• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are my enneagram variants?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hello, I am trying my damndest to figure out my enneagram variants and hopefully someone here can help me to figure them out. I think that I'm probably Sp/sx though. I am either a core 6 with a strong 7 wing, or a core 7 with a strong 6 wing, but they are very close. I also have a 3w2 and a 9w8 fix. Anyway, what I am going to do is list each one of the qualities that I have pertaining to Self preservation, social, and sexual, and you folks tell me what you think my variants are based on this survey.

Self-Preservation

-I constantly think about money and having enough money.
-I am constantly worried about my safety and staying out of danger.
-I constantly want more and more money, and it seems like I can never have enough.
-I am very concerned about my health, and it drives me crazy when I have any type of health problem at all.
-I am strongly aware of things that can hurt me.

Things to consider before saying that I have self-pres as my first or second stack

-I have been destitutely poor for a number of years and it has had a tremendous impact on me.
-I have no health insurance and it's driving me crazy.
-I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from violence so it's bound to make me look more self pres.
-I have a large amount of 6 influence.

Sexual

-I feel strong connections with certain people and some I don't (especially women). When I first enter a room I'm almost like a human metal detector looking for the "special people" in a room and just discard everyone else. Often times I just find myself talking to only a few people or if I vibe well with a woman I will just sit and talk with her the whole time and pretty much neglect everyone else.
-I fall in love very easily and get very close to a certain girl very quickly. It's a wonderful feeling when I find that this happens with a girl. It feels so good that it is almost like a drug that I want more and more of. I can get very clingy if I vibe extremely well with a woman. It's like I want to constantly be with her and never want to let her go.
-I am very comfortable with affection and I generally go to bed with a new girl fairly quickly. It's like I could meet a girl and know her for two weeks and feel like I've known her my entire life.
-I am very aware of the chemistry between myself and others.
-I'm very obsessed with beauty and preserving my appearance. I am terrified of getting old.

Things to consider before saying that I have sexual first or second in my stack

-I do like to sleep with a fair amount of women.
-I'm afraid of commitment, but I believe it's because my mother hurt me very badly when I was younger. Watcher her and my father's divorce was very painful for me, so I know how bad a marriage can go, and it scares me.

Social

-I'm very good at meeting new people and chatting with them.
-I love social prestige.
-I understand social networks very well (i.e. This person knows this person, and this person knows this person)
-I can play the political game if I have to, but I don't like to.
-I'm generally interested in what's going on in the world.

Things to consider before saying that that I social first of second in my stack

-I'm not fond of social networking and it's very difficult for me to work a room, however I'm very good at being the center of attention in a room. However, this could also be attributed to my 7w6 and 3w2 fixes.
-I'm not really concerned about how popular that I am with people.
-I sometimes may use social connections to get me what I want, but I feel no strong need to contribute to society or to be a part of a group.
-I enjoy going to social outings and am very extraverted, but there are few people that I actually click with well enough to talk to, but I can force myself to talk to them if need be.

Ok folks what do you think my variants are?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-I do like to sleep with a fair amount of women.

This can be the cause of neurotic sx.

-I'm afraid of commitment, but I believe it's because my mother hurt me very badly when I was younger. Watcher her and my father's divorce was very painful for me, so I know how bad a marriage can go, and it scares me.

Commitment and building long time bonds is a soc thing.
-I'm very good at meeting new people and chatting with them.

Don't think this actually describes soc. I can be very chatty too but the real question is whether I do it because I want to feel a sense of community or because I can be socially outgoing.

-I'm not fond of social networking and it's very difficult for me to work a room, however I'm very good at being the center of attention in a room. However, this could also be attributed to my 7w6 and 3w2 fixes.

I don't think soc is more about networking necessarily, although some soc types can like it. I think awareness of networks is more important when considering soc.

Anyway, did you ever consider so/sx or sx/so? Most of your sp needs are just really neurotic which could be the result of sp last caused by the traumas you described.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This can be the cause of neurotic sx.

Commitment and building long time bonds is a soc thing.

Don't think this actually describes soc. I can be very chatty too but the real question is whether I do it because I want to feel a sense of community or because I can be socially outgoing.

I don't think soc is more about networking necessarily, although some soc types can like it. I think awareness of networks is more important when considering soc.

Anyway, did you ever consider so/sx or sx/so? Most of your sp needs are just really neurotic which could be the result of sp last caused by the traumas you described.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Everytime I read the descriptions I tend to fit the So/sx descriptions the best. It's just that I can't see myself as sp last.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I know what you mean. Everytime I read the descriptions I tend to fit the So/sx descriptions the best. It's just that I can't see myself as sp last.

