• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] tritype test and...i am a 7 right??!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took this test just now because i was curious what my wings of my tritype were and the freakin thing said i was a 4w3

wtff

anyone else want to take it and see if they get the result they expect?

it's probably not accurate. it was hard for me. one of those ones where none of the answers fit but you just have to pick something.

http://sex-drugs-esp.blogspot.com/2011/06/enneagram-tritype-test-with-wings.html

it said i was 4w3 7w8 9w1

and i was just starting to realize what a 729 i was. have been seeing more 2 in myself lately...weird....or maybe not..

but for the moment i'm entertaining the possibility that i just have a strong 7 fix instead of it being my core type.
i guess...because i do vibe more gwen stefani then robin williams haha

anyone have any thoughts on this? or just want to take a tritype test? :D

Proffesor Crackpot

MBTI Type
~NTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think tests are stupid and you shouldn't trust the results of a test. You should trust yourself and your own conclusions.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...but there is this.
Some 4s think that they must be 7s because they do not have room in their concept of a 4w3 for a pain-avoiding extrovert, which many 4s with a strong wing will find themselves being.

Some 4w3s may feel that because they have strong self-confidence and the need to pull themselves up when they feel bad that they cannot be 4s. But the real concern is with the core fixations of the types, not just the behaviors. But a healthy 4w3 can be very self-confident and desiring to pull themselves out of painful feelings. They are extroverted and incredibly assertive. When healthy they are also positive and action-oriented, always on the move. Other people may even feel threatened by their own sense of personal power. These differences from a how a 4 is typically viewed is why they have been the hardest types to fit in the 4 box. 3w4s are actually quite similar to the 4w3 in these ways. They have the 4ish core issues, but are very pick-themselves-up-and-go and, especially at healthy levels, couldn't see themselves as even able to manifest the depressive self-loathing of the 4s.

you're right though of course professor...but just for the moment since i'm insomniac and can't sleep anyway i'm entertaining the idea of it...because...what if i'm wrong! haha

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mm, i got 7w8, 3w4, 9w8. (and i think i'm 7w8, 4w3, 8wsomething). does that help? i still think you're an 7w6 btw, i just really sense the 2 and 9 in you, as well. just go with your guts :)

ps. you're not a 4, you're seriously not a 4. you've got a bit of a non-chalant humor that i really dont see....i can't really explain it, but i think you're too superficial (7-like) to be a 4 (and i dont mean it in a bad way, sorry)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I consistently get 7w8>8w7>3w4/4w3

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mm, i got 7w8, 3w4, 9w8. (and i think i'm 7w8, 4w3, 8wsomething). does that help? i still think you're an 7w6 btw, i just really sense the 2 and 9 in you, as well. just go with your guts :)

ps. you're not a 4, you're seriously not a 4. you've got a bit of a non-chalant humor that i really dont see....i can't really explain it, but i think you're too superficial (7-like) to be a 4 (and i dont mean it in a bad way, sorry)

thanks..i have a feeling if i was a 4 i might be upset by that haha

but i've just never scored high on 4 so never really entertained the idea. i don't relate to 4. i do not feel identity seeking or envy or any of those things...i don't even feel like "i " reside in my feeling center. i feel like im in my head.

but this has been confusing me. it's trying to tell me that i wouldn't recognize these things because of the way a 3 wants to see themself. :/
http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-4w3-vs-7w6-misidentifying.html

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thanks..i have a feeling if i was a 4 i might be upset by that haha

but i've just never scored high on 4 so never really entertained the idea. i don't relate to 4. i do not feel identity seeking or envy or any of those things...i don't even feel like "i " reside in my feeling center. i feel like im in my head.

but this has been confusing me. it's trying to tell me that i wouldn't recognize these things because of the way a 3 wants to see themself. :/
http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-4w3-vs-7w6-misidentifying.html

lol please tell me which part, i can't read all of this.

one thing that helped me choose 7 instead of 4, when in the beginning i was trying to type myself, was reading something about... how a 4 feels, and instead a 7 will almost automatically take a feeling and transform it into a mental analysis, like: "oh i was dumped", to "i feel bad", cut to imagining a million images in head about romanticism and your past and your future and how you should feel etc. i don't know if you do that, but i do: i actually end up not really living my emotions, but analyzing them in my head...does that make sense to you? i guess i'm afraid to feel....when it happens, and i have no control over it, i sort of panic, so i have to create a mental safenet in my head about how it's ok to feel x because it's in the boundaries of stereotype y or z (of the romantic lover, or something else)

do you still have a vid of you lying around somewhere?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol please tell me which part, i can't read all of this.

one thing that helped me choose 7 instead of 4, when in the beginning i was trying to type myself, was reading something about... how a 4 feels, and instead a 7 will almost automatically take a feeling and transform it into a mental analysis, like: "oh i was dumped", to "i feel bad", cut to imagining a million images in head about romanticism and your past and your future and how you should feel etc. i don't know if you do that, but i do: i actually end up not really living my emotions, but analyzing them in my head...does that make sense to you? i guess i'm afraid to feel....when it happens, and i have no control over it, i sort of panic, so i have to create a mental safenet in my head about how it's ok to feel x because it's in the boundaries of stereotype y or z (of the romantic lover, or something else)

do you still have a vid of you lying around somewhere?

