• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] tritype test and...i am a 7 right??!!

Starry

oh yeah i'm at home now and i know exactly what face you're talking about. that's the face i was talking about too. it's a face i often pull when someone randomly takes my picture idkw haha i guess it's me being all fierce haha joking style of course

ha. Okay, then it is ENFP animation. (It's always amazing to me...like such a great feeling...when you hear someone say 'I know exactly what your talking about!')

and i don't know much about how 4w3's are but my bf is 4w5 and we don't feel very similar in that way. i mean...if we were both 4's i think we'd feel it.

I have a male ENFP 4w3 friend that I've known since childhood...and wow, yah there's definitely a difference. I was actually trying to explain this to someone else and...I often become a bit tripped-up because if I'm not so careful I fear what I say comes across as offensive and I mean it in no such way...but that heart-triad... NFs in 2w3, 3, 4w3... there's definitely 'pretense' involved in the presentations of who they are...that we completely lack. Honestly, I don't fully understand it because they are so amazingly authentic...and yet that authenticity is funneled through a carefully crafted front or self. <--e7 doesn't have a moment to devote to that kind of stuff. I have so many things I want to think about...all I have time for is going with what I like...and assuming an attitude of...'hey man, love it or leave it.' I don't have the time to devote to earning friendship, admiration, whatever of anyone that isn't going to take me as is. There's 7 billion other human beings on the planet...have at them.

I've actually never taken this test before and I got... 7w8 9w8 4w5

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha. Okay, then it is ENFP animation. (It's always amazing to me...like such a great feeling...when you hear someone say 'I know exactly what your talking about!')

I have a male ENFP 4w3 friend that I've known since childhood...and wow, yah there's definitely a difference. I was actually trying to explain this to someone else and...I often become a bit tripped-up because if I'm not so careful I fear what I say comes across as offensive and I mean it in no such way...but that heart-triad... NFs in 2w3, 3, 4w3... there's definitely 'pretense' involved in the presentations of who they are...that we completely lack. Honestly, I don't fully understand it because they are so amazingly authentic...and yet that authenticity is funneled through a carefully crafted front or self. <--e7 doesn't have a moment to devote to that kind of stuff. I have so many things I want to think about...all I have time for is going with what I like...and assuming an attitude of...'hey man, love it or leave it.' I don't have the time to devote to earning friendship, admiration, whatever of anyone that isn't going to take me as is. There's 7 billion other human beings on the planet...have at them.

I've actually never taken this test before and I got... 7w8 9w8 4w5

okay wow yes i know what you mean...and that's exactly the shit i can't relate to. the image...the notion to construct one would never occur to me. i honestly really just don't care. i mean...not do i only not care but it bothers me quite a lot when my bf or anyone else seems to care so much about what others think. and it doesn't make sense...if you're so worried about being authentic then just be that...whatever you are..

and yes yes...i have said the same words! everyone does miss that! even my own bf thinks i come across as having this inflated ego...but i think it's just hard for him to get that feeling of easiness with yourself...or comfort in your skin. it's not inflated...it's just not deflated.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol please tell me which part, i can't read all of this.

one thing that helped me choose 7 instead of 4, when in the beginning i was trying to type myself, was reading something about... how a 4 feels, and instead a 7 will almost automatically take a feeling and transform it into a mental analysis, like: "oh i was dumped", to "i feel bad", cut to imagining a million images in head about romanticism and your past and your future and how you should feel etc. i don't know if you do that, but i do: i actually end up not really living my emotions, but analyzing them in my head...does that make sense to you? i guess i'm afraid to feel....when it happens, and i have no control over it, i sort of panic, so i have to create a mental safenet in my head about how it's ok to feel x because it's in the boundaries of stereotype y or z (of the romantic lover, or something else)

do you still have a vid of you lying around somewhere?

I analyze and sort my emotions, too. I am definately a head type.

B

brainheart

I consistently get 4w5 and 5w4 with my gut type alternating between 1w2 and 9w8 (I've taken it a few times out of curiosity as to how it would change according to my moods). I can't imagine myself ever testing as a 6w7 head type on that thing. I'm not suspicious and I'm not particularly reliable so....