Why not?

Maybe it would be easier to ask how your instincts appear in conflict? Usually we feel that our second instinct is holding us back from indulging in the primary when conflicted.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Why not?

Maybe it would be easier to ask how your instincts appear in conflict? Usually we feel that our second instinct is holding us back from indulging in the primary when conflicted.

I've chatted with a lot of Sx last types about sex, relationships, love, and whatnot and I can't ever relate to what they say.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought you were a 7w6 So/Sx (or Sx/So), but you could be a 6w7 or an Sp/Sx, as you claim to be (though the 2 variants you are considering are exact opposites). Maybe your self-preservation instinct looks higher than it really is for you because of your 6 fix. I guess you could even be an ENFP, as you also claim is possible, but I just don't see any Fi in you, as opposed to Fe, which seems to be bouncing around everywhere with your boundless expression.

Based on the above, I am most confidently calling you: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've chatted with a lot of Sx last types about sex, relationships, love, and whatnot and I can't ever relate to what they say.

So do you feel sx blind spot fits better then?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I always thought you were a 7w6 So/Sx (or Sx/So), but you could be a 6w7 or an Sp/Sx, as you claim to be (though the 2 variants you are considering are exact opposites). Maybe your self-preservation instinct looks higher than it really is for you because of your 6 fix. I guess you could even be an ENFP, as you also claim is possible, but I just don't see any Fi in you, as opposed to Fe, which seems to be bouncing around everywhere with your boundless expression.

Based on the above, I am most confidently calling you: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx.

I know. I just look so much like an so/sx. I'm starting to question ENFP though because I just use so much Te.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So do you feel sx blind spot fits better then?

No I'm saying that I can't relate to the sx blind spot. Really I can't relate to having a blind spot in any of the areas.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No I'm saying that I can't relate to the sx blind spot. Really I can't relate to having a blind spot in any of the areas.

Which is why I asked what instincts you prefer when they are in conflict, what you default back to because it's comfortable and what you really desire.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I type this comment, I am also currently listening to (not watching, sorry) your new video. You may indeed use some Te, but you also seem to use just as much if not more Fe. Just the very idea of how you start thread after thread on your type (or even hi-jack them) to gather a whole cluster of external opinions in an attempt to be diplomatic seems very much more like Fe than Fi (Fi would trust their own judgment). Also how you break everything down logically and give a reason for it seems more Ti logic than Te efficient.

I thought it would be appropriate to repost the above article I wrote here.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are going by that, I would probably be sp/sx. Here is a video of me if it helps....

http://youtu.be/FAehUNSPEtE

I watched a bit of it but I don't get much out of that video to be honest. You seem a little too intense for sx last though so sx is most likely a part of your stack so the rest is to figure out if soc or sp blind spot.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I watched a bit of it but I don't get much out of that video to be honest. You seem a little too intense for sx last though so sx is most likely a part of your stack so the rest is to figure out if soc or sp blind spot.

I know what you mean. I seem to be sx second. I've literally been trying to figure this out for quite a while now. There is a theory that variants can flip with psychosis. I wish that I could find more on this theory because I swear that as a child I seemed more so/sx and now I seem more sp/sx.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know what you mean. I seem to be sx second. I've literally been trying to figure this out for quite a while now. There is a theory that variants can flip with psychosis. I wish that I could find more on this theory because I swear that as a child I seemed more so/sx and now I seem more sp/sx.

Well, I still opine so/sx because the sp stuff you described before just seems like really neurotic blind spot sp to me. What about other sp stuff? What's your approach to food? Sleep? Physical health and fitness? Comfort?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well, I still opine so/sx because the sp stuff you described before just seems like really neurotic blind spot sp to me. What about other sp stuff? What's your approach to food? Sleep? Physical health and fitness? Comfort?

The idea of death or physical harm is absolutely petrifying to me. However, this wasn't quite the case before. I used to be a firm believer in God and a full-blown Christian. However, since I have been doing some investigation, I am really questioning my religion and wondering if it is true. I am sort of in the middle of Christianity and agnosticism right now. When I was a child, the idea of death wasn't as frightening to me: I just didn't really care about it at all because I believed that I would just go to heaven when I died. However, now that I am questioning whether there is a life after death, I have become a lot more self-pres. I really don't want to just be dead with no life afterwards, and this is petrifying to me.

