• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you tell a person's type by just looking at them?

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
been thinking about this, sometimes I can get like a "1" vibe or a "6" vibe from certain people just by watching how they carry themselves. not sure how many of those i'm actually right about though.

more than anything though I can usually tell a 3 just by watching them at work, they get so focused on what they're doing and how they do it that they can take something really boring if they wanted to and almost make it interesting to watch, just to see how intent they get.

for example, some obv 3s (off the top of my head):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90FERcmr934
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MQ3AG1c8o

can anyone else see people and guess their type like this?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some people are so obvious.

But some are very difficult even if you know them very well.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-I can usually tell a 2w1 just by their voice, they all have that certain tone that they always use... it kinda sounds like they're talking in a higher pitch that they would normally talk. i don't really know how to describe it, but if you know a 2w1 irl you prob know what i'm talking about.

-I can tell a 3 just by watching them work on something. If it's something they care about, they give it their all, and it shows

-surprisingly, i'm not really too good at pointing out my own type. i guess 5s are just so quiet, they're the type of people i never really think about typing. we're too good at being invisible XD

-9s, and some 9-fixes are really easy to type once I start talking to them. they just kinda give off this subtle "go with the flow" vibe that i think i'm good at picking up on, especially when we're in a group of people talking

just occurred to me, are N-doms better at typing the heart triad?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
been thinking about this, sometimes I can get like a "1" vibe or a "6" vibe from certain people just by watching how they carry themselves. not sure how many of those i'm actually right about though.

more than anything though I can usually tell a 3 just by watching them at work, they get so focused on what they're doing and how they do it that they can take something really boring if they wanted to and almost make it interesting to watch, just to see how intent they get.

for example, some obv 3s (off the top of my head):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90FERcmr934
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MQ3AG1c8o

can anyone else see people and guess their type like this?
I think you can tell types by how they look. Couple links of interest:
enneagram types http://pinterest.com/enneagram/
variants http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/list.php/category/23-Enneagram?page=4

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think you can get a vibe, but I wouldn't really trust it until it's confirmed. And even when it's confirmed it's not confirmed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

So, as long as you acknowledge that you can never assume accuracy and you're only using typology systems as a vocabulary for describing what you seen in people-- sure, why not?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-I can usually tell a 2w1 just by their voice, they all have that certain tone that they always use... it kinda sounds like they're talking in a higher pitch that they would normally talk. i don't really know how to describe it, but if you know a 2w1 irl you prob know what i'm talking about.

-I can tell a 3 just by watching them work on something. If it's something they care about, they give it their all, and it shows

-surprisingly, i'm not really too good at pointing out my own type. i guess 5s are just so quiet, they're the type of people i never really think about typing. we're too good at being invisible XD

-9s, and some 9-fixes are really easy to type once I start talking to them. they just kinda give off this subtle "go with the flow" vibe that i think i'm good at picking up on, especially when we're in a group of people talking

just occurred to me, are N-doms better at typing the heart triad?

No... Why?? Ne is in the head...

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are trends you can spot. an example would be dom Si - attention to detail, rigid etc

id-less-entity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The face, especially the eyes, reveal a lot about a person. The mouth is the second most expressive part of the face. Most of a persons energy seem to be expressed out of those two portals into the soul. There are other portals *ahem* nostrils *ahem*, but I'll leave that to the freaks to explain. So yes, over time, I can spot patterns and possibly type such a person depending on my level of knowledge of the system.

So taking this smiley for example --> :D
Bright smiley energy obviously = so/sx.

:wink: ==> mouth expresses friendly you can trust me; the one eye smiling suggests I know something you don't and I'm obviously hiding it from you... probably a type 3w4 salesman :wink:

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ahhh that Gangnam style video XD! it's like a freakin epidemic here!

You know, I'd normally lean towards intense skepticism with this kind of thing, but if you look at these videos

Enneagram 8s

Enneagram 1s

I watched these whole series of Enneagram interview by ConsciousTV and these are the only 2 types that have a distinct look. 8s are all large, sturdy and solidly built and 1s are all very 'straight', stiff, tense-looking and thin. By straight I mean, you know how a human body have this natural undulations and rhythm...these 1s look like they ironed that all out and so their bodies are made up of straight lines.

It's interesting how they're also both gut types.

B

brainheart

I think you can type people's MBTI fairly easily but I think enneagram is some hard ass shit. I think people who are in the 3/6/9 realm are the most difficult to nail, they are slippery little suckers. For the most part, I think enneatyping others is just an exercise in perpetuating stereotypes vs really getting to the root of it, which is what the enneagram is supposed to be about. So a lot of times (even though I find it tempting) I think it creates more problems than solutions.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you can type people's MBTI fairly easily but I think enneagram is some hard ass shit. I think people who are in the 3/6/9 realm are the most difficult to nail, they are slippery little suckers. For the most part, I think enneatyping others is just an exercise in perpetuating stereotypes vs really getting to the root of it, which is what the enneagram is supposed to be about. So a lot of times (even though I find it tempting) I think it creates more problems than solutions.

tbh, this is why i prefer enneagram to mbti, mbti is for a quick reference, if you don't know a person too well and want to start making a good impression. enneagram (usually) is an excersize in thinking when you're typing other people, and it's the ultimate tool for introspection when you type yourself.

as for 3s, 6s, and 9s, 3s and 6s I need to think about, but an Ni-dom can work wonders with typing 9s

G

Glycerine

I think that 3/6/9 were fairly easily to tell apart. 3= sugarcoated Mr./Ms. Perfect. 6= spaz 9= really chill and passive. These are highly overgeneralized but I don't see that much similarity between them. But then again, I considered all of them so... :thinking:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
3s are SHINY, 8s are GRRR, 1s are SNAPSTRAIGHTUPTIGHT.

Not really besides that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
3s are SHINY, 8s are GRRR, 1s are SNAPSTRAIGHTUPTIGHT.

Not really besides that.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2s emotions go right down to the curvature of da universe where aliens will know thy love.

5 is reverse.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
8 or w8 literally trigger a gut reaction in me, usually. It is like a very distinctive cologne. You just *know* what that kind of vibe means.