• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Central Delusions (Encapsulations)

VagrantFarce

1. No-one is good, I must set the example.
2. No-one is loved, I have to make sacrifices.
3. No one is attentive, I have to be admirable.
4. No-one is meaningful, I have to stand out.
5. No-one is knowledgeable, I have to watch and learn.
6. No-one is trustworthy, I have to be suspicious.
7. No-one is happy, I have to be optimistic.
8. No-one is strong, I have to dominate and push things.
9. No-one is connected, I have to facilitate.

/brainfart

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like this, and I'm inclined to agree with 6. Hopefully this thread takes off and we'll get insight from the other enneagram types.

Mole

Permabanned
There is the God delusion and all else follows from this to Jung delusions and mbti delusions.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If those premises are accurate, then I would be a E9, although I'm a composer for a living and feel connected to 4/5, but I do compose ultimately to connect people in empathy. Existential isolation is my deepest driving force.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I consider changing that "no-one" to most.

Other than that, 6 is a strong one.

For 5, I don't agree that no-one is knowledgeable, but I do agree that I need to watch and learn.

S

Stansmith

I can't read my type's fear and think "hey, that's me", it's so deeply ingrained that I can't immediately recognize it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I relate to 5 and 6 mostly. I would change 4 to: no one is meaningful, I have to find meaning internally or elsewhere. I relate to 8 on occasion, since I will push things when it is necessary and no one else will. I relate to 1 more from the perspective of not letting the inadequacy of others rub off on myself, though being a good example for others is worthwhile also.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

/brainfart

I read down all of them and until I got to 6 I was really having a hard time relating.

This definately applies for a 6. The other ones I have no clue. But it would be interesting to get their feedback.

I like the one on 9 a little. I believe I'm not connected and I don't know how to facilitate it though.

Do 9's facilitate by keeping peace? I thought 9's liked to "keep in the background" more.

VagrantFarce

I read down all of them and until I got to 6 I was really having a hard time relating.

This definately applies for a 6. The other ones I have no clue. But it would be interesting to get their feedback.

I like the one on 9 a little. I believe I'm not connected and I don't know how to facilitate it though.

Do 9's facilitate by keeping peace? I thought 9's liked to "keep in the background" more.

9s facilitate by removing their agenda - they make room for others by maintaining a calm, connected and inviting presence. They would overcompensate for any perceived lack of connection by over-connecting and over-accommodating.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9s facilitate by removing their agenda - they make room for others by maintaining a calm, connected and inviting presence. They would overcompensate for any perceived lack of connection by over-connecting and over-accommodating.

Oh yes, I can see that. I didn't think of it in that way!