• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Greenfairy's E-type

Greenfairy's E-type?

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Er...any thoughts? If anyone happens to enjoy typing people.

I truly have no opinion. I think maybe 5w4, or 6w7. I'm just pretty sure not 8 or 4. But I could be wrong.

Also I don't know between sx/sp and sp/sx.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you are an INFJ 9w8 or 5w4 sx/sp; if you want an explanation, I can provide it - you just have to get it going.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are a 6w7 - 4w5 - 8w9 sx/sp ENFP

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are a 6w7 - 4w5 - 8w9 sx/sp ENFP

Lol. Interesting! You should vote on my type poll, as no one has said ENFP yet.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol. Interesting! You should vote on my type poll, as no one has said ENFP yet.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I voted months ago and had you at INFP or something.

(your latest blog post screams Fi to me btw : P )

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you are an INFJ 9w8 or 5w4 sx/sp; if you want an explanation, I can provide it - you just have to get it going.

You know, just because I'm bored right now and don't have anything better to do, you are getting my explanation for the above typings:

Really great info! I don't identify that much with the INFJ tertiary loop, even though a lot of people think I am in one. I'm not that socially incompetent, just really nervous some of the time. And I don't devise elaborate schemes socially (just an imaginary world in which I'm popular). I dunno. Maybe. I still think I use Ne at least as much if not more than Ni, and Si more than Se.

I wouldn't say you are in a loop, but I do think you have INFJ functions. I hope to 'prove' this in my next passages.

Lol. You flatter me outrageously. It's true though, I'm going to save the world using only the power of my own mind and my chakras. ;)

Don't worry, I still have my Ni. It's just probably not where I thought it was.

Actually, your Ni is probably at the top. You diplay lots of odd magical thinking, which is not something the uber-rational INTP tends to do.

No, I don't believe they "exist" in the material* sense either (as in like objects); I think they are energy, like everything is. It might be possible to read a person's thoughts as electrical patterns or something. I don't know. But the fact is that no one really knows how it works.

*No one is sure what "material" means. Roughly speaking, having temporality and spaciality and operating within the laws of nature. Thoughts could possibly exist this way if they are energy or electricity.

This pretty much speaks for my previous point.

Interesting. I've reformed and modified my ethics over time, but not my values; they've pretty much been the same all my life. (?) I wonder if this is typical of anything. I mean, I guess different things are more or less important at different times, right? Or is it just a question of focus? Like, you can't focus on everything all at once- it's demonstrably impossible. And focusing on too many things diminishes the effect. Am I missing the point?

I have seen lots of INFP accusations directed at you. The above quote shows you focus more on ethics, which involves proper conduct, rather than values, which involves individual beliefs. INFJs seem to focus more on ethics, whereas INFPs focus on values. Therefore, I am going against the popular forum consensus and saying you are not INFP.

Fascinating! This is kind of where I am right now, except my value system looks Fe because I see that that's where it lies to the extent that it can be objective at all. Collective well being and individual well being in relationship are what make sense to me, and make life worth living in a feeling way. But outside of the realm of human experience it doesn't mean anything, and that doesn't bother me. In fact, it makes me feel better because it eliminates all the messy argument and conflict over right and wrong. It's so easy to just say harmony and well being are the answer and then interpret situations in the context of these.

Again, this pretty much sums up my previous point.

This means clinging to the presumption that the scientific body of knowledge is all the knowledge that exists, or that the scientific method of observation is the only method of attaining knowledge of reality. There is another way, that of experience and relationship. It yields a different sort of knowledge, that of understanding (as opposed to certainty). It is personal integration of truth. Also, there is plenty to be known which we do not yet have the capability to observe with technology. Having unquestioned faith in and religious adherence to science is to reject the idea that humans have access to only a small portion of reality at any given time. We can't know what lies in the past or the future, for example. We don't know what things are like on the other side of the galaxy. We don't even know what thoughts are in other people's minds.

