• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mane's enneagram

S

Society

The more i tried to get a better grasp of the enneagram, the fuzzier it gets, and the weaker my notions are regarding what type i might be.

initially i thought i was a 4w5, because self exploration, the search for the genuine, finding myself in all the shapes i can fit into and in studying my own patterns with with i grow and retract, becoming meaningful, differentiating myself, have long being integral and seemingly intrinsic elements of the way i have conducted throughout my life, my very way of thought. someone i knew a long time ago once gave me that nice outside insight which i find to be true, that my ego never breaks because any failure and experience is a new discovery to be made about myself, and that is very true.
but then i learned that statistically, in a research taking hundreds of samples, there has not being one ENTP 4s. so is it possible i am not an ENTP? doubtful. it has being suggested that i might be an ENFP, but even that suggestion got retracted fast - i can often be NeFe but i have no signs of Fi or Te. xSTP makes 4 just as unlikely, and i am to heavy in my Ne use to make it plausible. ofcourse, that didn't make it impossible, just extremely implausible. but then the next stop was the deeper description of 4s behavior, describing a need to be away from their partners in order to miss them, describing a constant jealousy of others... neither of those are attributes i relate too.

the next stop was 7w6. initially the description of the 7 seemed quite alien to me - i am not a party animal at all. i do take risky endeavors, as my profile bio might suggest, and that has being a persistent theme in my life choices perhaps, many of which have burned me quite a bit... but those aren't particularly "adventure" oriented for me, they are just calculated (or miscalculated) risks, mainly within the areas related to finances, travel, relationship and matters of trust. i do seek new experiences, but mainly when i get curious about myself - when i am wondering how i would react in a situation i try to seek that situation. another contradiction with the 7 stereotype is that in relationships i am extremely loyal, while outside of relationships i am far from the notion of a "player", hell I've being separated for a year now and have yet to have anything outside of my marriage (i probably should at least seek it for my own mental health, but... meh).
but then a deeper description of the 7w6 in relationships strikes a cord, mainly with one thought, "if my exwife would hear this, she'd shout 'that is him'...". but i do not honestly know to what extent my clingy behaviors where due to the threat of loosing my son and to what extent i was genuinely clinging to her, in my mind at the time it was him, but i can't dismiss the possibility that its rationalization dismissing one part of the truth for another. yet the relationship part is truly the only part i emphasize with, and more so, how can i possibly be a 7w6 without having anything any significant portion of the traits that suppose to describe the 7? that doesn't make any sense to me.

last suggestion was a 3w2w1, in which the wing 1 & 3 somehow overthrew the 2 itself. according to that theory, the 2s classical description is biased towards xxFJ mbti types based on people the authors of such descriptions thought are a 2, and could simply be "written wrong". the problem with this is that it combines the problems of both cases above: not only would i be a wing sub-type without being the main enneagram type (twice), but i would be breaking even further away from the notion of what the enneagram type is then it does with the 4w5, which could just as well be said to have being written for introverted 4s. more so, i can't help but think the slippery slope argument isn't such a fallacy here - if i start from the assumption that types are "written wrong" then i can be any type.

as far as instinctual stacking are concerned, i share both traits of the sx/so and sx/sp, while gravitating towards the first.

at this point i am completely clueless about my ennegram type. would welcome any help on the matter, and would readily answer any questions that might help in the typing process.

S

Society

Sounds like a six answer to me.

I don't think you are. I am just curious as to why you do not think you are.

i am curious and like to contemplate and i hold the ability to doubt at a very high value (i have come to consider it a cornerstone of ethics), but the description of the 5 seems to come with quite a bit more then that, describing someone whose quite distant, somewhat alienated from his own emotions, and like the 4 - very introverted oriented.
i am not sure about the 6 - the 7w6 worked better for me then the 6w7 in that one department of relationships, but that doesn't say much. i can say that other offical 6s have said they don't see any 6 in me, but one could easily say that the current notion of 6 is geared towards self-preservation wherein an sx/so might be different.. again changing the ideas of the enneagram in order to make them fit.

there's not much weight to it i know, but honestly i can't quite say i swayed enough towards those types in order to dwell on them as my main type.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]
for whatever reason, I've gotten a 9w8 vibe from you in the past. I don't know you well enough to say though. have you filled out one of the questionnaires on personality cafe? If you do so I could give you an analysis.
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/84019-enneagram-questionnaire.html

I feel like you could be an 8 or at least have an 8 wing. But much like Elfboy (at this point anyway) it's kind of a vibe/gut feeling. Sorry, that probably muddies the waters further!!

S

Society

thanks. here it goes:

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

3. What do you hope to avoid being?

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

5. How do you want others to see you?

How do you see yourself?

6. What makes you feel your best?

What makes you feel your worst?

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

i hope that was useful.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow, you're a lot more mature than most of the people I've diagnosed with a typing. that makes things for difficult as your natural weaknesses seem to have already been dealt with for the most part. from what I've gathered though, I think you are a relatively self aware 3w4>6w5>8w9 Sx/Sp. the only insecurity I see in you is that your self worth is (or at least has a natural tendency to be) somewhat tied to your sexual desirability. apart from that, you seem too controlled and competent to be a core 4 though I believe you have a strong 4 wing.
this is not one of my most surefire analysis though, so your thoughts are welcome if you don't feel I've described you accurately.

S

Society

wow, you're a lot more mature than most of the people I've diagnosed with a typing. that makes things for difficult as your natural weaknesses seem to have already been dealt with for the most part. from what I've gathered though, I think you are a relatively self aware 3w4>6w5>8w9 Sx/Sp. the only insecurity I see in you is that your self worth is (or at least has a natural tendency to be) somewhat tied to your sexual desirability. apart from that, you seem too controlled and competent to be a core 4 though I believe you have a strong 4 wing.
this is not one of my most surefire analysis though, so your thoughts are welcome if you don't feel I've described you accurately.

thats interesting... i can't say i relate to 3 at all. aren't they usually more ambitious climbers sorts? wanting higher positions and stuff? their lives would be quite different from mine i think. for example i can't imagine a 3 being content and happy to be a stay at home dad for two years.

if it helps, my tritype has tested 4w5 heart 7w8 mind 8w7 gut.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thats interesting... i can't say i relate to 3 at all. aren't they usually more ambitious climbers sorts? wanting higher positions and stuff? their lives would be quite different from mine i think. for example i can't imagine a 3 being content and happy to be a stay at home dad for two years.
if it helps, my tritype has tested 4w5 heart 7w8 mind 8w7 gut.

you have a point (maybe mature people in general just seem 3w4 lol). have you considered 2? you exhibit 2-ish qualities, not in the way that an unhealthy 4 does (they turn clingy and narcissistic). alternatively I could see you as an 8w9 with a strong line to 2 (either way, the 268 "rescuer" tritype does fit you nicely)

S

Society

you have a point (maybe mature people in general just seem 3w4 lol). have you considered 2? you exhibit 2-ish qualities, not in the way that an unhealthy 4 does (they turn clingy and narcissistic). alternatively I could see you as an 8w9 with a strong line to 2 (either way, the 268 "rescuer" tritype does fit you nicely)

...clingy and narcisssistic actually sound about right...