• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had to be an Enneagram Type other than your own, Which would it be?

If you had to be an Enneagram Core other than your own, Which would it be?

• 1w9

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 4w3

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 4w5

• 5w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 5w6

• 6w5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6w7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7w6

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • 7w8

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • 8w7

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 8w9

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
And, lastly, when reading thru enneagram books, I've always, somewhat surprisingly, found the enneagram 8 descriptions kinda, I dunno, attractive. I've never dated one, I don't think, and I don't think female 8s are all that common -- I can't think of any I know (irl). I'm pretty much positive I'd prefer an 8w9. I think an 8w7 and I would probably have crazy sex and then kill each other. But yeah... 8w9. It actually kinda sounds better to me than 9w8. I think I need a strong woman, and an 8 would provide that. But I don't need a mindless warrior like an 8w7. The 9-wing would soften the edges of an 8 in just the way I need, cuz, while I need that strong woman, cuz I can be a blunt, insensitive asshole who needs someone who can take a straight dose of truth to the dome, I also need someone who can take the edge off, cuz the truth is, I'm not actually an insensitive asshole, I just communicate a bit like one. She could take care of the kids, I wouldn't have to worry about her being able to handle herself. She'd be able to tell me when to shut the fuck up and that I'm being an asshole or an idiot. I'd be able to argue back and not worry about breaking her by being honest. I dunno. There's something to that.

8w9 sx-sp

I would like to be able to do shit already for once.

8w9 sx-sp

I like rough edges. And passionate people. And Im mesmerised by the firestorm they carry inside

*Stretches in a cat-like pose across the couch* :smoke:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
3. So I would know how to kiss ass and not get fired at work.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. 5w4 4w5 8w7 sx/sp (aka [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]'s ideal SO type lol)
2. 8w7
3. 8w7 Te dom sp/sx, so/sx or sx/sp or 4w5 Fi dom with the same instincts
4. I don't like children but 5w4?

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) What is your enneagram core type and tritype?

5w6 3w4 8w9 so/sp

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

I voted 7w8. My first thought was 8, but there is enough 8 in me and in others around me that I fully understand the ups and downs of the type. I have some 8-ish flaws of my own.

I wouldn't want to be a 1, 2, 3 (for the same reason as 8), 4, or 6 (because of my wing). So, the next two options were 7w8 or 9w8. I used to type at 9w8 and I didn't like it at the time, but it kind of grew on me. But there's too many 9 flaws that are too similar to the ones I already have.

So 7w8 it is. I have a strong connection to 7, and I have 7 coping mechanisms, whether healthy or not, and I could see myself being one, under different life circumstances.

3) If you could imagine an ideal SO, what enneagram type would he or she be?

Probably an Id-type, maybe a super-ego type but that's a stretch. I wouldn't want someone too similar to myself. How boring would that be.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

1, 3 or 7, I think. I wouldn't wish 5 on my worst enemy, let alone my child.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w5

I don't put stock into tritype, but: 4w5, 5w4, 1w9

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

9w1

They are easy to like & seem content, two things I feel I lack. Of course, I've seen some of the inside of unhealthy 9s, and it's not pretty. Can't confuse complacency with contentment or obsequiousness with truly being likable.

Any type in the 3-6-9 triad might make for an easier time in life, well at least when it comes to connecting with people, which goes a long way.

This is hard... I'd say 3w4, but it didn't work out with one so well. The self-deception & image focus can get ridiculous.
2w3 might be good, as long as they don't need too much or invalidate my experiences by always needing to be the best/the most (one uppers!).
8s sound like a passionate pairing, but also like we might kill each other.
I like 5s, but they can also be difficult. Funny how high maintenance they can seem.
6s & I can make each other sooo insecure, but there's an ease of communicating & a kind of mutual understanding in being "reactive".
I feel like I could really respect a 1, but they might be too rigid also.
I enjoy 7s, but hate when I have to be the responsible one.
9s are great for friends, but I want to shake them sometimes & they want me to stop shaking stuff up.

I'm really open to them all.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?
Not a 7! I've seen that go down with my sister.... if the kid is unhealthy, prepare for a lot of drama, demands, and stress.
Maybe a 1w2 - obedient & pleasant. :D

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why this obsession with 7w8s? They're impulsive, overconfident, flaky, effusive, usually thoughtless, and to make things worse, they think they are a big deal.

The reason I chose 7 (either wing) is that it's also a mind triad core. I've already got a decently strong connection to it, and the kind of thinking that a 7 does, while a bit scattered, is also very useful - and the core would lead me to seek an interesting life.