This sounds very much like an investigative 5-fix in your enneagram. You are seeking knowledge and seeing things in new ways. There's even a bit of speculation on the future. This whole world cosmology thing combined with your need for harmony sounds very much like Ni (INFJ) with 5 and 9 somewhere.

Of course you have to integrate things into your belief system, and reject things which don't fit. Only be open to new information and the possibility that your system needs to be modified (i.e. don't let Ti suppress Ne).

Do I have to repeat my previous point again?

I don't believe we should give equal truth value to things to be politically correct; we should give them equal consideration. That is, form our own epistemically justified beliefs about things free from bias. A scientific bias can be just as incorrect in certain areas as a religious bias.

(For the record, I occupy a position where the scientific and the spiritual are in balance and don't contradict each other.)

This whole mix of rationalism with mysticism I would say is indicative of Ni and 5w4.

That makes sense, but remember that when fairy belief was popular people were polytheistic. They didn't simply believe in a one god to solve the ultimate mysteries; gods were personalities and archetypes, and represented elements of nature and human nature. Fairies weren't simply an explanation either, they were nature spirits which existed in a not-so-physical realm. They were like animals and humans, just mostly invisible. The attributing of explanatory status to them occurred mostly after Christianity, when the old beliefs were trivialized into "fairy tales." They were beings which coexisted with humans. Gods were thought of in much the same way, but with additional powers. I agree that people believe in God now because they need an explanation- in a lot of ways theism (among educated people) has become intellectualized and de-anthropomorphized.

INFJ 5w4>9w8>4w5 Sx/Sp with Schizotypal traits (Idiosyncratic personality style).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, just because I'm bored right now and don't have anything better to do, you are getting my explanation for the above typings:

I wouldn't say you are in a loop, but I do think you have INFJ functions. I hope to 'prove' this in my next passages.

Actually, your Ni is probably at the top. You diplay lots of odd magical thinking, which is not something the uber-rational INTP tends to do.

This pretty much speaks for my previous point.

I have seen lots of INFP accusations directed at you. The above quote shows you focus more on ethics, which involves proper conduct, rather than values, which involves individual beliefs. INFJs seem to focus more on ethics, whereas INFPs focus on values. Therefore, I am going against the popular forum consensus and saying you are not INFP.

Again, this pretty much sums up my previous point.

This sounds very much like an investigative 5-fix in your enneagram. You are seeking knowledge and seeing things in new ways. There's even a bit of speculation on the future. This whole world cosmology thing combined with your need for harmony sounds very much like Ni (INFJ) with 5 and 9 somewhere.

Do I have to repeat my previous point again?

This whole mix of rationalism with mysticism I would say is indicative of Ni and 5w4.

INFJ 5w4>9w8>4w5 Sx/Sp with Schizotypal traits (Idiosyncratic personality style).

Ok then. Well thought out.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I voted months ago and had you at INFP or something.

(your latest blog post screams Fi to me btw : P )

Oh yeah? I thought Fe, as Fi is always talked about as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial according to values and all that stuff. Fe is more about give and take in relationships, and T functions give importance to being independent and helping yourself.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well whatever my mbti type is, I'm fine with some uncertainty and I'm sticking with what I have right now. I was hoping for some information on Enneagram as it relates to me. I have poll results, which are somewhat helpful, but few explanations.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah? I thought Fe, as Fi is always talked about as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial according to values and all that stuff. Fe is more about give and take in relationships, and T functions give importance to being independent and helping yourself.

Hmm, I think both of those sorts of values (serving humanity, being self sacrificial, giving and taking in relationships) can all stem from either Fe or Fi. IMO it is more the source of the value than the value itself that defines whether it comes from the use of Fe or Fi. Fi can be incredibly intelligent about defining values for giving and taking in relationships, it just draws the plans from what is best for the self (self including perceived natural personality preferences and desires in others as well, depending on the level of ego development of the fi user) and then seeks to understand the best general courses of action from that, and can tailor it to suit individual needs of both the self and others depending on the situation. The kinds of concerns you mention have more to do with being sx/sp or sp/sx rather than having an so aspect to your enneagram, than Fi or Fe use IMO. Thought on the Fi-Te axis and Fe-Ti axis can lead to the same "values"; both modes of feeling have access to thinking functions.

