• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

to people who think I'm a 4

Burger King

My list was just something I did as an example, something to think about perhaps. It wasn't intended for serious answering. :D

-Escape into fantasies - if so, are they usually pleasant/unpleasant? yes, usually unpleasant

This struck me as a bit odd though. If you are an e9, a type known for desiring inner peace, why would these be unpleasant fantasies? What purpose does that serve? I see an e4 doing this to intensify feelings, and since somewhere along the line they've equated sad/negative things to depth. They also fear dullness and plainness, so it makes sense for them to intensify feelings using imaginations, especially the unpleasant - cuz it more "real." /cheez

But for a 9, this runs contrary to what I've come to expect. If you cannot have any say over the chaos of the outer world, wouldn't it make sense to escape towards a pleasant inner world to compensate? Is it because you lack a voice in the real world? So through imagination, the unpleasant, it's a way of voicing and having control over situations that you otherwise would not have IRL.

I dunno, I'll stop now. This amateur is starting to sound like Sigmund Fraud. :blush:

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not to be a thread necrophilliac, but I'm curious to know, what do you think your type is now?