• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

identifying more with certain wings depending on your mental state?

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
was reading through this thread and it got me thinking...
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/56671-so-how-common-balanced-wings-anyway.html

The more melancholy I am, the more I recognize my 5wing. Generally, I have a more 4w3 vibe.

I identify strongly with the unhealthy sides, especially the 2w3. )

i'm seeing a pattern here, and I see it in myself as well. do people identify more with the wing that's clockwise to their type on the ennea symbol when they disintegrate? discuss.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 7w6, but sometimes I turn 8w7 if I want to kick someone's ass, dominate something or conquer an obstacle, but then again, I imagine most people would

Burger King

I don't know about disintegrating to your wing. We may overcompensate with the weaker wing sometimes, perhaps in an unconscious attempt for balance. It's just an amateur's theory though. I haven't read much about wing theory. I just kinda accepted it.

For example, I think a 4w3 would overcompensate and go to typical 5 wing stuff by having a genuine "intellectual streak," ridding themselves of having to prove anything to anyone. While a 4w5 may realize that they are going to fade into obscurity if they don't do anything about it. "What's the point of being unique if no one knows or cares?" This is a really rough and vague example lol. Hopefully it illustrates my point.