• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many enneagram types have you tested as?

How many of the 9 enneagram types have you ever tested as?

• Just 1

Votes: 9 16.7%

Votes: 10 18.5%

Votes: 4 7.4%

Votes: 4 7.4%

Votes: 2 3.7%

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • All of them!! Aren't I special?

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Less than half of them.

I have a new idea to personality types.

One famous actor commented on another actor's style of keeping the act up even when the camera wasn't on. He said: "he must be a bad actor".

This is something I can subscribe to. An able person can change appearances like someone can change their cloths, and it is not a mark of insanity. On contrary, it is insanity to belive that one's face (or clothes) is a permanent (and immutable) factor of one's life.

I do recognize that keeping the same persona over many years is beneficial to one's career, mostly because of the idiots who have trouble figuring out a person's standpoint unless it keeps the same for 20 years.

In essence, the habit of staying the same is adjustment to the fact of most people being idiots. And lazy.

Well, that was some talk, wasn't it?

Edit: if you want some self-criticism to what I just said, I'll happily provide it just here. It might be that I'm just a crazy person and I'm opposing stability because I'm unable to display stability myself, in which case you would do best to just disregard all what I just said.

On the other hand, if someone is able to think of many stances to life, and act the part in every situation, he will become an 1, an 7, a 6 or a 4 for that part - and stay quite sane for the whole experience.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow, people test as other enneagram types that often?

I've tested as 4 every time, except maybe once where it came out as a 5. I strongly identify with the 5 wing but I don't think I ever seriously considered any other type. :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4, 7w8, 8w7, 4w3, 9w8

I never test as wing 6 anything

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've tested as 4 every time, except maybe once where it came out as a 5. I strongly identify with the 5 wing but I don't think I ever seriously considered any other type. :shrug:

Snap

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
at first I thought i was (& tested as) a 7w8.
then I thought myself perhaps a 1w2; without a test or much study.

then I tested as a 9. and actually got serious about reading into it.

I am a 9w8 - 7w8 - 4w5 sx/sp

strong 8. strong sp. strong head center (so much sexual-7 energy). Appearant 4w5 heart /bohemianesque
sometimes I feel a desperate need for space & knowledge, not unlike a 5 (and my 5 & 7 did test equal),
but Its likely just the 874(tri-type) in me [a need for more knowledge]. And the 9's need for independence\autonomy. plus being an introvert?

Since then I have read that:
1) type 9's often mistype at first.
2) sexual 9's can be "nurturing like a 2, and melancholy like a 4". true dat

in my 20's I likely would have typed my heart-center as a 3; since I pushed myself in a similar fashion, and 9's have a line to 3.
I think, oddly, I was least attracted to the type 4 description. but since becoming more self-aware all I seem to find is ridiculous amounts of 4-emotion/individualism. :huh:

... maybe someone with a similar type will come across this and find it helpful

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
4 or 5,the scores of both usually very close.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've only ever tested as 5 or 9. 4 is always a close second as well.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've always either tested as 7 or 9 with 5 coming in 3rd. 1 and 2 always come in last

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
ScreenShot2013-05-11at24735PM_zps120bbeac.png

ScreenShot2013-05-11at25728PM_zps61bcbff4.png

My test results just now ^

I got almost the exact same result on the first one last time - but I've taken the second one a bunch of times and my results can vary - sometimes I score more highly on 5, and it usually tells me I'm an 8w9 (once or twice I got 5w4). Seems to be dependent on my mood, or maybe it's that they eliminate some questions as they narrow down your type and the order of them changes.

I got very similar results, by the way, when I was mistyped at 3 and 5, so I don't *think* I am unconsciously thinking of myself as 8ish and therefore wielding higher results, but this is possible since I have been reading a lot of enneagram stuff and dealing with 8 issues in myself.... especially considering the apparent 8 overload. =p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 2.47.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 2.47.35 PM.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 2.57.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 2.57.28 PM.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 2

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Somewhere between 3 and 5 different types. 9, 5, and 6 are popular ones.

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have always tested as type 9. My results overall have been very consistent throughout all the times I have taken enneagram tests over the past couple years.

9 and 1: very very high
6 and 5: moderately high
2 and 4: moderate
3, 7 and 8: may as well be nonexistent

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Looks like we got a nice bell curve going. I've tested as 3 7 and 8.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2, 4, 5, 9, but the only one that tests high on every time is a 5.

Daenera

Rogue heart
I've only tested as 4w5, and I think twice as an 8.
Took one just now out of curiosity, again got 4w5:
You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 5 wing

Sexual variant

Type 4 SX
Type 1 SO
Type 5 SX
Type 8 SX
Type 7 SO
Type 6 SX
Type 3 SX
Type 2 SP
Type 9 SX

lol I would definitely like to meet someone who tested as all types :laugh:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only 4 or 5, but always 4 on the better tests. I always test with a 4 or 5 wing also.

I wouldn't call this a typing method, but it's often noted that 3,6 & 9s (most notorious for having trouble pinning down their type) are most likely to type "all over the place".

S

Society

i still keep testing as a 4w5, still match the detailed description of the 7w6, still don't match the basic description of the 7 in the first place, people still get the impression i'm an 8...