• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Addiction and Enneatype

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Charlie sheen is probably an n

And I know its true for a lot of 7's I've just probably been around it enough to decide very early that I was not going to go that route.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Charlie sheen is probably an n

And I know its true for a lot of 7's I've just probably been around it enough to decide very early that I was not going to go that route.

Why is Charlie Sheen an "N"? And his rants don't count. He was doing crazy shit because he was coming off of several drugs "cold turkey".

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Type 9 The Peacemaker
Over-eating or under-eating due to lack of self-awareness and repressed anger. Lack of physical activity. Depressants and psychotropics, alcohol, marijuana, narcotics to deaden loneliness and anxiety.
Eh, can't relate to this one. I'm the opposite of the physical activity, I get restless just sitting around. Haven't touched alcohol in over three years and never done any drugs nor cared to. If anything I exercise so much because of my repressed anger.

Type 1 The Reformer
Excessive use of diets, vitamins, and cleansing techniques (fasts, diet pills, enemas). Under-eating for self-control: in extreme cases anorexia and bulimia. Alcohol to relieve tension.
I'm probably guilty of the first part, as I am big on supplements, but not diets or fasts and certainly not enemas. And again, haven't drank in over three years. I don't consider myself to be an under eater... I just eat a lot of low calorie stuff, since I mainly eat fruits and veggies.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
can't say that I find it particularly accurate in the case of myself... it misses the motivations entirely :thinking:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I related to the 7 one quite a bit. I thought it was pretty damn accurate.

None of them quite captured the degree of self loathing that would make them appropriate for me :laugh:

I drank to forget I cared... It turned into drinking to forget that I was an alcoholic... Now I'm perfectly reminded by that as a recovering one... :doh:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
None of them quite captured the degree of self loathing that would make them appropriate for me :laugh:

I drank to forget I cared... It turned into drinking to forget that I was an alcoholic... Now I'm perfectly reminded by that as a recovering one... :doh:

I drank to escape my problems and escape life altogether.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It always seems to end with just drinking to forget about the problems caused by drinking... Fuck that :thelook:

The only reason that I don't drink now is because it makes me fat and I'm trying my damndest to lose weight.

G

Ginkgo

Type 5 fits almost perfectly, along with the addiction of the 4 to socialize. Almost like an addiction to not having any other addictions.

KDude

I don't identify with any of these. I've done a lot of drugs in the past, but I don't know what I was "addicted" to. I quit them all cold turkey. I was also a smoker for years, but that's because I liked it (more of a connoisseur of various tobacco products. Not simply an addict per se). I quit that too. I guess I could identify with 5, cuz I'm addicted to "inactivity". But I don't have any problems with it. Other people do. A lot of people don't know how to relax.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
4w5 fitted me. Tho the 5 stuff always freaked me out. I rather liked prolonged 1on1 discussions about friendship or personality analysis after 15 beer and 10 jägermeister :/

KDude

4w5 fitted me. Tho the 5 stuff always freaked me out. I rather liked prolonged 1on1 discussions about friendship or personality analysis after 15 beer and 10 jägermeister :/

Not sure what's worse. Jager or the long friendship talk.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not sure what's worse. Jager or the long friendship talk.

yea the guy from back then is an istj. he fullfilled his duty even in the wake of defeat. probably has been the best friend ice ever had. sadly he never quit drinking tho i tried to get him too and some day he shut me out of his life. havent seen him for 3 years but i miss him. never met someone again who could stand my shit...