• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Memories of Don Richard Riso (1946-2012)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Riso was, like, "The man" to me when I first started reading about Enneagram. His stuff was pretty foundational to me, especially the cycles of integration and disintegration; it was a nice blend of the spiritual with the secular. There was a lot of what I would deem "crap" floating around about the enneagram before then; I think he seriously systemized the theory and put out the first very detailed, cohesive descriptions of how the types worked, along with wings and variants. I started taking it seriously because of his work.

He put out a number of enneagram texts; I know I own 2-3 of the major ones.

It's a shame he has passed on. he was younger than my father, who is still around.

From a distance, he actually held his age pretty well:

628x471.jpg

EDIT: As a complete side note, no one ever told me that Russ Hudson was cute.

Russ.png

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] All of us 5w4s are cute!

But I'm not posting this because of that comment. Today is the 2nd anniversary of Riso's passing away from cancer.