beggining of June 2013.

Over 10,000 attended…

Destination Imagination…

My team made it to the global championships (every state in the US, every providence in Canada, and 64 countries from 6 continents sent a team this year…) and virtually everyone there was an ENxP. I got a new phone since then, but if I hadn't, I would post some pictures…

I am going to try to be in again this year...the last year I can ever do it...
I just hope my mother doesn't pull me...
She's already hinted that might be her plan when she called it "imaginary" the other day.
She has a habit of pulling me out of things she thinks is imaginary or that could not possibly "serve a purpose in the real world."