• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 2w3>5w4 or 5w4>2w3 in tritype?

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I bought The Wisdom of the Enneagram and I scored 59 for Type Two and 56 for Type Five on the individual tests. The thing is, for most of my life I've been commended more for my intelligence than my compassion. I read the chapters for both and they seem to describe me rather well, however I'm not sure which one is better suited to describe me. I've assessed myself on the MBTI as ENTP and 5w4 seems to fit better with that than 2w3 which fits someone like my mother better who is an ESFJ. I'm just concerned about self reporting bias in the tests and if they can really accurately gauge your type or if it really has to come down to self assessment in all cases like I realized had to be done with the MBTI. If I had to give an answer myself I'd say that my tritype would be 5w4>2w3.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can tell you this, an naturally extroverted 5 goes against nature itself :p

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think your putting too much emphasis on typology. Live and let live my friend

marckos

ENTPs 5 are possible but very rare (most ENTPs are 7w8) also an ENTP 2 is extremely rare, are you sure you are not an ESFJ, they share the same functions:unsure:.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Check out ENFP and take another look at enneagram 2. Just a hunch :wink:

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Check out ENFP and take another look at enneagram 2. Just a hunch :wink:

It was my thought that ENFP, being Fi, was less likely to be concerned with others. I'm most certainly concerned with how others feel. My stances are ones of reaching common ground, not defending an entrenched stance.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
ENTPs 5 are possible but very rare (most ENTPs are 7w8) also an ENTP 2 is extremely rare, are you sure you are not an ESFJ, they share the same functions:unsure:.

I've considered ESFJ but I feel Ti is more of a supporting function or at the very least tertiary for me. I think intuition is my dominant function, so perhaps INFJ? I'm not sure how easily the intuition and sensing functions can be confused but they are fairly similar.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-2.html

Lists ENFP under More Common, no mention of ENTP anywhere. Perhaps ENFP is the correct answer. It certainly would make more sense.

According to http://cognitivequiz.com/quiz.html

Your Cognitive Functions:
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.85
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.23
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.615
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.89
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.75
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.57
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.54
Introverted Feeling (Fi) || -0.21

Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is poorly developed.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ENTJ
or Second Possibility: ENTP
or Third Possibility: INTP

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Te - Ne - Ti - Ni - Fe - Se - Si - Fi

Considering the extremely underdeveloped nature of Fi, I'd say it has to be ENTP.

Unless it's ENFP with a preference for Fe.

That quiz is absolutely horrible, particularly for the Fi questions. I'm strongly Fi-dominant and still managed to get ENTJ-INTJ-ISTP on that quiz. I wouldn't trust it at all if I were you.

And Fi-users definitely care about other people, I don't know where you got the idea that they don't because it's really not true.

A

Anew Leaf

It was my thought that ENFP, being Fi, was less likely to be concerned with others. I'm most certainly concerned with how others feel. My stances are ones of reaching common ground, not defending an entrenched stance.

Listen to Senza.

That quiz is absolutely horrible, particularly for the Fi questions. I'm strongly Fi-dominant and still managed to get ENTJ-INTJ-ISTP on that quiz. I wouldn't trust it at all if I were you.

And Fi-users definitely care about other people, I don't know where you got the idea that they don't because it's really not true.

Yeah I took that test and got ENFJ...

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I guess I thought internalized feeling would be less concerned with dealing with others; I've read Fe as being the desire to connect with others. I can see now that I'm wrong.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Here's how I came to the conclusion of INFJ.

Choose functions

Se) What is; Experience
Si) What was; Relive

Ne) What could be; Conceive
Ni) What will be; Anticipate

Te) How to do it; Organize
Ti) Why it is; Analyze

Fe) What we need; Relate
Fi) What is important; Evaluate

Which are most important?

Se
Ni
Ti
Fe Fi​

Order them

Ni Fe Ti Se

INFJ

I don't think I'm an ISTP because their feeling is their weakest function and I don't think mine is being a 2w3. I also feel like I'm a dominant intuitive. I'm not quite sure of the differences between Ne and Ni, they seem somewhat similar.