It almost seems like my fears of physical harm are mostly for SX reasons though. For instance, I am often afraid of getting in a car accident for fear of being crippled from the waist down and not being able to have sex anymore. Also, many times I will go to a friend's house and he likes to have bonfires in his yard. I am absolutely petrified of that bonfire pit because I fear falling into the pit, and becoming disfigured by the fire. I fear this because it would ruin my looks and my sex appeal and this is petrifying to me. I care very much about my physical appearance.

I do worry about not having money all the time though. It's terrifying: the fear of homelessness, not having medical care, and whatnot. It's almost like I developed self-pres over the years because I basically had no concept of money when I was a child, and assumed the money would always be there. However, later in life I saw just how important money was and how much everything costs, so I then became much more self pres.

I think a lot of the self pres has to do with social reason too though. For instance, I don't want to be seen as a loser socially because I don't have money. I am constantly comparing myself to others. I have often wondered if this is SO or just my 3w2 fix.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The idea of death or physical harm is absolutely petrifying to me. However, this wasn't quite the case before. I used to be a firm believer in God and a full-blown Christian. However, since I have been doing some investigation, I am really questioning my religion and wondering if it is true. I am sort of in the middle of Christianity and agnosticism right now. When I was a child, the idea of death wasn't as frightening to me: I just didn't really care about it at all because I believed that I would just go to heaven when I died. However, now that I am questioning whether there is a life after death, I have become a lot more self-pres. I really don't want to just be dead with no life afterwards, and this is petrifying to me.

It almost seems like my fears of physical harm are mostly for SX reasons though. For instance, I am often afraid of getting in a car accident for fear of being crippled from the waist down and not being able to have sex anymore. Also, many times I will go to a friend's house and he likes to have bonfires in his yard. I am absolutely petrified of that bonfire pit because I fear falling into the pit, and becoming disfigured by the fire. I fear this because it would ruin my looks and my sex appeal and this is petrifying to me. I care very much about my physical appearance.

I do worry about not having money all the time though. It's terrifying: the fear of homelessness, not having medical care, and whatnot. It's almost like I developed self-pres over the years because I basically had no concept of money when I was a child, and assumed the money would always be there. However, later in life I saw just how important money was and how much everything costs, so I then became much more self pres.

I think a lot of the self pres has to do with social reason too though. For instance, I don't want to be seen as a loser socially because I don't have money. I am constantly comparing myself to others. I have often wondered if this is SO or just my 3w2 fix.

How about answering the actual questions about food, physical health, shelter and so on? How do you relate to this on a day to day basis?

To be honest, I think what you describe in general though just sound like 6 worries to me, especially the part about religion. I'm sx/sp and I can't relate much to the stuff you mentioned at all. My sp is the most noticeable in my day to day life, the fact that I hate the idea of having to be hungry, that I hate the idea of being sleepy, that I like living a comfortable life with food and shelter and so on. These are sp concerns, not whether I'm concerned about death because I'm non-religious which I am. Death as a concept doesn't worry me much but if I find dodgy spots on my body I'll immediately suspect that it might be an allergic reaction or similar.

Jerry_Goldblatt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
-I constantly think about money and having enough money.

-I love social prestige.

Sounds like me! Are you sure you aren't a 5? :einstein2:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

How about answering the actual questions about food, physical health, shelter and so on? How do you relate to this on a day to day basis?

To be honest, I think what you describe in general though just sound like 6 worries to me, especially the part about religion. I'm sx/sp and I can't relate much to the stuff you mentioned at all. My sp is the most noticeable in my day to day life, the fact that I hate the idea of having to be hungry, that I hate the idea of being sleepy, that I like living a comfortable life with food and shelter and so on. These are sp concerns, not whether I'm concerned about death because I'm non-religious which I am. Death as a concept doesn't worry me much but if I find dodgy spots on my body I'll immediately suspect that it might be an allergic reaction or similar.

Well, my approach to sleep is that I have learned that I absolutely must get enough sleep. Back in my childhood and up to about the year 2010 I almost never got enough sleep and really didn't give a damn about it. However, I have awful panic attacks and PTSD so I've learned that when I don't get enough sleep that often times my mental health is much worse and I can't focus on my work and wind up having much higher levels of anxiety as well. Sleep is a must for me. I must have food as well because I have hypoglycemia and when I don't eat I feel like I'm going to pass out: so food is also a must. I am constantly worried about not having shelter as well, but not necessarily for survival reasons but more for the reason that I don't want to feel like a loser for being homeless. Medical concerns are also big for me, and I am terrified when I have medical issues.