oh yeah sorry i didn't really intend for you to read all that. was just showing what i was reading. the whole misidentification thing.

and...i get all confused because i'm an sx and i can be intense. i can feel intense.

but..i have gone through some seriously emotional things (loss of family etc) and the way i came through it is by analyzing the shit out of it.
not just those times but any time really...i have to intellectually understand it. the greater picture...and i remove myself from it...like that aspect isn't important. i just need to understand the whys of everything...and it doesn't seem to affect me that emotionally once i do. or at least not negatively...and often it helps.

oh and a video....i do...on my other computer i think. at work atm tho

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh yeah sorry i didn't really intend for you to read all that. was just showing what i was reading. the whole misidentification thing.

and...i get all confused because i'm an sx and i can be intense. i can feel intense.

but..i have gone through some seriously emotional things (loss of family etc) and the way i came through it is by analyzing the shit out of it.
not just those times but any time really...i have to intellectually understand it. the greater picture...and i remove myself from it...like that aspect isn't important. i just need to understand the whys of everything...and it doesn't seem to affect me that emotionally once i do. or at least not negatively...and often it helps.

oh and a video....i do...on my other computer i think. at work atm tho

come on, you're a 7, you're correctly typed. dont let 1 stupid test confuse you....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
come on, you're a 7, you're correctly typed. dont let 1 stupid test confuse you....

right...okay...it really is the whole "vibe" thing that's always thrown me. i feel way more chill energy wise. my brain doesn't feel chill but everyone who meets me would say so...i think.

and that's the vibe i get from gwen stefani but whatever yeah stupid test...i really hate tests that make you pick 1-5 how likely unlikely something is. i mean i just can almost never commit to a 5 or a 1...i feel like everything is always either 2 or 3 and that's got to skew things right? just my issues with test taking...in general.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
right...okay...it really is the whole "vibe" thing that's always thrown me. i feel way more chill energy wise. my brain doesn't feel chill but everyone who meets me would say so...i think.

and that's the vibe i get from gwen stefani but whatever yeah stupid test...i really hate tests that make yo pick 1-5 how likely unlikely something is. i mean i just can almost never commit to a 5 or a 1...i feel like everything is always either 2 or 3 and that's got to skew things right? just my issues with test taking...in general.

ahahah thanks, now i have an imagine of stupid blond gwen stefani jumping around singing in colourful fishnets

if you want to know, i didnt even like that test, i thought it was a bit overfocused on the achieving and working part (like, hinting at 3s....and 8s?)...other tests are much more focused on your emotional vulnerabilities, others on relationships with other people....so just take a few and average them i guess.
i think we're both 7s. i totally relate to what you said before about dealing with your emotions when people in your family died etc. i also very clearly see the diff between me being 7w8 and you 7w6. peace, chill out :p

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha i keep saying gwen because thats what was referenced on that site i was reading. the difference between energies of her and robin williams.

okay...chilling out now...maybe i think haha

Starry

I'm not even awake yet.

I've read that blog link you provided before and there was a lot in there I didn't agree with.

I also think Stephani is 7w6 (and according to Google I'm actually not alone on that like I had thought.)

fwiw, when I watch this video...some of her facial expression, etc. it's haunting to me. I have photographs...people have commented on certain facial expressions and shrugs/body language/gestures of mine...the same stuff she does in this video. <--that doesn't really make sense...nor is it why I think she is 7w6...but it still trips me out.

I'll watch this video like 27 times attempting to wake myself up...and then maybe I'll take that test. Although I may have...and may have gotten 4w3 as well. Neither of us are 4w3 though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not even awake yet.

I've read that blog link you provided before and there was a lot in there I didn't agree with.

I also think Stephani is 7w6 (and according to Google I'm actually not alone on that like I had thought.)

fwiw, when I watch this video...some of her facial expression, etc. it's haunting to me. I have photographs...people have commented on certain facial expressions and shrugs/body language/gestures of mine...the same stuff she does in this video. <--that doesn't really make sense...nor is it why I think she is 7w6...but it still trips me out.

I'll watch this video like 27 times attempting to wake myself up...and then maybe I'll take that test. Although I may have...and may have gotten 4w3 as well. Neither of us are 4w3 though.

the video's blocked here unfortunately i'm at work...but oh wow is that a trip. i have experienced the same odd thing with her. i know we have similar expressions and mannerisms...just from the rare times i've seen myself on video in a group setting. trip

and you're right...they don't portray the 7 very well do they?? they basically paint them as having the attention span of a gnat and we can't even find beauty or feel deeply about anything for longer than a few min...

Starry

the video's blocked here unfortunately i'm at work...but oh wow is that a trip. i have experienced the same odd thing with her. i know we have similar expressions and mannerisms...just from the rare times i've seen myself on video in a group setting. trip

and you're right...they don't portray the 7 very well do they?? they basically paint them as having the attention span of a gnat and we can't even find beauty or feel deeply about anything for longer than a few min...