People may describe Fi users as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial, but if you observe many Fi users you will see they have little desire to serve humanity (rather, some individual or elite brand of it, or perhaps through indirect means through an institution of some sort) or sacrifice themselves. This is sort of an extreme stereotype that doesn't hit home really, especially for people who use Fi in a non dominant position, and many Fi users would not do this if not for some form of selfish gain. Fe doms could be said as doing the same thing, they just don't define their goal in the same way and yet that is what many of them do.

I would try to explain more to you about why I perceive your enneagram to be what it is, but it would be difficult for me since I go mainly on vibes that take a really long time to explain, and would require long theoretical discussion of many of the things you have said on the forum, which frankly would be quite strange, since we've barely talked before. lol

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I think both of those sorts of values (serving humanity, being self sacrificial, giving and taking in relationships) can all stem from either Fe or Fi. IMO it is more the source of the value than the value itself that defines whether it comes from the use of Fe or Fi. Fi can be incredibly intelligent about defining values for giving and taking in relationships, it just draws the plans from what is best for the self (self including perceived natural personality preferences and desires in others as well, depending on the level of ego development of the fi user) and then seeks to understand the best general courses of action from that, and can tailor it to suit individual needs of both the self and others depending on the situation. The kinds of concerns you mention have more to do with being sx/sp or sp/sx rather than having an so aspect to your enneagram, than Fi or Fe use IMO. Thought on the Fi-Te axis and Fe-Ti axis can lead to the same "values"; both modes of feeling have access to thinking functions.

People may describe Fi users as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial, but if you observe many Fi users you will see they have little desire to serve humanity (rather, some individual or elite brand of it, or perhaps through indirect means through an institution of some sort) or sacrifice themselves. This is sort of an extreme stereotype that doesn't hit home really, especially for people who use Fi in a non dominant position, and many Fi users would not do this if not for some form of selfish gain. Fe doms could be said as doing the same thing, they just don't define their goal in the same way and yet that is what many of them do.

I would try to explain more to you about why I perceive your enneagram to be what it is, but it would be difficult for me since I go mainly on vibes that take a really long time to explain, and would require long theoretical discussion of many of the things you have said on the forum, which frankly would be quite strange, since we've barely talked before. lol
Ok, fair enough. If you want to PM me I'm always interested in reasoning behind ideas. Don't worry, I have little sense of psychological boundaries.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram test results:
5w6, 3w2, 9w1.

I had read the descriptions and thought 5w4 fit better than 5w6, but maybe not. I know I'm definitely 6-ish, and 5ish, and probably not as much 4-ish, even though I apparently give off that vibe to people here. Maybe I am very 4-ish, just not as much as 5 and 6. I am pretty ambitious (3w2), but most people probably can't tell because I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I have wanted to- so I'm just a perfectionist. Which might be a 6 quality. As for 9, I suppose that's accurate. I dunno.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Many of your posts have a blatant ''look how special I am" vibe that I associate with E3, so I think it's a good guess.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Many of your posts have a blatant ''look how special I am" vibe that I associate with E3, so I think it's a good guess.

So not everyone likes to think they are special? Or I am just extreme? You're probably right. I won't lie, if I was raised the wrong way I'd probably become a narcissist.

