• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you move towards your wing in stressful situations?

Freyaaa

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
The reason I'm asking is that after moving to university last week, I started acting totally 9-I felt disconnected from everythnig and my usual tough independent exterior pretty much vanished. Because I didn't have any kind of deep connection to anyone in the vicinity of my university I felt like I would somehow drop off the face of the earth every time I walked anywhere by myself and somehow it didn't seem to matter to me how much connection I had with people miles away; I felt disconnected from everything. I read that the 9's basic fear is to be separated and isolated from everyone and of annihilation and that was exactly how I felt-annihilated. I even cried started crying, which is really weird because since I was about 12 i've only ever cried from anger, not sadness. I seemed to become a different person-e.g. I've always been pretty much in control of myself when it comes to alcohol, which I associate with being an 8 because of the 8's desire for control and coming across as tough but suddenly a drop of malibu would make me drunk. I started wondering if I'd misdiognosed my enneagram type.

However since lessons have started I've gone back to my old self more or less-because I remembered why I actually came here and felt like part of the Classics student body and so connected to something. I'm now behaving like an 8 again.

So i was wondering if the stress of moving to uni-and maybe the awareness that I needed to make connections-caused my wing to take over-maybe trying to protect my dominant preference? Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a 5w6 and under stress, I do see more of the type 6 coming out. I get more fearful and anxious and imagine lots of worst case scenarios. Sometimes I become hypervigilant.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I find I move towards my wings in stressful situations, yes; mainly for my gut center.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's a combination of 9w1-esque "cocooning", being more tense and rigid and critical...so I guess perhaps.

Freyaaa

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
Cool thanks.
My best friend who I think is 1w9 knew exactly what I meant when I talked about feeling disconnected too, so I think moving to university really might trigger your wing...

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
When I moved away from home for the first time I found myself acting like my disintegrated types. Four disintegrates to 2 under stress, and my 5 wing to 7. I was really surprised by that as I never identified with those two types at all.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't have a wing :cry: