• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of vibe to you get from the different instinctual variants?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Wow dude... I assume these are descriptions of reactions to the differing writing styles? That's scary... I write quite a bit and that's what people have said all right...

I think it's a mix of description of writing and of the aura and physical presence. That's really the vibe that I get from the Sx/Sp.:D They have that sort of strong and magnetic presence who lakes you react strongly, in one way or another. They send also that "stab-in-the-chest" sensation, in coimparaison with Sx/So who send more a "fire and ice" sensation, and a sort of boundless wildfire.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think it's a mix of description of writing and of the aura and physical presence. That's really the vibe that I get from the Sx/Sp.:D They have that sort of strong and magnetic presence who lakes you react strongly, in one way or another. They send also that "stab-in-the-chest" sensation, in coimparaison with Sx/So who send more a "fire and ice" sensation, and a sort of boundless wildfire.

Aren't you Sx/So?

G

garbage

I could hardly describe it better than that.

soc/sp: Tangential. Lots of details and analysis. Very in-their-head and intellectual, and lacks sensuality. Comes across as level-headed and unspontaneous, but also with personal warmth. Their written works often require a great deal of mental concentration from the readers.
Holy uncanny resemblance, Batman :shock:

(To be sure, the others don't really resonate with me.)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The way I understand instinct is about most preferred and second-most preferred "places". (Edited list!)

Sp/So - a native who explores new countries regularly.
Sp/Sx - a native who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
So/Sp - a nomad who returns to one home country regularly.
So/Sx - a nomad who who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
Sx/Sp - an expat who returns to a home country regularly.
Sx/So - an expat who explores new countries regularly.

I think you can really see this in terms of "arenas" people frequent. For example, Sx/So me tends to drown myself in/with a handful of preferred activities/people, but if I'm not doing that, I tend to lean outwards to the social realm. My So/Sp friend tends to engage in social activities - family dinners or study groups or networking - but if she's not doing that, she's pampering herself. My Sp/Sx boyfriend tends to make sure his personal needs are met, but if he's not doing that, he's cuddling up with me or engaging in/with one of a handful of preferred activities/people. And of course it's not that we don't care about the last instinct, but we just don't prioritize it as much, and we only have so much time.

Mia. said:
Yeah, makes sense, and it's been commented on quite a bit in the literature on sx primaries in general - i.e. the polarization factor. So you think that is more likely to happen with an sx/sp than an sx/so?

I would assume so, because Sx/So "buffers" the Sx with social caution - we're more careful not to let Sx directly oppose So, whereas at least personally I allow Sx concerns to sabotage Sp with fair frequency. I regret it, of course, but not enough that I actively prevent it very often. I figure that it's the mirror for Sx/Sp, where you're more careful not to let Sx directly oppose Sp, but Sx may sabotage So without much personal upset.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
soc/sx: The word "fantastical" comes to mind. Lots of virtuosity and trills, and often removed from the real world. One is whirled away by the dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination. Can be too rich in imagery for their own good. Sustained dramatic power due to their knowledge of interpersonal dynamics.
Hm. Doesn't seem terribly SJ? Or at least, as an SJ, I'm having a hard time getting past all that flowery rhetoric. "Dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination"? :wtf:
The way I understand instinct is about most preferred and second-most preferred "places". (Edited list!)

Sp/So - a native who explores new countries regularly.
Sp/Sx - a native who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
So/Sp - a nomad who returns to one home country regularly.
So/Sx - a nomad who who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
Sx/Sp - an expat who returns to a home country regularly.
Sx/So - an expat who explores new countries regularly.

I think you can really see this in terms of "arenas" people frequent. For example, Sx/So me tends to drown myself in/with a handful of preferred activities/people, but if I'm not doing that, I tend to lean outwards to the social realm. My So/Sp friend tends to engage in social activities - family dinners or study groups or networking - but if she's not doing that, she's pampering herself. My So/Sx boyfriend tends to make sure his personal needs are met, but if he's not doing that, he's cuddling up with me or engaging in/with one of a handful of preferred activities/people. And of course it's not that we don't care about the last instinct, but we just don't prioritize it as much, and we only have so much time.
+1. Great post.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hm. Doesn't seem terribly SJ? Or at least, as an SJ, I'm having a hard time getting past all that flowery rhetoric. "Dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination"? :wtf:

Works for me :biggrin:

Actually even when I thought I was a Sp/So I always related to that writing description the best. *whistles*

My take on the op :bored: too much stereotype.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Works for me :biggrin:

Actually even when I thought I was a Sp/So I always related to that writing description the best. *whistles*
But that is because you are an Ne-dom!

I mean, what the hell would Te imagination-fairies look like? High-strung, bossy Tinkerbells with clipboards and graph paper?

Jaguar

Didn't you once say you had a tattoo of a dazzling fairy on your butt? ;)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Vampire? I like that. I always fantasized about being a vampire as a child.