Well to be fair, I think other people are special too!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's because from the ages of 8 to early-20-something I didn't have much social success, so my imaginary artificial social life was the only way I could keep from feeling invisible. And consequently I felt I needed a lot of attention and recognition to make up for it. I don't think I'm just inherently self absorbed. Probably. :/ I don't want to be, and I know that's not a successful attitude if you're not extremely charismatic.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So not everyone likes to think they are special?
Pretty much every western does.
Or I am just extreme?
Depends. It's about average if you use other E3s as a parameter.
As special as you? (rhetorical question)
It's because from the ages of 8 to early-20-something I didn't have much social success, so my imaginary artificial social life was the only way I could keep from feeling invisible.
Maybe that's why you came up with the imaginary fairies idea?
And consequently I felt I needed a lot of attention and recognition to make up for it. I don't think I'm just inherently self absorbed. Probably. :/ I don't want to be, and I know that's not a successful attitude if you're not extremely charismatic.
Perhaps it's time to focus on people other than you?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As special as you? (rhetorical question)
Of course. There are plenty of people who are way more awesome than I am. And we're all unique.
Maybe that's why you came up with the imaginary fairies idea?
Well, I wasn't the one who came up with it. But yes, I suppose people who think they are fairies like to think they are more special than normal humans. It's all a question of development though- a lot of people have the potential to be fairies and they don't develop it. And even more people are meant to just be very evolved humans, which aren't inferior to fairies, just different.
Perhaps it's time to focus on people other than you?
Yeah, it's what I've been working on for the past decade and a half, getting outside of myself and learning how to be social. It's not that I think I'm better than other people, I just don't 100% know what to do with them yet.

And this website does get a somewhat different version of me. I talk about myself on here because it's about typology, and I use it to understand myself because that's more important to me than using it to understand other people at the moment (because I can understand other people in other ways). And because I don't think I can adequately understand other people unless I can compare them to myself, and so if I do that incorrectly by not understanding my own type, that's counterproductive. So in real life I am a lot less focused on myself, at least when I talk to people. And since I'm trying to be more social, my socializing is done primarily in real life and not on the internet. Which means I use the website for figuring myself out (and then other people), and if I want to talk about ideas and get to know people I'll do it in real life. Does that make sense?

But...I just figured something out. And that's if I want feedback I should give it. I didn't think it was really necessary, because people on here seem to really like analyzing other people (I figured that's why they are here), so I thought by being a puzzle I'd get feedback from people who like to solve puzzles. Inferior Fe again I suppose. Most people are more personal and don't just like solving puzzles- but then again this website is full of INTP's who very well might fit the former description.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My first choice for you would be 4w3. Second choice: 3w4 (which is what I answered on the poll, then backpedaled from). 4w3 would explain how hard it is for you to type yourself, and it would explain this post:
So not everyone likes to think they are special? Or I am just extreme? You're probably right. I won't lie, if I was raised the wrong way I'd probably become a narcissist.

My simple answer to the bolded would be "not really", but my more complex answer would be: I think everyone can acknowledge that everyone is unique, and no two people are exactly the same. But that generally excepted fact isn't something that everyone cares about. I don't care all that much about it. I don't put a ton of stock in being special (though I don't object when people tell me I am :blush:).
But...I just figured something out. And that's if I want feedback I should give it. I didn't think it was really necessary, because people on here seem to really like analyzing other people (I figured that's why they are here), so I thought by being a puzzle I'd get feedback from people who like to solve puzzles. Inferior Fe again I suppose. Most people are more personal and don't just like solving puzzles- but then again this website is full of INTP's who very well might fit the former description.
^ This sort of attitude is part of why I thought 3, for a while -- and why I voted 3 in the poll. Catering your behavior to your environment almost to the point of changing who you are to suit the situation.
^ Yes. That "special" vibe was a huge part of why I thought either 3 or 4.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first choice for you would be 4w3. Second choice: 3w4 (which is what I answered on the poll, then backpedaled from). 4w3 would explain how hard it is for you to type yourself, and it would explain this post:

My simple answer to the bolded would be "not really", but my more complex answer would be: I think everyone can acknowledge that everyone is unique, and no two people are exactly the same. But that generally excepted fact isn't something that everyone cares about. I don't care all that much about it. I don't put a ton of stock in being special (though I don't object when people tell me I am :blush:).
^ This sort of attitude is part of why I thought 3, for a while -- and why I voted 3 in the poll. Catering your behavior to your environment almost to the point of changing who you are to suit the situation.