You seem quite 7w6 to me. I think there are loads of celebrity 7w6s mistyped as 4w3 fwiw. For some reason people correlate 'wackily unique' with 4w3 when ime that's more of a 7w6 thing. Also, 7w6s have more depth and substance than they are given credit for. So I can see the confusion between the types. (and yes, as [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] says, 4s are self conscious about their presentation in a way I don't see in 7s. )

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I consistently get 4w5 and 5w4 with my gut type alternating between 1w2 and 9w8 (I've taken it a few times out of curiosity as to how it would change according to my moods). I can't imagine myself ever testing as a 6w7 head type on that thing. I'm not suspicious and I'm not particularly reliable so....

You seem quite 7w6 to me. I think there are loads of celebrity 7w6s mistyped as 4w3 fwiw. For some reason people correlate 'wackily unique' with 4w3 when ime that's more of a 7w6 thing. Also, 7w6s have more depth and substance than they are given credit for. So I can see the confusion between the types. (and yes, as [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] says, 4s are self conscious about their presentation in a way I don't see in 7s. )

thanks i think you're right. that thing was just trying to confuse me. i mean it said you wouldn't feel like a 4 or recognize any 4 like traits because you subconciously want to view yourself as a 7...so wth yo i'm like well i don't feeel like i want to view myself as a 7 but if this is all a subconscious thing then how the hell am i supposed to know!!??

also yeah i don't feel wackily unique either...or do i relate to many if any 7w6 celebrities. i just don't seem extroverted enough.

but mentally...it fits.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It told me I was 5w6 9w1 3w2

It got the core types correct (I think) but the order and the wings wrong. I currently self-type as 9(w something) 5w4 3w4.

It's really not a very good test. Don't listen to it!

/expert opinion (only not really)

I think you're a 7w6. 729 sounds good to me for tritype, you remind me a bit of [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] and she's the same tritype, I think.

Hah, except now i'm thi9nking i'm more 6w7...:D To be honest though i'm sure there are moods that take me where i could take the test and have a 4 result.
Is the enneagram something to progress from... I had the idea it was less permanent that mbti type.

Hah, except now i'm thi9nking i'm more 6w7...:D To be honest though i'm sure there are moods that take me where i could take the test and have a 4 result.
Is the enneagram something to progress from... I had the idea it was less permanent that mbti type.

In my understanding, it's a core set of defense mechanisms that develop as a reaction to childhood aches and pains. So yes, you aren't born with it and you can certainly achieve a measure of personal growth, but I don't think you can develop a NEW enneagram per se. That's like developing another different but equally negative set of reactions and fears that color the way you live life.

But that's just me, no real idea if the theory backs it up or not.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your trifix is 5w6, 9w1, 3w2.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist – the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

This is right on except I think I'm more 3w4 than 3w2.

S

Stansmith

The only consistent result I get on those tests is a 9w1 last fix (I'm still on the fence about that one), and either 3 or 4 in my Heartfix.

S

Stansmith

Now this is just weird lol

You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your trifix is 5w6, 3w4, 9w1.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 6 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Six wing, which means that the cerebral nature of a Type Five combines with the troubleshooting thought style of a Type Six. This makes Type 5w6 the Enneagram type of the stereotypical scientist – the 5w6 is always creating new ideas and testing them.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 3 with a 4 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Four wing, which means that your energetic nature is tempered by a Four tendency to withdraw, which gives you a sense of calm that others often lack.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

Want to learn more about your type? An online test can't do it all, so check out the PersonalityCafe.com Enneagram Forums for more information.

Click here to go to the PersonalityCafe Enneagram forum for your type!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: I used to get 7, then 9, then 2 as my results and I'm pretty confident I'm a 4. Never did trust enneagram tests for that reason and took me a while to figure out my type due to that :shrug:

Edit: what do you know, it got it right, finally (Im pretty sure this is like the third time I take this test)

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with a One wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Type Nine merge with the idealistic nature of the Type One. You have an idealized view of the world, and your drive toward harmony is one way to fulfill that dream.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 7 with a 6 wing: Type Seven individuals are energetic, engaging, and playful. They have a love for life and can easily jump from one exciting topic to the next. The Type Seven thought process is a bit scattered, but that’s because they are easily interested in many different things. This is why Type Seven is often called The Enthusiast. When in a growth state, Type Sevens become focused like Type Fives. When they’re stressed, they become a perfectionist like a Type One. The enthusiastic nature of the Type Seven combines with the cooperative nature of the Type Six, making the 7w6 a very outgoing type.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, enthusiastic, energetic, spontaneous, fun.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: 4w5/8w9/6w5

The test (every time): "You are a 7w6/4w5/9w8".

Truth is a little different from that.

Don't draw any conclusions from this test (unless you conclude that taking tests is not the way to figure out your true type). ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took this test just now because i was curious what my wings of my tritype were and the freakin thing said i was a 4w3

wtff

anyone else want to take it and see if they get the result they expect?

it's probably not accurate. it was hard for me. one of those ones where none of the answers fit but you just have to pick something.

http://sex-drugs-esp.blogspot.com/2011/06/enneagram-tritype-test-with-wings.html

Where the author says:

"Then again, I believe all Enneagram tests, especially free online ones, are more or less inaccurate. The only reliable way to determine your Enneagram type is to get to work: research the system, read a big bunch of type descriptions, and decide for yourself. Tests, however, provide a good starting point because they give you a hint at which types you should first read about."

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 5w4, 9w8.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 2 with a 3 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 5 with a 4 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Four wing, which means that the cerebral nature of Type Five combines with the creative nature of a Type Four. For this reason, you are likely to challenge established ideas with new and fresh concepts.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 8 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with an Eight wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Nine merge with the aggressive traits of the Eight. Inner peace is your goal, but if something is challenging that peace, your Eight wing means that you’ll stand up and deal with the situation assertively and decisively.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

GAH! To some extent, I don't identify with 4 because I don't want to be seen as special -- mostly, I don't want to be seen at all. 5w4 makes sense to me, and 9w8, but I dunno about 2. It's possible. I don't entirely discount it. What will get me up on my feet even in my very worst depression is if someone else needs help.
P.P.S. [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] says 2-5-9 is The Nurse. I've heard that more than once in my life, most recently from a friend who is a doctor, lol.

This is the year my world gets rocked, apparently. Everything seems to be shifting. [MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION]X, where are you with this now?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 5w4, 9w8.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 2 with a 3 wing: Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they’re feeling down or when they’re being attacked. When a Type Two is stressed, they can become aggressive like an unhealthy Type Eight. When they’re healthy, a Type Two becomes emotionally aware like a healthy Type Four. You are a Type Two with a Three wing, which means that the helpful nature of the Two combines with the ambitious nature of the Three, making you a very driven individual.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 5 with a 4 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Four wing, which means that the cerebral nature of Type Five combines with the creative nature of a Type Four. For this reason, you are likely to challenge established ideas with new and fresh concepts.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 8 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they’re often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly. When in a state of growth, Nines become energetic and driven like Type Threes. When stressed, Nines become anxious like an unhealthy Type Six. You are a Type Nine with an Eight wing, which means that the harmonious traits of the Nine merge with the aggressive traits of the Eight. Inner peace is your goal, but if something is challenging that peace, your Eight wing means that you’ll stand up and deal with the situation assertively and decisively.

Some words that describe you: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

GAH! To some extent, I don't identify with 4 because I don't want to be seen as special -- mostly, I don't want to be seen at all. 5w4 makes sense to me, and 9w8, but I dunno about 2. It's possible. I don't entirely discount it. What will get me up on my feet even in my very worst depression is if someone else needs help.
P.P.S. @Viridian says 2-5-9 is The Nurse. I've heard that more than once in my life, most recently from a friend who is a doctor, lol.

This is the year my world gets rocked, apparently. Everything seems to be shifting. @LadyX, where are you with this now?

sorry missy i missed this. hmm...where am i at with it? hmm...i think that the 2 influence is much more noticeable than i realized but that my core type is 7.

i just think i can be very twoish in relationships...but i don't do things for people to feel loved...and i don't care to have people need me and i'm not defining myself in anyway by how much good i do for others or think someone will only love me if i do things for them...or so much about the two along those lines...

when i'm giving...i do so freely without expectations...i honestly don't have any weird stuff going on in my head about it...no expectations..or hurt feelings that i'm bottling up..if that makes sense.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I'd say you're a 7w6.
These test results can depend on your mood. Maybe you had a hard day and you were exhausted which won't make you the happy-go-lucky stereotype of a 7.
Talk to an ENFP 4, they appear like INFPs most of the time.

Btw I got 7w6 which described me pretty good, but it also says my tritype is 731 and I don't agree with it. They did just let me choose between principled, aggressive and agreeable, so I took the first one. I don't know if I got the word right (I'm still learning English), but I interpreted it as something a person who has his rules he sticks to could be described. I was surprised that it says 1w2 rather than 1w9. I usually score high on 9. 1 and 2 are the types I usually score lowest.