Prior to posting this morning...I swear I was doing searches on her using the surname 'Stephani' with no problem...but I guess her name is actually Stefani. The 'f' notifies me that that is an Italian last name - which I confirmed she is (Italian). And the only reason that matters is because now I'm not quite sure where the similarities I'm noticing are coming from...MBTI or ethnicity. It's a rare occasion I find myself dancing all awesomely in the hull of a submarine film Noir style (oh whoops I attached 'Hella Good' if you still can't see.) But she has some kind of angry/confused face...that causes me to gasp. <--I mean, I have friends that have actually named that same look in me. I have photographs of the same look from when I was like 3 on up. Oh...I could go on and on about other stuff too but whatever...maybe it's just a similar background we share or something.

I rarely find an e7 description that doesn't totally embarrass me. This one was merely worse. I mean, Robin Williams as the ENFP e7 poster child? idk. I guess if I was writing a description for e7s I'd make some sort of notation that Robin Williams is an extreme so/sx example...not like the norm. I've actually been diagnosed with ADD...and yet I apparently have the attention span of a Buddhist monk compared to what is described in most of these e7 write-ups. And yah, I feel especially offended when it is suggested that we don't experience emotions...take everything for granted... <--A part of me wants to say 'I wish!' My theory...at least as it applies to the ENFP e7...is that we feel TOO DAMN MUCH...and yes...in the face of that intensity of feeling we do try to somehow turn things into something positive or at the very least 'meant to be'...because the alternative? If you're like me and it's possible for you to become undone by one terrible news story...what else is there to do?

Anyway, 7w6 sx are supposedly super 4-like.

Edit: Oh and all this ultra-extroverted stuff. Unless people really understand personality theory...people generally assume I'm an introvert.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prior to posting this morning...I swear I was doing searches on her using the surname 'Stephani' with no problem...but I guess her name is actually Stefani. The 'f' notifies me that that is an Italian last name - which I confirmed she is (Italian). And the only reason that matters is because now I'm not quite sure where the similarities I'm noticing are coming from...MBTI or ethnicity. It's a rare occasion I find myself dancing all awesomely in the hull of a submarine film Noir style (oh whoops I attached 'Hella Good' if you still can't see.) But she has some kind of angry/confused face...that causes me to gasp. <--I mean, I have friends that have actually named that same look in me. I have photographs of the same look from when I was like 3 on up. Oh...I could go on and on about other stuff too but whatever...maybe it's just a similar background we share or something.

I rarely find an e7 description that doesn't totally embarrass me. This one was merely worse. I mean, Robin Williams as the ENFP e7 poster child? idk. I guess if I was writing a description for e7s I'd make some sort of notation that Robin Williams is an extreme so/sx example...not like the norm. I've actually been diagnosed with ADD...and yet I apparently have the attention span of a Buddhist monk compared to what is described in most of these e7 write-ups. And yah, I feel especially offended when it is suggested that we don't experience emotions...take everything for granted... <--A part of me wants to say 'I wish!' My theory...at least as it applies to the ENFP e7...is that we feel TOO DAMN MUCH...and yes...in the face of that intensity of feeling we do try to somehow turn things into something positive or at the very least 'meant to be'...because the alternative? If you're like me and it's possible for you to become undone by one terrible news story...what else is there to do?

Anyway, 7w6 sx are supposedly super 4-like.

Edit: Oh and all this ultra-extroverted stuff. Unless people really understand personality theory...people generally assume I'm an introvert.

oh yeah i'm at home now and i know exactly what face you're talking about. that's the face i was talking about too. it's a face i often pull when someone randomly takes my picture idkw haha i guess it's me being all fierce haha joking style of course

and i don't know much about how 4w3's are but my bf is 4w5 and we don't feel very similar in that way. i mean...if we were both 4's i think we'd feel it.

and yeah that 7ness positive stuffs isn't even intentional. it's like primitive instinct...like a person submerged under water coming up for air. and it probably very much is to keep us from feeling pain because we know were not equipped to deal

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I consistently get 2w3 on that one. It seems like 7w6 fits you nicely, though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I consistently get 2w3 on that one. It seems like 7w6 fits you nicely, though.

oh yeah? okay cool...it threw me because i'm not one to really get totally off test results. except for the fact that i always get 7w8 instead of 7w6

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem more 7ish to me.. I always get 5w4 on that test I don't think it's that accurate.

I took this test just now because i was curious what my wings of my tritype were and the freakin thing said i was a 4w3

wtff

anyone else want to take it and see if they get the result they expect?

it's probably not accurate. it was hard for me. one of those ones where none of the answers fit but you just have to pick something.

http://sex-drugs-esp.blogspot.com/2011/06/enneagram-tritype-test-with-wings.html

it said i was 4w3 7w8 9w1

It told me I was 5w6 9w1 3w2

It got the core types correct (I think) but the order and the wings wrong. I currently self-type as 9(w something) 5w4 3w4.

It's really not a very good test. Don't listen to it!

/expert opinion (only not really)

I think you're a 7w6. 729 sounds good to me for tritype, you remind me a bit of [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] and she's the same tritype, I think.