^ Yes. That "special" vibe was a huge part of why I thought either 3 or 4.
Hm, you might be right. I'm pretty 5 and 6 ish as well though, so one is first in the tri-type and the other is second. Here's how I went about it: since all the numbers seem like just part of one personality to me, I decided to follow this method: find my essential quality Descartes style by subtracting everything I can until I find something I wouldn't be me without. I definitely wouldn't be myself without analytical thought and the search for truth, so I tentatively decided on 5. In the gut area I could subtract power and peace, but I couldn't subtract principles, so 1 would make sense there. In the heart area I could subtract helping and pleasing and whatever, and then it's a close call for 3 and 4 stuff.

Burger King

Not quite this, not quite that. I used to think that type of stuff was indicative of 3 co-fix or core-fix, as it seemed to me that it suggested an adaptable self image, but I don't think that anymore. I confused vague for malleable. Anyways, people were suggesting 3 and 4, which caught my eye and made me wonder. I mean if your sig is any indication of your self image...

Although I have to say, there's some sort of resemblance in you that I've seen in others (other forums). I think 9 is in there somewhere, perhaps even as a core. The 9s that I've seen have done this...

- They go and ask questions regarding their type.
- They get opinions.
- The general result is, "thanks but no thanks."
- After some time, they come back with similar if not the same question.
- Rinse-Repeat

This may be the 9 ego defense in the works. It's similar to the vagueness that is described of the 4 identity. What I see here is relating to a shell of the types and never fully further going down. It's a bit telling of how you relate to the types.

Maybe you can reveal how you react to stresses. If you identify with 5 and 6, then how does your mind work? Is there a "need to know?" And if you don't have enough information, how do you feel?

This sort of attitude is part of why I thought 3, for a while -- and why I voted 3 in the poll. Catering your behavior to your environment almost to the point of changing who you are to suit the situation.

There's another type... the social 9.

Sorry if this stuff is out of the blue. I know this is likely meant for public participation, but I get the feeling sometimes that I tend to "crash the party uninvited," so to speak. I'm lacking in appropriateness somewhere, not sure.

Rampant88

Not quite this, not quite that. I used to think that type of stuff was indicative of 3 co-fix or core-fix, as it seemed to me that it suggested an adaptable self image, but I don't think that anymore. I confused vague for malleable. Anyways, people were suggesting 3 and 4, which caught my eye and made me wonder. I mean if your sig is any indication of your self image...

Although I have to say, there's some sort of resemblance in you that I've seen in others (other forums). I think 9 is in there somewhere, perhaps even as a core. The 9s that I've seen have done this...

- They go and ask questions regarding their type.
- They get opinions.
- The general result is, "thanks but no thanks."
- After some time, they come back with similar if not the same question.
- Rinse-Repeat

This may be the 9 ego defense in the works. It's similar to the vagueness that is described of the 4 identity. What I see here is relating to a shell of the types and never fully further going down. It's a bit telling of how you relate to the types.

Maybe you can reveal how you react to stresses. If you identify with 5 and 6, then how does your mind work? Is there a "need to know?" And if you don't have enough information, how do you feel?

There's another type... the social 9.

Sorry if this stuff is out of the blue. I know this is likely meant for public participation, but I get the feeling sometimes that I tend to "crash the party uninvited," so to speak. I'm lacking in appropriateness somewhere, not sure.

I agree with this thinking.

It looks as though you're superficially trying on all the of the types as though they're hats, perhaps looking to resonate with the attractive qualities you think being a certain type confers upon you rather than really getting in to the neurosis of each type and seeing if that's present within your psyche.