Everyone's got faults. That isn't a significant deterrent.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Why this obsession with 7w8s? They're impulsive, overconfident, flaky, effusive, usually thoughtless, and to make things worse, they think they are a big deal.

My father is a classic textbook 7. He grew up dirt poor, became a famous rock star in the 60s in a number 1 hit band and fucked so many women he can't remember. He has boxes of fan mail still , and it's hilarious. He had dropped out of high school but went back to become a psychiatrist. He has a meager IQ of 164. He is an extremely generous parent, albeit temperamental and difficult in all the ways you mentioned.

The reason I did not pick 7w8 is that I've spent too much time weeding out behaviors and traits that I inherited from him. I could not see myself being anything other than an id type without losing a big portion of what I value in myself, so I picked 3w4. Nevertheless I would not claim my father's narcissism inhibited his success or his ability to inspire And be generous to others.

Daenera

Rogue heart
4w5, most likely 478, I don't know how much you can rely on the whole tritype thing but it might explain in my case why people seem to think I'm an E7 or an E8 sometimes.:thinking:
If you asked me a while back I would probably answered 7w8 or 8w7, but now if I really got the chance to choose I would chose none other than my own type. :smoke:
Reasons?... Here:
4s at their best:
Profoundly creative, expressing the personal and the universal, possibly in a work of art. Inspired, self-renewing and regenerating: able to transform all their experiences into something valuable: self-creative.
5s at their best:
Become visionaries, broadly comprehending the world while penetrating it profoundly. Open-minded, take things in whole, in their true context. Make pioneering discoveries and find entirely new ways of doing and perceiving things.
Combine those two and you have the best of both worlds. :weirdbanana:
hmm... I depends on the person, I like 4s, 5s, 7s and 8s, sometimes 6s.
Other 4s: when I feel the need to overdose on drama lol
5s: I find them mentally stimulating which is something that I crave to find in people I'm interested in
6s: they can be fascinating people
7s: dat charm lol!
8s: ...
I don't have to do anything. :harhar:

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My father is a classic textbook 7. He grew up dirt poor, became a famous rock star in the 60s in a number 1 hit band and fucked so many women he can't remember. He has boxes of fan mail still , and it's hilarious. He had dropped out of high school but went back to become a psychiatrist. He has a meager IQ of 164. He is an extremely generous parent, albeit temperamental and difficult in all the ways you mentioned.

The reason I did not pick 7w8 is that I've spent too much time weeding out behaviors and traits that I inherited from him. I could not see myself being anything other than an id type without losing a big portion of what I value in myself, so I picked 3w4. Nevertheless I would not claim my father's narcissism inhibited his success or his ability to inspire And be generous to others.

Wouldn't you say it's quite appropriate that right now, on the bar graph, 7w8 sticks out like a giant phallus :p

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Core is 8w9 sx/sp. Tritype is 872.

I'm actually pretty happy with what I'm working with. My inner ISFP is pretty 4ish, and that's a part of myself I really revel in. I could do 4w5 for a minute.

The guys I tend to whom I'm most attracted tend to be charismatic and as idealistic as they are pragmatic. Maybe a touch on the tempestuous side as well. I seek out men who have an elemental quality to them. Visionaries and young masters of the universe. That kind of thing. I've been involve with various kinds who have those qualities, but most of them do seem to have some sort of connect to 3. Either as 3s themselves, as a wing, or as a disintegration/integration point.

This question is funny because implicit in it is the question, "Which failing would you prefer as a parent?" As much as I'd love a kid who was a 7, I would never want to think that at some point my baby felt that he or she wouldn't have everything they wanted or needed. Or some little 9 who felt that they were punished for exerting themselves in their environment. Maybe a 1 as I can't remember what their pathology is right now, and it'd be nice to feel that I'd raised a child with those kinds of principles.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This question is funny because implicit in it is the question, "Which failing would you prefer as a parent?" As much as I'd love a kid who was a 7, I would never want to think that at some point my baby felt that he or she wouldn't have everything they wanted or needed. Or some little 9 who felt that they were punished for exerting themselves in their environment. Maybe a 1 as I can't remember what their pathology is right now, and it'd be nice to feel that I'd raised a child with those kinds of principles.

That's funny you'd see it that way because that's not how I interpreted it at all. Rather, I saw it as the ability to give myself what I never got as a child.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's funny you'd see it that way because that's not how I interpreted it at all. Rather, I saw it as the ability to give myself what I never got as a child.

:shrug:

It's just the way that the system works. You can't get the gift without the wound.